The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tu Llama
If my opinion is retarded then so be it. I could easily say the same about yours. Anyway, just because a thing can be said about 'a lot of things' doesn't mean the point in question isn't valid. Deflection doesn't get you very far.

No, I’m saying that there are objective standards of truth and that we should argue accordingly.

You’re saying there’s no objective so Andrade but we should strongly support what our current society advocates for regardless
Original post by Oruese
of course.... just realise your progressive atheism is causing children in kindergarten in california and canada to be taught that boys can be girls and girls and be boys. Beastiality is next folks...continue with the progression into madness. when you reject God, you end up having no standards i'll give you a heads up though read Romans 1

I’m Christian and I may not be 100% with homosexuals, I wouldn’t force them to change who they are. Plus this is the UK not about America. We aren’t as liberal as places like California. Gay therapy doesn’t fix homosexuality just suppressed the feeling. They will still be gay but they will be forced to be straight.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by ProRoadman
I’m Christian and I may not be 100% with homosexuals, I wouldn’t force them to change who they are. Plus this is the UK not about America. We aren’t as liberal as places like California. Gay therapy doesn’t fix homosexuality just suppressed the feeling. They will still be gay but they will be forced to be straight.

But also not as (small c) conservative as somewhere like Texas or Oklahoma
Original post by Bnaca
It's God's jurisdiction? And yet, a mere mortal such as yourself is spreading His wishes on behalf of the almighty...

According to the old testament, Book of Genesis specifically, God set the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah ablaze due to its inhabitants performing sodomy, and conducting homosexual relationships with one another. Surely due to His omnipotence, God can simply smite all of the gay people in the world, similar to how he did in the Book of Genesis; since, of course, it is his "jurisdiction" to "judge what is a sin and what isn't". And yet, he hasn't. So, without saying 'it is all part of God's plan', can you explain why God doesn't kill all of these 'sinners'? Or is he on a continuous vacation for the past few millennia?

zekiel 16:49-50 declares, "Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before me..." The Hebrew word translated "detestable" refers to something that is morally disgusting and is the exact same word used in Leviticus 18:22 that refers to homosexuality as an "abomination." Similarly, Jude 7 declares, "...Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion." So, again, while homosexuality was not the only sin in which the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah indulged, it does appear to be the primary reason for the destruction of the cities.

Those who attempt to explain away the biblical condemnations of homosexuality claim that the sin of Sodom and Gomorrah was inhospitality. The men of Sodom and Gomorrah were certainly being inhospitable. There is probably nothing more inhospitable than homosexual gang rape. But to say God completely destroyed two cities and all their inhabitants for being inhospitable clearly misses the point. While Sodom and Gomorrah were guilty of many other horrendous sins, homosexuality was the reason God poured fiery sulfur on the cities, completely destroying them and all of their inhabitants. To this day, the area where Sodom and Gomorrah were located remains a desolate wasteland. Sodom and Gomorrah serve as a powerful example of how God feels about sin in general, and homosexuality specifically.

Jesus Christ came to die for your sins, so that all men may be saved, you're living in a time of grace. He isn't just chilling up in heaven he's biding his time so that people like you repent of your sinfuls and give your life to him, besides if you read the book of revelations specifically you would understand that coming back now....would be very very bad for you in your current state

I never said force them to do anything, we both know forcing them to "convert" will never work. I'm talking about lets say a pastor preaching in an open venue and a gay person walks up hears the gospel and gets saved, would the pastor be sent to jail for "Gay conversion therapy"?
Original post by Oruese
I never said force them to do anything, we both know forcing them to "convert" will never work. I'm talking about lets say a pastor preaching in an open venue and a gay person walks up hears the gospel and gets saved, would the pastor be sent to jail for "Gay conversion therapy"?

There’s nothing wrong with that but I wouldn’t define that as gay conversation therapy. It’s more of the forceful kind where they are forced into this ritual to cure their gayness.

No ones forcing them though...
Original post by Davij038
No ones forcing them though...

I heard of stories forcing them to and i’m referring to teens or young adults.
I heard of stories forcing them to and i’m referring to teens or young adults.

Yeah then they’ll get done for rape

I heard of stories where they’ll be cured
(edited 5 years ago)
What a crock of ****.

So long as there is no coercion, why not?

How would you know if there's no coercion?
Yeah but I’d say the same thing about homosexuality in general though

Why?
Cannibalism is natural that doesn’t mean it’s right

But homosexuality harms no-one...

...except for maybe homophobes who hate it, and can't let it go when they see it.

What actual harm is there? Why does anyone care what two people get up to in bed? It's not exactly like you're watching them!

If it harms no-one, then there's no problem with it.
If you’re straight, conservative and Christian you’ll live longer, be happier and are far less likely to have STDs*

*if you’re in the first world.

What a load of *******s.
Reply 73
Original post by Oruese

Jesus Christ came to die for your sins, so that all men may be saved, you're living in a time of grace. He isn't just chilling up in heaven he's biding his time so that people like you repent of your sinfuls and give your life to him, besides if you read the book of revelations specifically you would understand that coming back now....would be very very bad for you in your current state

My current state? Oh honey, if God expects me to "give your life to him", then ***** he got another thing comin. He can come snatch my life from my cold dead hands biatch
Original post by Bnaca
My current state? Oh honey, if God expects me to "give your life to him", then ***** he got another thing comin. He can come snatch my life from my cold dead hands biatch

i honestly pray you get saved....but then again it's your life you will deal with the ramifications inevitably
Reply 75
Original post by Oruese
i honestly pray you get saved....but then again it's your life you will deal with the ramifications inevitably

Tbh I'd rather you didn't, but you do you
Reply 76
There's no evidence at all that gay conversion therapy works.

However, people should be free to do it if they choose.

It's the government's job to stop it being forced on people, not to force people not to do it. Same as the burka.
Original post by AngryJellyfish
What a load of *******s.

Straight, conservative Christians tend to be total nob-heads capable only.of coerced relations within their social group.

So probably they will be less likely to get STIs, though that isn't neccesarily as positive as it initially sounds.
If there’s no coercion or abuse so what?

Would you ban mosques or atheism because it sends out a messsge there’s something wrong with Christianity?

Not quite the same thing. If one person believes that God exists and another doesn't, that's down to personal belief and what you choose to believe. However, since it's been firmly established by psychology that being gay isn't a choice, there's no place in modern society for homophobia or anti-homosexual practices.
Oof the immediate reaction on the first page of this thread after the OP actually made my stomach flip I feel sick

Latest

Trending

Trending