The Student Room Group

transferring to UAL for second year

I wanna transfer to UAL to study film from my current uni, for second year. does anyone know if its possible/how to go around it? Ive already dropped them an email
Hi there,

I hope you're well and thank you for your question. We currently have two courses related to film. BA Film and Television, find more information here: http://www.arts.ac.uk/lcc/courses/undergraduate/ba-hons-film-and-television/ and BA Film Practice, find more information here: http://www.arts.ac.uk/lcc/courses/undergraduate/ba-hons-film-practice/

Let me know which one you'd be interested in joining and I can then give you more information.

Kind Regards.
Celine Ramseyer (BA Live Events and Television)
Reply 2
Original post by University of the Arts London
Hi there,

I hope you're well and thank you for your question. We currently have two courses related to film. BA Film and Television, find more information here: http://www.arts.ac.uk/lcc/courses/undergraduate/ba-hons-film-and-television/ and BA Film Practice, find more information here: http://www.arts.ac.uk/lcc/courses/undergraduate/ba-hons-film-practice/

Let me know which one you'd be interested in joining and I can then give you more information.

Kind Regards.

Hi, I emailed the uni about joining film practice, I'm going to apply because its my dream uni. Only nervous about being lonely being a 2nd year entry student now lol
**Please see our updated guidance at the end of this thread**

Hi there,

I hope you're well. I have just sent you a message with specific details to this course.

For other students you might be interested in transferring to UAL from a current university, here are a couple of steps to follow. Please drop us a message for any courses in particular.

- Put together a personal statement to send to the course director via email
- Your personal statement should explain why you want to transfer from your original course, why you want to come to UAL, what you feel you have to offer the course and what you hope to get from the course

Make sure you know what the course is all about before doing this: check the course information found on the website. This is a real opportunity to demonstrate your interest in the course so take your time over it and make sure it is well written and grammatically correct.

- Update your CV to send to the course director via email
- Send the course director a digital portfolio (if required for your course- please see website for course application requirements.)

The course director may then be able to make a decision or they may invite you for an interview or a portfolio review.

If your application is successful and the course director is happy to offer a place:
- You will need to formally apply through UCAS.
- You can copy and paste the personal statement that you previously put together
- You will need a reference which will preferably be an academic one

Once the application is received the course director will confirm the offer with our administrative centre and your place will be secured. ‘Joining instructions’ will then be sent to you.

Hope this helps and please let us know if you need any other information :smile:
Best,
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by University of the Arts London
Hi there,

I hope you're well. I have just sent you a message with specific details to this course.

For other students you might be interested in transferring to UAL from a current university, here are a couple of steps to follow. Please drop us a message for any courses in particular.

- Put together a personal statement to send to the course director via email
- Your personal statement should explain why you want to transfer from your original course, why you want to come to UAL, what you feel you have to offer the course and what you hope to get from the course

Make sure you know what the course is all about before doing this: check the course information found on the website. This is a real opportunity to demonstrate your interest in the course so take your time over it and make sure it is well written and grammatically correct.

- Update your CV to send to the course director via email
- Send the course director a digital portfolio (if required for your course- please see website for course application requirements.)

The course director may then be able to make a decision or they may invite you for an interview or a portfolio review.

If your application is successful and the course director is happy to offer a place:
- You will need to formally apply through UCAS.
- You can copy and paste the personal statement that you previously put together
- You will need a reference which will preferably be an academic one

Once the application is received the course director will confirm the offer with our administrative centre and your place will be secured. ‘Joining instructions’ will then be sent to you.

Hope this helps and please let us know if you need any other information :smile:
Best,

Hi, I'm in the same boat. On the UAL site it just says to select entry year 2 when applying through UCAS. Now that I've applied to the course via UCAS should I still need to contact the course director or should I wait like everybody else as I can't find the email address I would need to contact.
Hi all,

For anyone who has the same question and comes across this thread, we’d like to clarify the best way forward if you are interested in transferring to a UAL course. Please do follow these methods and not those outlined above.

Applications for entry to year 2 are considered on a case by case basis, if places are available on the course. For students interested in transferring to UAL from another university, here’s what to do:

· Make an application through UCAS there will be an opportunity to select year 2 entry (this might be called ‘POE 2’, i.e. Point of Entry Year 2).
· Tell us the exact name of the award you are studying towards; the institution at which you are studying; and the units/modules you have taken. Also tell us about your previous studies. (Please include this information even if you’ve already spoken to a course leader/tutor about it.)

Once you’ve done this, our Admissions team will contact your current university to request a transcript and your course handbook. These documents will be considered alongside your application to check that you are suited to year 2 entry onto the course.

If we need you to send us a portfolio, we’ll let you know what to do.

You can read more about our Transfer Policy (including the criteria you must meet) on our website: https://www.arts.ac.uk/about-ual/public-information/Office-for-students-info
hello, im currently a student of national college of arts Pakistan, i want to get a transfer to ual. My grades are doing average for now but i'm not sure about the process. i'm in 4th year since architecture in pakistan is of 5 years including foundtion in arts. i want to get a transfer to 3rd year but before applying i want to the process

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending