The Student Room Group

Romanian English

I'm looking to apply for medicine in English at Romanian medical schools, however, I'm feeling lost at this moment. I contacted a few student recruitment agencies but the service charges are outrageous.

Could anyone that has been through the system give me some guidance as to the steps I need to take in order to secure a spot at a good Romanian medical university. And which universities would you guys suggest.

Regards
Original post by muzammil_khan66
I'm looking to apply for medicine in English at Romanian medical schools, however, I'm feeling lost at this moment. I contacted a few student recruitment agencies but the service charges are outrageous.

Could anyone that has been through the system give me some guidance as to the steps I need to take in order to secure a spot at a good Romanian medical university. And which universities would you guys suggest.

Regards

Use the search facility on the medicine sub forum to id who is out there or has done it. Some of the agencies seem to be dubious. Some people have put up good posts on experience, but you will have to research and the search tool isnt great.

Regards

all of them are good, and some have online application system. Check Targu Mures, Iasi.

Look:
http://www.umfiasi.ro/STYDINGINAFOREINGLANGUAGE/Pages/default.aspx
https://www.umftgm.ro/en/admission/admission-2018.html
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by the_queen
all of them are good, and some have online application system. Check Targu Mures, Iasi.

I'm currently checking Carol Davila, Iasi, Ovidius, Timisaora, and Targu Mures. I understand know that some of these agencies guarantee your admission. Also do any of these universities have entrance exams?
I'm currently checking Carol Davila, Iasi, Ovidius, Timisaora, and Targu Mures. I understand know that some of these agencies guarantee your admission. Also do any of these universities have entrance exams?

Some of them have entrance exams. Please check their websites. I would suggest make sure you have all the documents required, and send them by mail as they say on their websites, or, if you have time, make a trip there and apply in person. Romania is not expensive and is very beautiful :smile:
Reply 5

I would advise to avoid Targu Mures medical school.
A friend of mine studies there and told me dont come because of 40cp rule where u have to collect 40/60 credits before reexamination. And if u fail to get 40, you automatically repeat the year, not even getting a chance to redo your failed exams.

Also he told there is a lot of people leaving the uni now because of this crazy and bad rule. You should avoid the place.

He recommends Iasi, Constansta, Oradea, Timisoara, Bucharest. Also Cluj-Napoca
Original post by FabianS
I would advise to avoid Targu Mures medical school.
A friend of mine studies there and told me dont come because of 40cp rule where u have to collect 40/60 credits before reexamination. And if u fail to get 40, you automatically repeat the year, not even getting a chance to redo your failed exams.

Also he told there is a lot of people leaving the uni now because of this crazy and bad rule. You should avoid the place.

He recommends Iasi, Constansta, Oradea, Timisoara, Bucharest. Also Cluj-Napoca

even if I, personally, would agree with you, ethically I have to give them my credits for this approach. This is what makes this uni good. At the end of the day they produce good doctors, not only some people with a diploma.
Reply 7
even if I, personally, would agree with you, ethically I have to give them my credits for this approach. This is what makes this uni good. At the end of the day they produce good doctors, not only some people with a diploma.

What if youu were sick or had personal problems? And you where denied of doing exams.

Think like thi s my friend said when he started the uni they where 110 students on 1st year. Now going to 3rd year is 50 students. Is that normal that almost half has failed. He said now there is 25 that failed the year because of new rule and many more will because of some extremely hard exams.
Original post by FabianS
What if youu were sick or had personal problems? And you where denied of doing exams.

Think like thi s my friend said when he started the uni they where 110 students on 1st year. Now going to 3rd year is 50 students. Is that normal that almost half has failed. He said now there is 25 that failed the year because of new rule and many more will because of some extremely hard exams.

Please remember that medicine is not a degree like engineering, psychology or whatever another one. Medicine is about humans, so, if their main goal is to produce good doctors but not a NUMBER of doctors, I think this is a good practice for medicine.

On the other hand, I think there are special consideration and conditions for those students being ill or with personal issues. I dont think they make students fail if they work hard and they are good in their subjects. Exams are very hard in the UK too.

So, please accept that medicine is for talented and dedicated people.

And if you say that medicine in Romania is not fair, than look at the medicine in France.
Hello dear forum, I am from France and considering to study medicine in IASI GRIGORE T. POPA (ROMANIA). How is it there?
(edited 5 years ago)
Please remember that medicine is not a degree like engineering, psychology or whatever another one. Medicine is about humans, so, if their main goal is to produce good doctors but not a NUMBER of doctors, I think this is a good practice for medicine.

On the other hand, I think there are special consideration and conditions for those students being ill or with personal issues. I dont think they make students fail if they work hard and they are good in their subjects. Exams are very hard in the UK too.

So, please accept that medicine is for talented and dedicated people.

And if you say that medicine in Romania is not fair, than look at the medicine in France.

Hello there, are you a medical student yourself? I'm thinking of going into Craioa, Bucharest or maybe Targu Mures for medicine. Anyone of those you'd recommend?
Original post by FatWalrice99
Hello there, are you a medical student yourself? I'm thinking of going into Craioa, Bucharest or maybe Targu Mures for medicine. Anyone of those you'd recommend?

In my order, Bucharest, Targu Mures, Craiova.
In my order, Bucharest, Targu Mures, Craiova.

Okay that's cool thank you. Do you know the admission process into going to Bucharest? They have an English exam right or?
Original post by FatWalrice99
Okay that's cool thank you. Do you know the admission process into going to Bucharest? They have an English exam right or?

Please check the uni's website
https://umfcd.ro/

Good luck!

Latest

Trending

Trending