The Student Room Group

Is the OCR chemistry B(salters) textbook really has a lot errors?

Attachment not found
Attachment not found

Hello I am trying to buy the OCR Chemistry B textbook on amazon. But nearly all the reviews said it has a lot error. Does someone who has this book can tell me it is really a worst textbook or not?
Thanks
I mean it's a good textbook just yeah lots of typos.
Reply 2
Do u mean the content is fine a part from typos?
Reply 3
Original post by black1blade

Do u mean the content is fine a part from typos?
Reply 4
Original post by black1blade

Do you mean the content is fine a part from typos?
Original post by SOXJack
Attachment not found
Attachment not found

Hello I am trying to buy the OCR Chemistry B textbook on amazon. But nearly all the reviews said it has a lot error. Does someone who has this book can tell me it is really a worst textbook or not?
Thanks

Most of it is fine but some of the answers and diagrams are wrong. If you are learning the course in school don't bother, just get the CGP guide.
Original post by SOXJack
Do you mean the content is fine a part from typos?

Yeah there a handful of mistakes and I corrected them as I went through. No longer got the textbook anymore as I handed it back to school so couldn't tell you which ones. Think I remember the thiosulphate titration equation at the end of ES being wrong maybe.
Reply 7
Original post by weakweakling
Most of it is fine but some of the answers and diagrams are wrong. If you are learning the course in school don't bother, just get the CGP guide.

I will start the course at September, is that fine if I use this book for preview?
Original post by SOXJack
I will start the course at September, is that fine if I use this book for preview?

I wouldn't recommend it. If a teacher is teaching you the course they will provide any material that is necessary. Just get the revision guide, it's much more accurate and easy to understand (and cheaper!!)
Original post by SOXJack

I've literally relied on the OCR B textbook for A Level chemistry. That textbook is the main resource I use for revision and I can still manage to get an A at AS chem and 80+% in end of topic tests for A2 so I would say its a pretty good textbook imo. The textbook is tailored towards the OCR B spec and it goes through the content in depth whilst I don't find the CGP book detailed enough to get the top grades. There are some errors in the textbook, but I haven't really found many tbh.
Reply 10
I had the one for OCR A.

I only remember one meaningful mistake in the answer to one of the questions in organic chemistry which I spotted and verified with my teacher.

These are good books with plenty of practice questions there are bound to be a few mistakes since the spec is new.

Who cares about typos, were not studying English language.

I would definitely recommend.

Quick Reply

Latest