The Student Room Group

Struggling to pass functional skills maths at level 2

It's funny how I passed Level 2 English with ease but I'm struggling with maths so badly lol.. I think that it's a bit embarrassing to be honest. I have passed Level 1 and that took a few good attempts but Level 2 is so difficult and I don't think I will ever pass it. I even have a CGP book at level 2 and struggle with the questions compared to when I studied level 1. I am sure if I had a 1 to 1 tutor who could help me, I would pass but I'm usually studying by myself usually. The government want you to have at least level 2 to be able to get through life... I feel like the exam is almost impossible for me to pass :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
It's funny how I passed Level 2 English with ease but I'm struggling with maths so badly lol.. I think that it's a bit embarrassing to be honest. I have passed Level 1 and that took a few good attempts but Level 2 is so difficult and I don't think I will ever pass it. I even have a CGP book at level 2 and struggle with the questions compared to when I studied level 1. I am sure if I had a 1 to 1 tutor who could help me, I would pass but I'm usually studying by myself usually. The government want you to have at least level 2 to be able to get through life... I feel like the exam is almost impossible for me to pass :frown:

Don't worry, you will be able to do it. Please be more specific - how exactly are you struggling with the textbook questions? Are you able to follow the examples before trying the questionable have you tried watching YouTube video explanations?
Reply 2
Aw you are really nice, I have a functional skills level 2 maths exam on Thursday and I am freaking out. I am trying to figure out atm which exam board is the hardest for functional skills maths Level 2. My exam board is NCFE.
Reply 3

I have a degree in maths, if you have any maths question, tag me in the post and I will answer it.
Reply 4
Original post by S.Jama
Aw you are really nice, I have a functional skills level 2 maths exam on Thursday and I am freaking out. I am trying to figure out atm which exam board is the hardest for functional skills maths Level 2. My exam board is NCFE.

I thought there were only two exams.. edexcel or city and guilds. I have tried to pass city and guilds many times but I think that the questions are unfair and unrealistic unlike the edexcel exam which is more straight forward and simplistic imo. I am trying to find a place where I could take the edexcel version because I have no chance passing the city and guilds version of functional skills maths at level 2.
Reply 5
Hi im doing functional math with pearson. Havd got my test on wednesfsy. Now feel im unavle yo pass :frown:
I thought there were only two exams.. edexcel or city and guilds. I have tried to pass city and guilds many times but I think that the questions are unfair and unrealistic unlike the edexcel exam which is more straight forward and simplistic imo. I am trying to find a place where I could take the edexcel version because I have no chance passing the city and guilds version of functional skills maths at level 2.
Hi there, in the pass i tried to pass gcses, but sadly failed. 3 yrs after school. Noe im re trying, I'm struggling to pass my level 2 ocr fs. But i decided to get a decent private tutor. Im dyslexic in maths. Trouble understanding questions what they are asking for. This tutor is brilliant and teaching me questions on how to answer questions and methods. They do a lot to trick us in exam questions. Good luck. Worth every penny. Never give you get there. I got my exam this week only half anxious.
Original post by S.Jama

where are you sitting your exam? i think OCR and city and guilds is the hardest! I'm looking for somewhere that does the NCFE one but can't find any.
Reply 8
Original post by NiniTanya
where are you sitting your exam? i think OCR and city and guilds is the hardest! I'm looking for somewhere that does the NCFE one but can't find any.

At my college girl
Original post by S.Jama
At my college girl

did you pass your exam? I think I'm gonna fly to London and do the NCFE one but I was getting used to exdecel papers. Hard to find much past papers on the NCFE exam board
Reply 10
Original post by NiniTanya
did you pass your exam? I think I'm gonna fly to London and do the NCFE one but I was getting used to exdecel papers. Hard to find much past papers on the NCFE exam board

I don't know yet. Lool come over girl x
Reply 11
Hi did u pass in the end, im having the same problem its my 3rd time and it gets harder:frown:
Reply 12
I did surprisingly 1st time
Reply 13
Thats good, was it with city and guilds as i find it tricky. Any tips?
It is with city and guilds. Sample paper 1 is the easiest in my opinion. Sample paper two and three are ridiculously hard.. I am watching this youtube channel called Intech Centre who have uploaded sample papers 1, 2 and 3 and they explain how to do it. My exam is in July.. the pass mark is 48/75 and I hope I get sample paper 1 because I would pass with flying colours.
Reply 15
How long do you think it will take to learn the city and guilds level 2 maths can it be done in 7 weeks? i have a d in gcse maths also known as a 3 and i have a 3 a d in english aswell how long does it take to pass the c and g maths and english level 2 please can i get some help thank you?
Reply 16
It is with city and guilds. Sample paper 1 is the easiest in my oteopinion. Sample paper two and three are ridiculously hard.. I am watching this youtube channel called Intech Centre who have uploaded sample papers 1, 2 and 3 and they explain how to do it. My exam is in July.. the pass mark is 48/75 and I hope I get sample paper 1 because I would pass with flying colours.

tell me how it goes bro was it hard or easy?
Reply 17
hey the level 2 english what exam board was it ?
When I did my exam 4 years ago, it was with City & Guilds. I passed that first time because my english is extremely good. The maths exams with city and guilds are very hard, but I am poor at maths in general. It depends what kind of learner you are as well. I am a visual learner so I learn from watching videos which is why I am watching Intech centre videos on city and guilds papers and doing the tests by myself after i watch them to see if I have improved.
Original post by mozz1
hey the level 2 english what exam board was it ?
ahahah I done the same thing. but i answered the questions first and then watched the videos to check my answers. I took both my maths and english exam with intech centre in London. They have the sample papers on the website so what i did is, I opened up the sample answered one question in Maths and then watched the video to check my answers. I repeated this process for the other 2 questions in maths. They have 3-4 sample videos. its amazing guys. Also, booking and getting a slot was super easy. English was more complex as it has 3 exams. again Intech made it simple for me. I have the topics for speaking

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending