The Student Room Group

Love your body

Why do people give overweight people so much hate ? We are all human and all have feelings! Some people may be lazy, some may be exercising 4 hours a day , some may be struggling with a condition/illness/disease, some people and injuring themselves and purging themselves just to fit in.

Just because you are "fat" doesn't mean you are lazy or eat too much, it's your identity, it is in your genes and it is who you are!

Don't put yourself through pain and suffering to please others because they are not worth it.

Who ever you are you can make a difference in this world and By putting people down and making them self conscious or self hating can really effect them.

Complement that girl who is wearing shorts, smile and that girl wearing a crop top beacause All we humans want is to feel loved and feel part of some ting.

Everyone no matter the dress size should come together and support one another.... girl, boy ,size 6, size 30 we are all in some ways the same !

If I can give one person the confidence to say "f@/k them I'm wearing this" and defy beauty standards, I will be content.

Go love yourself for who you are and not for what they want you to be x

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chloe1423

Just because you are "fat" doesn't mean you are lazy or eat too much, it's your identity, it is in your genes and it is who you are!
x

thats a really disrespectful and horrible thing to say.... being fat is not who you are, its your current state, you can change it and become healthy. it doesnt define you as a person, that kind of attitude motivates fat people to stay fat and die young of a heart attack
99% of the time it does mean youre lazy and eat too much
This.
Original post by jamesgillian123
thats a really disrespectful and horrible thing to say.... being fat is not who you are, its your current state, you can change it and become healthy. it doesnt define you as a person, that kind of attitude motivates fat people to stay fat and die young of a heart attack

dont forget it is also a direct cause of cancer and other long term serious health effects such as diabetes....

Quite frankly i couldn't care less about these noise makers...if you want to die so bad or at least have an illness laden life...go for it you suffer the consequences in the end.
(edited 5 years ago)
Why do people give overweight people so much hate ? We are all human and all have feelings! Some people may be lazy, some may be exercising 4 hours a day , some may be struggling with a condition/illness/disease, some people and injuring themselves and purging themselves just to fit in.

Don't put yourself through pain and suffering to please others because they are not worth it.

Who ever you are you can make a difference in this world and By putting people down and making them self conscious or self hating can really effect them.

Complement that girl who is wearing shorts, smile and that girl wearing a crop top beacause All we humans want is to feel loved and feel part of some ting.

Everyone no matter the dress size should come together and support one another.... girl, boy ,size 6, size 30 we are all in some ways the same !

If I can give one person the confidence to say "f@/k them I'm wearing this" and defy beauty standards, I will be content.

i hope you love yourself enough to extend your lifespan... it's for your own good
Reply 5
exactly this is why people end up with mental health issues everyone should help and love one another x

This kind of attitude is actually really damaging. We don't need a generation of fat people thinking "oh well, I'm just fat, that's me, can't do anything about it, might as well just continue with my unhealthy lifestyle" - and that latter part is all it boils down to, at the end of the day. Being overweight is not healthy, plain and simple. Increased blood pressure and bad cholesterol profiles are just two of the common issues faced by people who are fat. Nobody has "fat genes" and yes, it is commonly down to laziness and eating too much. When people are fat and they say "it's muh genetics" what they really mean is "I'm genetically a lazy and greedy person", given the fact that families of overweight people happens due to passed down bad eating habits and lack of encouragement to exercise growing up, not because one is predetermined to store lots of fat.

Don't get me wrong, fat people shouldn't be inherently mocked or bullied, and a lot of people generally struggle with losing weight because it's hard to break old habits. However, I do have a problem with the excuses and justifications for being overweight. It's not healthy and it's not as if it's just impossible for most people to lose weight.
(edited 5 years ago)
I agree, being fat certainly shouldn't be mocked

but it shouldn't be encouraged either

its bad for your health, causes a whole list of problems, decreases your length of life and makes everything a daily struggle

who wants to shop for plus sized clothing? who wants to struggle to squeeze through somewhere? who wants to have two/several people help to lift you up? and most importantly who wants to stick out like a sore thumb amongst thin people? not me

not to sound shallow either but its not attractive either. all overweight men and women would look much better if they were thinner
exactly this is why people end up with mental health issues everyone should help and love one another x

well no that contradicts what you just said. saying that fat people is "who you are" is the complete opposite of helping them lose weight and become healthy. and obesity is corrolated with depression, so it would make sense to help people lose weight. i agree with some of your post but youre mostly making no sense, its like me saying we should accept people that are smokers and its who they are and its fine and we should support them...
x

If you really love your body - look after it. Eat properly and excercise.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
This kind of attitude is actually really damaging. We don't need a generation of fat people thinking "oh well, I'm just fat, that's me, can't do anything about it, might as well just continue with my unhealthy lifestyle" - and that latter part is all it boils down to, at the end of the day. Being overweight is not healthy, plain and simple. Increased blood pressure and bad cholesterol profiles are just two of the common issues faced by people who are fat. Nobody has "fat genes" and yes, it is commonly down to laziness and eating too much. When people are fat and they say "it's muh genetics" what they really mean is "I'm genetically a lazy and greedy person", given the fact that families of overweight people happens due to passed down bad eating habits and lack of encouragement to exercise growing up, not because one is predetermined to store lots of fat.

