The Student Room Group

National Crime Agency Trainee Intelligence/Investigator

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Babs1983
Same here shakers33. What area are you applying for? Im scotland but it doesnt have a specific location so wondering where the hell i could end up potentially haha

I've applied for the North West. Scotland is a big place, that's a bit of a logistical nightmare that you could end up anywhere!
Hope everyone waiting get the assessment centre dates this week!

Good luck all 😊
I've applied for the trainee role. What sort of things did you get asked in your interview?
2 further weeks until we get an interview date 😊
Reply 44
Going off the usual Civil Service format, it will likely be an assessment of the same competencies as what you had to write for the initial application, but asked a certain way e.g. for ‘Leading and Communicating’ they might say something like ‘tell me about a time when you had to convince others about a decision you made’. The trick is to work out what competency they are asking you to demonstrate, learn and remember to incorporate the positive indicators for that competency when answering.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by shell_xx_shell
2 further weeks until we get an interview date 😊

Interview or assessment centre?
Original post by Shakers33
Interview or assessment centre?

Both - they happen at the same time 😂
Original post by shell_xx_shell
Both - they happen at the same time 😂

Haha ok, thought as much. Is the assessment centre role plays etc? Like a police assessment centre?
Original post by Shakers33
Haha ok, thought as much. Is the assessment centre role plays etc? Like a police assessment centre?

I have no idea - I’m waiting as well. Some assessment centres are different. My last one was a written task, a group task and a 1-2-1 interview.
But there is literally no information anywhere about NCA which is possible due to the nature of the work / job / organisation - good luck
Well they're certainly taking their time.. anyone heard anything?
Original post by CJM13
Well they're certainly taking their time.. anyone heard anything?

Nothing as yet
Anyone heard about interviews for the trainee post? Not heard a peep since the last email almost 2 weeks ago saying there was a delay and they would get back to us in 2 weeks. Thought it might have been today. Probs monday now.
Still haven't heard anything, they're taking their time with this!
Indeed they are. Its quite frustrating. Hope we get good notice to organise time off for interview. I work shifts so can be a nightmare
Reply 54
Have the people who have mentioned waiting for interviews been to the assessment centre? I attended back in June but haven’t heard anything since then?
I'm still waiting for a date for the assessment centre!
Still waiting on a date for assessment centre too
Which role have you applied for? I had an assessment day for the Trainee Investigator/Intelligence officer role in June, still waiting to hear back!
(edited 5 years ago)
Trainee post as well. How was the assessment centre?
Original post by Babs1983
Trainee post as well. How was the assessment centre?

Went well, everyone was nice and welcoming. So you haven’t attended the assessment day for the trainee position yet? Also where would you be based?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending