The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yeah I can preach that i get the same it knocks you and makes you question doesn’t it 😕
Reply 2
Original post by Simone250900
Yeah I can preach that i get the same it knocks you and makes you question doesn’t it 😕

Yeah it does, it really is horrible. Like yeah, i know I'm not gorgeous or anything but i can't understand if I'm average or ugly... also thank you for replying so fast
People don’t need to be like that I am slowly trying to just ignore it and learn to love myself for me but it’s so hard 🙄
honestly it doesnt matter like lets say you're ugly... why does that matter? what difference does it make whether ur ugly or not? im ugly but sometimes you just gotta accept it and find other things you're good at instead.
Reply 5
Original post by Simone250900
People don’t need to be like that I am slowly trying to just ignore it and learn to love myself for me but it’s so hard 🙄

Yeah exactly! Like yesterday i was feeling a tiiny bit confident and today this person came and ruined everything. I'm just waiting for my overbite to be fixed with my braces so i might look a bit better ( which i don't think so)
Who says an overbite is a bad thing?! Everyone has expectations learn to love you for you ! Dm if ya want to chat ever !! You seem calm 👍👍
Reply 7
Original post by imdying123
honestly it doesnt matter like lets say you're ugly... why does that matter? what difference does it make whether ur ugly or not? im ugly but sometimes you just gotta accept it and find other things you're good at instead.

I know that looks aren't everything, but in the society we live in, being ugly is hard and you can't easily accept it. Like i go on Instagram and i see so many pretty girls, that it's hard not to compare and feel ugly. This of course isn't for every ugly person, it's just how i feel.
lol trust me i'm sure your beautiful. i always thought im average looking-not ugly
one time my friend posted a pic of me and it was an awkward pose and my eyes looked really weird and my friens bf COMMENTED i have alien eyes and it knocked my confidence down for agggesssssss tbh but other times people are like to me you look pretty and you are pretty and ''ohh you looking good.....''
the negatuve feedback is just people trying to look for something to pick on.
people have different definition of beautiful/pretty. just like we all have our different taste on guys.
you will be fine don't worry x
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
lol trust me i'm sure your beautiful. i always thought im average looking-not ugly
one time my friend posted a pic of me and it was an awkward pose and my eyes looked really weird and my friens bf COMMENTED i have alien eyes and it knocked my confidence down for agggesssssss tbh but other times people are like to me you look pretty and you are pretty and ''ohh you looking good.....''
the negatuve feedback is just people trying to look for something to pick on.
people have different definition of beautiful/pretty. just like we all have our different taste on guys.
you will be fine don't worry x

Aww that was really sweet and made me feel a little better! And you're actually right. Thank you so much!
Original post by Iliana514
I know that looks aren't everything, but in the society we live in, being ugly is hard and you can't easily accept it. Like i go on Instagram and i see so many pretty girls, that it's hard not to compare and feel ugly. This of course isn't for every ugly person, it's just how i feel.

yeah i understand because it took me a while to accept it and ik people say you can be beautiful inside and honestly you really can but i get that it's different to being a pretty instagram girl but honestly half of those girls are self-absorbed anyway and personality>looks. sometimes you just have to take a step back and do the best thing for yourself even if that means taking a step back from instagram influences etc etc
Yeah exactly! Like yesterday i was feeling a tiiny bit confident and today this person came and ruined everything. I'm just waiting for my overbite to be fixed with my braces so i might look a bit better ( which i don't think so)

U seem so nice. U probably look good. Remember people calling u ugly have insecurities themselves
Reply 12
Original post by Boss987
U seem so nice. U probably look good. Remember people calling u ugly have insecurities themselves

Aww thanks! I think I'm a pretty nice person on the inside, i don't make fun of other people and i only judge someone when they judge me. I'm really confused for my appearance though. I usually like what i see in the mirror but all these comments are getting to me. Some of the people that have called me ugly are relatives so i don't think they said it because of insecurities they have.
Someone called me fugly today, and a lot of people have called me ugly before. I don't know if i actually am but all these people are making me feel that way...

When someone is nasty to you, they are usually unhappy with themselves. It may not actually be to do with you. What i mean is that someone maybe feels inferior or ugly themselves, and therefore by calling you ugly they can feel less ugly, or just better than you in some way? Also, remember that beauty is subjective. Beauty has many forms. Just because you are not what one person calls 'super attractive' doesn't mean you aren't attractive to someone else. Everyone finds different qualities and traits attractive. Finally, you are most likely not ugly so don't worry about it.
Aww thanks! I think I'm a pretty nice person on the inside, i don't make fun of other people and i only judge someone when they judge me. I'm really confused for my appearance though. I usually like what i see in the mirror but all these comments are getting to me. Some of the people that have called me ugly are relatives so i don't think they said it because of insecurities they have.

U like what u see in the mirror? That means u are probably good looking. If you want a strangers opinion, u can post pic on rateme on reddit. Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/Rateme/
(edited 5 years ago)
Someone called me fugly today, and a lot of people have called me ugly before. I don't know if i actually am but all these people are making me feel that way...

Do you think you are ugly though?

I get people that call me handsome. And then I get some people that make nasty comments on my appearance.

But none of that matters. Because when I look in the mirror I am content with my looks.
I've had this too. Braces can make a big difference , as can good skin, diet, teeth and over all. Don't take it to heart, i can't imagine what kind of monster someone has to be to say that to another person.
Reply 17
Original post by Anonymous
I've had this too. Braces can make a big difference , as can good skin, diet, teeth and over all. Don't take it to heart, i can't imagine what kind of monster someone has to be to say that to another person.

Yeah you're right! I'm really skinny so i am really trying to gain weight. I am working on improving my appearance. Yeah after the person left my house i texted him and just aksed him why he said that and stuff, and he denied that he said I'm ugly, which makes me even more mad...
Reply 18
Original post by The Man Of God
Do you think you are ugly though?

I get people that call me handsome. And then I get some people that make nasty comments on my appearance.

But none of that matters. Because when I look in the mirror I am content with my looks.

I'm really confused. One day i think I'm fine and the other day i think I'm kinda ugly. Most of the time, i like what i see in the mirror, but then i go back a few days or weeks ago when i took a couple of pics of myself and think i look ugly in them. I'm just soo confused, i can't...
they're probably are ugly and are very jealous of ur looks

Latest

Trending

Trending