The Student Room Group
Liverpool Hope University
Liverpool
Visit website

Is Liverpool Hope a good uni?

Looks like beautiful campus wise and I’m very impressed by the amount of subject mixtures on offer but I hear mixed reviews!! Also interested to hear about teacher quality from a student viewpoint and general student life experience?

Cheers :smile:)x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by l_ecn
Looks like beautiful campus wise and I’m very impressed by the amount of subject mixtures on offer but I hear mixed reviews!! Also interested to hear about teacher quality from a student viewpoint and general student life experience?

Do you know why it's called Liverpool Hope?

It's because at the end of your 3 years you can only HOPE you will get a job of any sort.
Liverpool
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by e^iπ

It's because at the end of your 3 years you can only HOPE you will get a job of any sort.

hahaaaa best comment 100%
It's in Liverpool. I don't know anything about the uni but if the staff come from the area (Liverpool), then good luck with understanding them. Also, don't take anything valuable with you if you go.
Reply 4
Original post by l_ecn
hahaaaa best comment 100%

Yeah but on a serious note, when looking for universities, don't be drawn in by superficial things like campus architecture.

Research things like job prospects and the university careers service.
Reply 5
Original post by e^iπ
Yeah but on a serious note, when looking for universities, don't be drawn in by superficial things like campus architecture.

Research things like job prospects and the university careers service.

That’s a really good point actually thank you!
Reply 7
Second only to Oxbridge.
Reply 8
Original post by Baza2002
It's in Liverpool. I don't know anything about the uni but if the staff come from the area (Liverpool), then good luck with understanding them. Also, don't take anything valuable with you if you go.

Some of the staff come from the area but other staff who teach on my course come from the Midlands, Sheffield, Germany and Bosnia.

As for the don't take anything valuable with you, that is such a clichéd way to think of Liverpool. I've lived here for 8 years and never had anything stolen, in fact Liverpool is a lovely city to live in
Reply 9
I've just completed my first year as a mature student and I absolutely love the university.

As its a smaller university then most then there really is a personal touch to everything that happens.

The teaching is exemplary, for my subjects anyway.

Can't comment on the accommodation as I live in my own house but others on my course have said that it is good.

If Hope feels right then I would say go for it

Original post by l_ecn

Reply 10
Original post by Baza2002

Spoken like a true virginal Wool.
Original post by e^iπ

Hi @e^iπ,

I'm not sure where you have heard this from, however you may be interested to see our latest statistics on graduate employment.

Also there is a reason why we are called Liverpool Hope which differs to your suggestion. As the first Ecumenical institution, we are named after the street which connects the two cathedrals in Liverpool together (Hope Street).

I hope this helps
Ruth
Reply 12
Original post by Liverpool Hope Graduate Ambassador
Hi @e^iπ,

I'm not sure where you have heard this from, however you may be interested to see our latest statistics on graduate employment.

Also there is a reason why we are called Liverpool Hope which differs to your suggestion. As the first Ecumenical institution, we are named after the street which connects the two cathedrals in Liverpool together (Hope Street).

I hope this helps
Ruth

This statistics is quite misleading actually.

Would you care to provide a statistic which shows what percentage of students are in employment that could not have been achieved without a university degree? could you also show the split between those who went into work and those who went to do further study?
Original post by l_ecn

Hi @l_ecn :h:,

It's great to hear that you are interested in Liverpool Hope. Have you managed to come and have a look at the campus on either an Open Day or for a Campus Tour yet?

As a recent Graduate I'd be more than happy to share with you my experiences if you had any specific questions?

Ruth
Reply 14
Original post by Liverpool Hope Graduate Ambassador
Hi @l_ecn :h:,

It's great to hear that you are interested in Liverpool Hope. Have you managed to come and have a look at the campus on either an Open Day or for a Campus Tour yet?

As a recent Graduate I'd be more than happy to share with you my experiences if you had any specific questions?

Ruth

I see you still haven't found the statistics I asked for. Stop misleading students. Anyway why are you so keen on attracting students to your uni, if it was as good as you claim, there would be no need to do so?
Original post by e^iπ
This statistics is quite misleading actually.

Would you care to provide a statistic which shows what percentage of students are in employment that could not have been achieved without a university degree? could you also show the split between those who went into work and those who went to do further study?

I can confirm that the statistic for graduates in graduate level jobs is 83.8%. This is still high and places us 2nd in the UK and 1st in England for employment and further study.

I gained my degree at Hope and I am currently in graduate employment and studying a masters too. I hope that the statistics and my personal experience demonstrates a little more reality compared to hearsay.

Ruth
Reply 16
Original post by e^iπ
I see you still haven't found the statistics I asked for. Stop misleading students. Anyway why are you so keen on attracting students to your uni, if it was as good as you claim, there would be no need to do so?

On one today, you, lad. :laugh:
Reply 17
Original post by gjd800
On one today, you, lad. :laugh:

Just spreading the truth, nothing more
Reply 18
Original post by e^iπ
Just spreading the truth, nothing more

Your posts over the past few days have made me laugh - keep it up!
Reply 19
Original post by Volibear
Ngl I'm finding your rampage rather amusing too :teehee:

Then rep me broo

Quick Reply

Latest