Well said!
I think ultimately unless you know someone personally and are worried for their health, it’s not up to you to comment on their weight.

As someone with autoimmune disorders that quite literally prevent me from loosing weight like others, it’s difficult to be mocked for having fat on certain areas of my body, despite maintaining a pretty healthy lifestyle. That being said, I’m only slightly overweight so it’s not a *huge* deal.

But as a message to anyone out there, just be kind! Be happy, healthy, and be kind. x
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
considering I exercise very regularly and my diet is very healthy I disagree I'm a size 14/16 in most shops and I'm 6 foot tall. Half my family carry a bit of weight and my sister eats the same amount and is around 5,9 and a size 10'. Yes there is such a thing as a fat gene as everyone's metabolism system is different and I'm not endorsing being overweight but we shouldn't shame those who carry more weight!

It's people like you that make people have mental illness, you shouldn't be shamed for how you look.
Reply 13
Original post by FloralHybrid
I think ultimately unless you know someone personally and are worried for their health, it’s not up to you to comment on their weight.

As someone with autoimmune disorders that quite literally prevent me from loosing weight like others, it’s difficult to be mocked for having fat on certain areas of my body, despite maintaining a pretty healthy lifestyle. That being said, I’m only slightly overweight so it’s not a *huge* deal.

But as a message to anyone out there, just be kind! Be happy, healthy, and be kind. x
exactly x
Reply 14
Original post by Oruese
i hope you love yourself enough to extend your lifespan... it's for your own good
my point was sometimes you can't control your body and that people should not judge others !
considering I exercise very regularly and my diet is very healthy I disagree I'm a size 14/16 in most shops and I'm 6 foot tall. Half my family carry a bit of weight and my sister eats the same amount and is around 5,9 and a size 10'. Yes there is such a thing as a fat gene as everyone's metabolism system is different and I'm not endorsing being overweight but we shouldn't shame those who carry more weight!

It's people like you that make people have mental illness, you shouldn't be shamed for how you look.

Ayy me too! 6 foot tall female and a size 16 :smile:
Reply 16

You have missed the point completely. He's not saying we should bully people for being fat, but saying things like "it's okay to be fat" doesn't actually help obese people. It encourages them to continue living an unhealthy lifestyle.
Reply 17
Original post by Anonymous
I agree, being fat certainly shouldn't be mocked

but it shouldn't be encouraged either

its bad for your health, causes a whole list of problems, decreases your length of life and makes everything a daily struggle

who wants to shop for plus sized clothing? who wants to struggle to squeeze through somewhere? who wants to have two/several people help to lift you up? and most importantly who wants to stick out like a sore thumb amongst thin people? not me

not to sound shallow either but its not attractive either. all overweight men and women would look much better if they were thinner

My point is some cannot control their body and their weight gain

This is utter ********. 99% of fat people are lazy ****s that are putting their health at risk. There is no other way to put it. And their laziness is affecting everyone else. Billions are wasted treating illnesses that are related to being fat.

x

If this is what you say to actual fat people then you are a ****ing *******! How dare you say that being fat is part of your identity! Being fat is unhealthy and ugly. You are more likely to die young, get cancer, suffer depression and a whole host of other problems. And you dare tell these people that instead of trying to solve this problem that it is 'who they are'?
Being fat is NOT in your genes. Like I said, 99% of fat people are fat because they are lazy ****s. Their fatness causes nothing but trouble for everyone including themselves.

Giving complements and stuff is all fair and good, but it is not something that should be expected. No one owes you anything. The fact of the matter is is you are fat you are highly unattractive so don't expect people to complement you. I'm not condoning fat shaming, however, it is very foolish to expect people to find you attractive and love you for who you are. That doesn't happen in the real world.

Why don't we try to help fat people by encouraging them in a fair way to loose weight instead of shoving this fat acceptance BS down everyone's throat.
Reply 19
well no that contradicts what you just said. saying that fat people is "who you are" is the complete opposite of helping them lose weight and become healthy. and obesity is corrolated with depression, so it would make sense to help people lose weight. i agree with some of your post but youre mostly making no sense, its like me saying we should accept people that are smokers and its who they are and its fine and we should support them...

Some people cannot control what their body does with fat and food

Quick Reply

Latest