The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

University of Hertfordshire Clearing 2018

Hi!

Clearing officially opens this week - Thursday 5 July, and we're here to help out with any questions you may have or advice you might need.

You can find out all about Clearing on our website: https://www.herts.ac.uk/clearing

You can also sign up for Clearing alerts to make sure you don't miss any info.

This year we've enlisted three Clearing Heroes who have been through the process and are here to share their tips and advice.

Meet the Heroes...

Alex - Applied to uni straight through Clearing rather than earlier in the year. She is studying Mass Communications.

Abigail - Changed her mind last minute and went through Clearing to swap her course and uni. She's now studying Marketing.

Kaycie - Didn't meet the grades for his first choice uni and went through Clearing to. He's now studying Business and Economics.

Feel free to ask any questions and we'll be happy to help!

Scroll to see replies

Hi,

My names Kaycie and I am one of this year’s clearing hero. I am a second-year student studying business economics at the University of Herefordshire. I went through clearing two years ago because I didn’t get into my first-choice university. I have therefore experienced clearing already and would love to answer any questions that you may have.
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Original post by Herts Clearing Hero
Hi,

My names Kaycie and I am one of this year’s clearing hero. I am a second-year student studying business economics at the University of Herefordshire. I went through clearing two years ago because I didn’t get into my first-choice university. I have therefore experienced clearing already and would love to answer any questions that you may have.

What were your grades? Ps I've been accepted into Hertfordshire through Ucas :smile:
Hi All,

I'm Abi I'm one of the University's clearing herts for 2018! I applied through clearing 4 years ago after changing my choice of both university and course I wanted to study (from Fine Art in London, to Marketing at Hertfordshire, eek!). The clearing process may seem daunting but it really is very easy. I will be here to answer any questions about clearing you may have!

Abi
Original post by University of Hertfordshire
Hi All,

I'm Abi I'm one of the University's clearing herts for 2018! I applied through clearing 4 years ago after changing my choice of both university and course I wanted to study (from Fine Art in London, to Marketing at Hertfordshire, eek!). The clearing process may seem daunting but it really is very easy. I will be here to answer any questions about clearing you may have!

Abi

What were your grades?
Original post by MohsinHassan
What were your grades?

My grades were BBB, I applied through clearing because I changed my mind not didn't get the grades! Grades they accept vary per course but Herts will be quite lenient. If you have passion for your subject you have a good shot!

Abi
My grades were BBB, I applied through clearing because I changed my mind not didn't get the grades! Grades they accept vary per course but Herts will be quite lenient. If you have passion for your subject you have a good shot!

Abi

I've been accepted tho. I was just making sure how much unis are lenient during clearing period. Coz have some other options which i might apply through clearing :smile:
What were your grades? Ps I've been accepted into Hertfordshire through Ucas :smile:

Hi Moshin,
Congratulation on being accepted and good luck with your results.
I achieved B, C, C in IT, Business and Economics.

Kaycie
Hi Moshin,
Congratulation on being accepted and good luck with your results.
I achieved B, C, C in IT, Business and Economics.

Kaycie

Congratulations to you too :smile: What was your subject combination :smile:
Congratulations to you too :smile: What was your subject combination :smile:

I studied A-levels in Economics, Bussiness and IT. I also did finance AS.

Kaycie
I studied A-levels in Economics, Bussiness and IT. I also did finance AS.

Kaycie

Hahahaha wow mine were same :redface: and my course is also business and economics tho i am thinking of changing it to business and management.
Reply 11
Hi,I've applied straight through clearing this year after finishing my A-Levels in 2015. I was wondering how I can prove the results I achieved. I have all of my results sheets from my sixth from, and I currently hold a conditional offer. I'm unsure if I need to send in my results sheets or if the admissions team will verify them?Thanks.
You need to mail them your results. Scan copy
Reply 13
Thank you 😊
Which course are you applying for?
Reply 15
English Literature, Just hoping it’ll get accepted now, have you decided between business and economics or business and management yet?
I've decided but my acceptance is for business economics so I'll have to mail uni for shifting my course. Lets see 😅
Reply 17
I hope t goes well for you 😊
Hi! My name is Alex and I am a clearing Hero at the University of Hertfordshire! I study Creative Writing and Media which is a pathway of Mass Communications in the School of Humanities. I have just finished my second year so I am excited to begin my third and final year! I applied to the University through clearing because I didn’t know what I wanted to study until a few weeks before results day. I was really nervous beforehand because I wasn’t entirely sure how the process worked but it turned out to be extremely easy and less stressful than I thought it would be! I hope I can be some help to any of you who are applying through clearing!
Heya, I have a few general questions if that’s ok? Basically ive applied through ucas and Having received all my offers I’ve set the 2 options. However I’m a bit worried that I won’t meet the grades. I’m sure it’s an easy enough process but my school hasn’t really told us anything about how clearing works. From what I’ve found online you have to find out which Unis have vacancies, contact them and then apply for them In the Ucas track? Is this right? Also is there anywhere to find and compare the vacancies? Or get the contact info for the Unis? It’s starting to stress me out a bit because I will also be away on Holiday over results and any info would be fab. Thanks In advance, Sean.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending