The Student Room Group

Blood test

I’ve got a few questions regarding blood tests. I want to know if you can test for different types of deficiencies. I mean anemic but I would like to know my vitamin d,b12,c is there a way I can ask for this???

What do I ask for? Ian there even a blood testing I can do to check All my vitamins and minerals?
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve got a few questions regarding blood tests. I want to know if you can test for different types of deficiencies. I mean anemic but I would like to know my vitamin d,b12,c is there a way I can ask for this???

What do I ask for? Ian there even a blood testing I can do to check All my vitamins and minerals?

yes I think they will draw blood from your arm (behind your elbow) and if they make a report then they should let you know all the details that you want to know
Well they did a blood test for me mainly to check if I wa still anaemia but when I got the results they also pointedly out that I had a calcium deficiency. So maybe.
Yes, you can get blood tests that check for levels of vitamins, hormones, etc. as well as iron. When the GP (or whoever it is) orders the blood test, they tick the boxes for what they want to know the levels of, so tell them in advance what you want monitored.

Although it probably depends on your GP surgery. At mine, you don’t ask for one - they give you one only if they think you need it/if they think there’s a problem.
I think you can get a full blood test where they'll test for everything.

Quick Reply

Latest