The Student Room Group

International Baccalaureate Results Day 6th July 2018 Chat Thread

Welcome, everyone!:awesome:

I present to you the:

somewhat-official-but-off-brand IB Results chat thread!

We spent the last two years working our butts off for this moment - let's make it count!

The results will be available online on the 6th of July, 2018 at 14:45 CET, which is just about a week away!:afraid:

Let's get together and point out all the flaws of this programme, as well as complain how much we would have rather done A-levels. You know, the typical IB student stuff.

What are your plans for the future? Any offers you need to meet, any new interests you picked up during this rather long summer break? Any repressed memories that come flooding back into your mind as you hear the words EE, IA, or TOK?:emo:

Here's a link to an article on IB and results day as per @wolfmoon88's 2017 thread. Might be of some help!

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/international-baccalaureate/why-doing-the-ib-will-give-you-the-edge-ahead-of-results-day-this

Spoiler

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MagicalMedic
Welcome, everyone!:awesome:

I present to you the:

somewhat-official-but-off-brand IB Results chat thread!

We spent the last two years working our butts off for this moment - let's make it count!

The results will be available online on the 6th of July, 2018 at 14:45 CET, which is just about a week away!:afraid:

Let's get together and point out all the flaws of this programme, as well as complain how much we would have rather done A-levels. You know, the typical IB student stuff.

What are your plans for the future? Any offers you need to meet, any new interests you picked up during this rather long summer break? Any repressed memories that come flooding back into your mind as you hear the words EE, IA, or TOK?:emo:

Here's a link to an article on IB and results day as per @wolfmoon88's 2017 thread. Might be of some help!

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/international-baccalaureate/why-doing-the-ib-will-give-you-the-edge-ahead-of-results-day-this

Spoiler

Not an issue :tongue: though repressed memories of IB are coming back now :lol: Good luck to everyone getting results on the 6th :woo:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by wolfmoon88
Not an issue :tongue: though repressed memories of IB are coming back now :lol: Good luck to everyone getting results on the 6th :woo:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Coordinators get the results a day before the results are uploaded online, so we might be lucky enough to have the results a day early, on the 5th :redface:

Sorry for triggering, I know how awful IB memories are :lol: 10/10 would choose A-levels instead.

Doubt I'm making my predicted of 44 - I guesstimated my results at around 39-ish >.<
Coordinators get the results a day before the results are uploaded online, so we might be lucky enough to have the results a day early, on the 5th :redface:

Sorry for triggering, I know how awful IB memories are :lol: 10/10 would choose A-levels instead.

Doubt I'm making my predicted of 44 - I guesstimated my results at around 39-ish >.<

Oh yeah I remember that :redface: my coordinator just went on holiday... :lol:

"It must have been *love* but it's over nowwww" :wink: :tongue:

I'm sure your results will be better than you think :smile: 39 is a perfectly good score :yep: and you would make your offer with that I think?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Oh yeah I remember that :redface: my coordinator just went on holiday... :lol:

"It must have been *love* but it's over nowwww" :wink: :tongue:

I'm sure your results will be better than you think :smile: 39 is a perfectly good score :yep: and you would make your offer with that I think?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha my school only officially finished a few days ago, so whilst us IB grads got over a month off, teachers and other students had to stay. And results are next week and thankfully our coordinator's there!

It must've been good, but I lost it somehow... I mean seriously, where's the good bits???

I hope so, the pressure's on. 13 years and so much hard work all really accumulate to this moment. 39 is amazing, but that's not really what people expect of me. Or what I expect of myself, either.

Yeah I'd exceed my offer - need a cool 36 for it! Certain that I've made my offer but unsure what score I've achieved.

Hope you're doing well and are enjoying the last bits of your gap year :yep:
Hey guys :hi:

How is everyone feeling for IB results day tomorrow? :eek3: Just wanted to let you all know that we have set up the official International Baccalaureate chat thread here so everyone can share your last minute thoughts and feelings, and more importantly let everyone know how you've got on tomorrow :thumbsup:

If you want any advice on results or clearing or what to do next we are here all day today, tomorrow and Friday to answer any questions you guys have.

You can find our IB hub here!

Good luck tomorrow, we have our fingers crossed for you all! :crossedf:

IB

(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Evil Homer

How is everyone feeling for IB results day tomorrow? :eek3: Just wanted to let you all know that we have set up the official International Baccalaureate chat thread here so everyone can share your last minute thoughts and feelings, and more importantly let everyone know how you've got on tomorrow :thumbsup:

If you want any advice on results or clearing or what to do next we are here all day today, tomorrow and Friday to answer any questions you guys have.

IB

To be honest it entirely passed me by, considering I got my diploma five years ago xD
lol was quoted here and I don't even do IB...
Reply 8
Original post by Evil Homer

IB

I feel low-key awful tyvm :lol: In 24h I will have the results which are the cumulation of 12 years of my education. But tbh there's nothing much I can do right now and therefore I'm just going to enjoy the downtime :yep:

Thanks for the heads-up, will check out what the hub has :P

Original post by TheTroll73
lol was quoted here and I don't even do IB...

lucky...

lucky...

Sure, I guess I am since IB would be a poor fit for me (even everyone at my old school tried to convince me otherwise).
Reply 10
Original post by TheTroll73
Sure, I guess I am since IB would be a poor fit for me (even everyone at my old school tried to convince me otherwise).

Funny you say that it was a poor fit for me as well but I had no other choice rip
Funny you say that it was a poor fit for me as well but I had no other choice rip

That's sad :frown:. Well good luck anyways.
Good luck to you all receiving your results tomorrow!! I’m sure they’ll be great and will give you a stress free summer. I’m an A level person myself but I really do feel for you IBers
Original post by Saoirse:3
To be honest it entirely passed me by, considering I got my diploma five years ago xD

I have also annoyingly been tagged and I got my results back in 2009! I think it's about time for the IB to leave me alone.
Good luck everyone! I remember A Level results day and the stress but remember that everything happens for a reason!!
Good luck everyone :heart:

Let us know how you get on
I'm getting them today but opening them tomorrow
Original post by asd.987
I'm getting them today but opening them tomorrow

Coordinator giving you results? Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Coordinator giving you results? Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep. And thanks! Sh*tting myself though as I need 666 at HL and a 7 in MMath SL. I do Chem at HL btw and anyone who did that P2 knows what kind of hell it was.
Original post by asd.987
Yep. And thanks! Sh*tting myself though as I need 666 at HL and a 7 in MMath SL. I do Chem at HL btw and anyone who did that P2 knows what kind of hell it was.

I heard about P2 for Chem HL this year... and it wasn't that great. I'm sure it will be fine though! I did Chem HL last year :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending