The Student Room Group

International Baccalaureate Results Day 6th July 2018 Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

I actually feel physically sick knowing that I get my results tomorrow. Hoping that I will just wake up and the whole of IB will just be like one big nightmare (:
good luck peeps
Reply 41
Original post by EleaGR
Hey, can't you just relax for a while and go for vacation? You deserve it! You achieved A LOT! Enjoy yourself a little bit. You need to because there's a lot coming ahead of you as an undergraduate medical student. :wink:

I have this bad habit where I need to do something productive everyday or I feel bad (working on that mentality though)! I had 2 weeks of vacation already though, and I'm actually visiting Greece again this summer for almost two weeks :biggrin: Fell in love with that place.

I know med school's gonna be hard and I should probably save my energy but it's just so weird not having to learn new stuff everyday :lol: If it helps, I had some champagne to celebrate :wink:

Hope you're celebrating with your daughter! Amazing results ^_^
Reply 42
Original post by Ms2000
Well done! Congratulations!! Can you please share the upper and lower boundaries,if possible.

Hi there! There's quite a few boundaries posted on /r/IBO on reddit if you want to check it out! :smile: I sadly don't have all of them :frown:
Reply 43
Original post by Amelia EH
I actually feel physically sick knowing that I get my results tomorrow. Hoping that I will just wake up and the whole of IB will just be like one big nightmare (:
good luck peeps

It was me yesterday but it all ended up just fine! Don't worry is all I can say :smile:
Reply 44
Original post by MagicalMedic
Hi there! There's quite a few boundaries posted on /r/IBO on reddit if you want to check it out! :smile: I sadly don't have all of them :frown:

Got it. Thanks😊
I've just finished my first first year (restarting the course due to health reasons) however all things considered I didn't do too badly in my mocks. I got a 3 in both Biology HL and Chemistry HL, a 4 in Spanish HL, 5 in English SL, 5 in Global Politics SL and 6 in Maths Studies SL. Hopefully when I do the second year exams in 2 years I will be getting 6's and 7's across the board
Will we be able to see the breakdown for recorrecting?
Will we able to see the breakdown of our subjects?
Original post by SunnySpanishinUK
Will we able to see the breakdown of our subjects?

If I remember correctly, you would not be able to see what you get on each paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It does feel a bit weird now as there's this large space between results and uni and idk what to do with myself :lol: Time to get crackin' on some extra jobs and lean a language more in-depth...

Any tips on how to stay occupied with things other than studying or watching shows? All I've been doing so far is that:lol:

Honestly, I would relax before medical school :tongue: If you are really looking to do stuff, maybe learn photo and video editing software in connection to photography or find a part time job: tutoring or babysitting etc... Or watch football for two weeks :wink: :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
After two years of aceing tests and doing past papers all of which were well above the lower grade boundary for a 7, I somehow managed to get a 5 in Chem Hl. I have no idea how it happened. May have cost me my place at imperial.
Original post by Arnaas12
After two years of aceing tests and doing past papers all of which were well above the lower grade boundary for a 7, I somehow managed to get a 5 in Chem Hl. I have no idea how it happened. May have cost me my place at imperial.

If Imperial hasn't updated their decision on track yet and all your other scores are stellar, there is a chance they might accept you anyways. You can also ask your teacher about specific paper marks and whether or not you can send your papers in for a remark. (I also got a 5 in Chemistry instead of what I needed last year so I empathise)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Evil Homer
Hey guys :hi:

Why was I tagged in this please? I'm not doing the IB and did A levels 7 years ago...
Original post by wolfmoon88
Well I got a 5 in Chem, was expecting a 6.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey that's exactly what happened to me today! But tbh, I was sort of expecting a 5 because I knew I messed up bad. I didn't get into my firm choice, unfortunately, because of that, but I managed a 40!
Original post by asd.987
Hey that's exactly what happened to me today! But tbh, I was sort of expecting a 5 because I knew I messed up bad. I didn't get into my firm choice, unfortunately, because of that, but I managed a 40!

Congratulations on the 40 :smile: Do you have an insurance choice you are happy with? Commiserations on missing your firm though :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 55
Honestly, I would relax before medical school :tongue: If you are really looking to do stuff, maybe learn photo and video editing software in connection to photography or find a part time job: tutoring or babysitting etc... Or watch football for two weeks :wink: :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Might try that haha. Been on the phone half of the day sorting a few things out because I really want to visit Leicester again in the near future :biggrin:
You're going to St Andrews right? :smile:

Original post by asd.987

Sorry to hear about your firm. :frown: I hope you meet your insurance, or are happy with the choice you have now. Chemistry this year was awful, especially paper 2!
Might try that haha. Been on the phone half of the day sorting a few things out because I really want to visit Leicester again in the near future :biggrin:
You're going to St Andrews right? :smile:

Try which of the options I suggested :lol:

Ooo definitely visit Leicester again, especially as you would be there for the next 5/6 years :tongue:

Yep I'll be in Scotland in September :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
Try which of the options I suggested :lol:

Ooo definitely visit Leicester again, especially as you would be there for the next 5/6 years :tongue:

Yep I'll be in Scotland in September :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll get more into photography! I abandoned most of it during the IB to focus on my studies, but I guess now there's no more excuses :colondollar:

5 years at least, yup! crazy to imagine living in one place for so long to be completely honest - never done that before...

Yay! Excited, I'm guessing :biggrin:
I'll get more into photography! I abandoned most of it during the IB to focus on my studies, but I guess now there's no more excuses :colondollar:

5 years at least, yup! crazy to imagine living in one place for so long to be completely honest - never done that before...

Yay! Excited, I'm guessing :biggrin:

Definitely no more excuses :biggrin: Start taking candid photos :lol:

Yeah that's a really long time... so much will change by then :moon:

Very excited :woo: waiting on accom decisions and such :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got my results!
42 total with 7,7,7 in maths, physics, chem HL.
A in math EE and B in TOK.
6,6,6 in english lang and lit sl, econ sl, and german ab initio.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending