The Student Room Group

Am i in the wrong?

Long story short: I currently lived in mixed uni accommodation (3 girls and 2 boys including me (boy) ), we get along really well.

Yesterday the four of them were having a party at the falt with their friends, but i had to test today in the morning so i decided to study ( what a nerd lol) and sleep early cause my grades have been down lately. Backstory: our flats are brand new and were built in a rush, so the doors don't lock properly.

So at 2 in the night, one of their friends a girl (drunk) came came into my bed and got in my bed with me, first i though it was just my friends being c*nts, but it was girl that friends with my friends who i briefly met during a party and kissed for a little while. Then she started kissing me and i pushed her away, but she kept kissing me. Normally i would jumped at the chance to sleep with girl but for three reasons i didn't:

1) i had test in the morning and i was really tired
2) i was talking to this other girl that i liked and i thought it was leading somewhere
3) she was drunk

For like 10 minutes i pushed her away and said i can't have s*x and asked her to leave because i have test in the morning but she continued to ignore me. Finally, she said if we just have s*x, she will leave me alone, so i regrettingly did. As promised she left afterward.

Fast forward to the morning, i feel like sh*t, may have completely f*cked my test, f*cked my chances with the girl i was talking to. So i was telling my friend this because i was so stressed out and talking makes me calm down. And my friend said i am absolute c*nt for sleeping with a drunk girl and i could get in trouble for rape.

My life has been going in downwards spiral since a uni, and i am scared i might get done for rape.
Reply 1
sorry for any grammatical error or spelling mistakes, i feel so sh*t and my head hurts so bad
Reply 2
you slept with a drunk girl who couldn't consent, that's rape mate. No ifs or buts that rape
How is this is any way rape? She essentially bribed you into having sex with her by saying she'd leave you alone if you had sex with her. She's at fault here not you, she's the one who can't take "no" for an answer.
Reply 4
Original post by bones-mccoy
How is this is any way rape? She essentially bribed you into having sex with her by saying she'd leave you alone if you had sex with her. She's at fault here not you, she's the one who can't take "no" for an answer.

she was drunk thus she was unable to consent to have sex
Reply 5
if she goes to the police you u are fu*ked and rightly deserved in my opinion
Reply 6
i am getting mixed reactions, so am i going in trouble
Reply 7
She was in the wrong here.

We don't know how drunk she was so we can't say she was too drunk to consent.

Regardless this won't be a criminal issue as she would need to report it and won't have a reason to.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Bio 7

Regardless this won't be a criminal issue as she would need to report it and won't have a reason to.

he is totally in the wrong, how can you justify sleeping with a drunk girl who can consent
Reply 9
Original post by Bio 7

he is totally in the worng here, how can you justify him sleeping with a drunk girl who can't we consent
Original post by ron7
she was drunk thus she was unable to consent to have sex

That's a bit of a blanket statement. Some people do get to the point where they're too intoxicated to consent but not everyone does. We don't know how drunk this girl was so we can't say she couldn't consent.
Reply 11
You were sober and had plenty of options other than having sex with a girl you have stated was drunk.

You'll have to wait and see if it's reported and goes any further, but from the sound of it the least you'll have is to deal with being stigmatised by one of your friends.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending