The Student Room Group

Asylum Decision Maker (Home Office)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Heylucky223
I applied in this years national campaign- March I believe it was. I think they’re getting back to everyone now.. and if you are on the reserve list , you will probably be considered next. I guess it’s their system and the way everyone gets shortlisted in priority. Good luck with it!

Might I ask what area / location you were offered a role for?
(edited 5 years ago)
How long are you on a reserve list for?
How long are you on a reserve list for, does it say?
Original post by RainbowRoad1
How long are you on a reserve list for?

12 months from date of email telling you you’re on the reserve list.
Thank you. I missed applying for these jobs. I'm just wondered how long the reserve list lasts for because I am hoping they might advertise again when the Reserve List finishes :frown:
Original post by RainbowRoad1
Thank you. I missed applying for these jobs. I'm just wondered how long the reserve list lasts for because I am hoping they might advertise again when the Reserve List finishes :frown:

It’s quite possible that they will. The length of the reserve list is totally at their discretion but I’ve never known it to be less than 12 months.
Reply 67
Apply for that it's sham marriage investigater home office
Original post by bsp
Apply for that it's sham marriage investigater home office

It won't let me open the job ad, it says it's open to current civil servants only :frown:
Reply 69
Sorry, you can only view if you currently work in the civil service
I'll just have to wait until similar jobs are advertised externally. Hopefully they will do at some point.
Original post by baladar
Might I ask what area / location you were offered a role for?

I applied for the Solihull role in my application. Technically they haven’t stated where the job will be based as I am still undergoing the clearing checks. So it could take some time before it’s officially offered to me.
Reply 73
I applied for the Solihull role in my application. Technically they haven’t stated where the job will be based as I am still undergoing the clearing checks. So it could take some time before it’s officially offered to me.

I see. That's where I applied for too. But did you have any other location options after Solihull? I didn't and am basically thinking this was a bit of a crapshoot now since they must have filled all the people they need now.

That aside, has anyone else e-mailed Asylumoperations.BAUrecruitment(at)homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk for further information in regards to their application? I e-mailed ages ago and have yet to even get an acknowledgement of receipt of my e-mail.
Original post by baladar
I see. That's where I applied for too. But did you have any other location options after Solihull? I didn't and am basically thinking this was a bit of a crapshoot now since they must have filled all the people they need now.

That aside, has anyone else e-mailed Asylumoperations.BAUrecruitment(at)homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk for further information in regards to their application? I e-mailed ages ago and have yet to even get an acknowledgement of receipt of my e-mail.

I only stated Solihull on my application and recently eneuired on their feedback tab at the top of the login page and got an email the following day ( which requested the same security clearance documents as before) so I’m not too sore if enquiring made any difference but I would give that a go. I think this process will take a while and selections will still continue to happen. I think you should send an enquiry through for an update and hopefully that will help.
Reply 75
Anyone else received an email today from Home Office recruitment asking to confirm whether still interested in the post?
Reply 76
I only stated Solihull on my application and recently eneuired on their feedback tab at the top of the login page and got an email the following day ( which requested the same security clearance documents as before) so I’m not too sore if enquiring made any difference but I would give that a go. I think this process will take a while and selections will still continue to happen. I think you should send an enquiry through for an update and hopefully that will help.

Thanks for the reply, I'll give it a go.

Original post by ksq
Anyone else received an email today from Home Office recruitment asking to confirm whether still interested in the post?

Nothing for me. I'm assuming you've been offered a role, or are you on the reserve list?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by ksq

No but it’s a sign they’re looking to use the reserve list
Reply 78
Original post by baladar
Thanks for the reply, I'll give it a go.

Nothing for me. I'm assuming you've been offered a role, or are you on the reserve list?

On the reserve list as of 25th June, interviewed in Leeds.
Reply 79
Original post by Loveslife
No but it’s a sign they’re looking to use the reserve list

Precisely, let's hope for the best. I take it you're also on reserve?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending