The Student Room Group

Apparently I'm posh, girls, what do you think?

I'm 21, I come from a good family, my parents both have jobs, dad is now retired and I had a nice childhood.

A few friends of mine agreed I was posh.
They wouldn't explain how just that I'm posh, apparently.

I play golf I'm into watches and vintage cars, I have a couple of watches myself and my dad has a Rolex.

I dress well and I just try to act somewhat decent.
I never thought of myself as posh but I've been called Polo, JFK and the Hamptons (all posh according to my friends).

I was talking to a girl about it and she said "well you are posh, that's not a bad thing at all, you're just like a good rich kid'.

Girls, what do you think? Is it a turn off for you?

What is actually is 'being posh'?
Reply 1
Dear lord.
Reply 2
I get called posh but that’s due to the fact I don’t sound like a Geordie
Reply 3
Original post by gjd800
Dear lord.

Get on your bike
Reply 4
Original post by Pugglet
I get called posh but that’s due to the fact I don’t sound like a Geordie

I'm Irish, I'm not from Dublin, so I miss out on both ends of the scale from the 'have yaa a euaroo fourr da buhs' to the 'aw daddy bowght me a powny'..
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Get on your bike

Yer Ma's unavailable.
You answered this for yourself with the sentences ‘I play golf’ and ‘I come from a good family’.
Reply 7
I'm Irish, I'm not from Dublin, so I miss out on both ends of the scale from the 'have yaa a euaroo fourr da buhs' to the 'aw daddy bowght me a powny'..

My accent is a warped Geordie and Mancunian that sounds weirdly generically British. It’s ridiculous
No one believes that I’m from Newcastle
Reply 8
U have to be the judge of yourself
Reply 9
Original post by gjd800
Yer Ma's unavailable.

This is why you were shot
Reply 10
This is why you were shot

Time travelling Ma-fondler. And to think they said I'd not amount to anything.
Original post by gjd800
Time travelling Ma-fondler. And to think they said I'd not amount to anything.

To your credit you're a credit to the Republic.
Ma-fondling aside.
Reply 12
To your credit you're a credit to the Republic.
Ma-fondling aside.

:laugh:

(Don't take me too seriously)
Reply 13
Were you educated in a public school? Imo to be considered posh you pretty much have to have gone to an elite private school.
Original post by ed98
Were you educated in a public school? Imo to be considered posh you pretty much have to have gone to an elite private school.

I'm not from England, but yeah Public school, some gypsies/travellers went there too, and some students who went on to be doctors, everyone from the area went there.
I'm not from England, but yeah Public school, some gypsies/travellers went there too, and some students who went on to be doctors, everyone from the area went there.

I am posh...you have nothing to worry about you're not posh
My friends call me posh because of my accent and my mannerisms. Also the way I dress, eat/drink and am polite. However I went to an awful, failing state school and am from the lowest socio-economic background living off £12,000< for a family of 3. Everyone’s idea of posh is different, but I have no qualms with it; unless it includes being a snob. I find well-dressed men to be quite attractive and handsome, if I’m honest 😊
im

I'm 21, I come from a good family, my parents both have jobs, dad is now retired and I had a nice childhood.

A few friends of mine agreed I was posh.
They wouldn't explain how just that I'm posh, apparently.

I play golf I'm into watches and vintage cars, I have a couple of watches myself and my dad has a Rolex.

I dress well and I just try to act somewhat decent.
I never thought of myself as posh but I've been called Polo, JFK and the Hamptons (all posh according to my friends).

I was talking to a girl about it and she said "well you are posh, that's not a bad thing at all, you're just like a good rich kid'.

Girls, what do you think? Is it a turn off for you?

What is actually is 'being posh'?

im pretty much the same i like watches and and cars, especially the aston martin db5. its fine just take it on the chin.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending