The Student Room Group

About Italian qualification able to apply for University?

I have Italian qualification which Diploma Di Esame Di Stato can i use it to apply for university? Can i use these qualification to apply for university?

Mathematics 6/10 English 6/10 French 6/10 History and geography 6/10 Italian 6/10 Science 6/10 Music 6/10 Art and image 7/10 Physical education 7/10 Technology (A) 6/10

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Stev49nwaea
I have Italian qualification which Diploma Di Esame Di Stato can i use it to apply for university? Can i use these qualification to apply for university?

Mathematics 6/10 English 6/10 French 6/10 History and geography 6/10 Italian 6/10 Science 6/10 Music 6/10 Art and image 7/10 Physical education 7/10 Technology (A) 6/10

Yes, that qualification is generally accepted for university entry in the UK. However, you will have to check the grades required by each university.
Reply 2
Original post by ageshallnot
Yes, that qualification is generally accepted for university entry in the UK. However, you will have to check the grades required by each university.

So which university are available to accept my qualification
So which university are available to accept my qualification

All of them in theory. But some unis will want higher grades.
Reply 4
Universities mainly look at the grade you got with your Diploma, not at the single subject. Of course you need to have completed all your 5 years and passed the last exam. Exactly as it is in your country.

In addition, most universities require an English language certification, most likely TOEFL or IELTS.

Remember, you need a reference from a relevant teacher. For example, if you apply for Maths then the reference should come from your Maths teacher, and so on.
Hi! The grades on your final report card don't usually count, Universities will be interested in the final grade on your Diploma di Stato. All Universities accept the Diploma di Stato, however note that some universities only accept students coming from liceo and not vocational schools. They will require a certain minimum grade on the Diploma, this grade is very variable so you have to check with the specific universities you want to apply to.
Reply 6
Guys can u guys list some university which accept it. please?
Reply 7

Every single university around the world. It’s a bit long as list. Are you sure you want it?

As I said, every university accept your Diploma. They may ask you to complete some extra examinations, like language-related or admissions tests.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 8
Maybe you can find this website useful.

https://unistats.ac.uk
Reply 9

Which course are you considering? Entry requirements vary by university and by course.

All universities accept Italian qualifications, but some my ask for higher grades than you are predicted (or achieved?). You could start by looking at a ranking of universities for your subject and then checking each university's requirements to create a long list of potential universities to research further, and ideally visit.

e.g. https://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings
Or
https://www.theguardian.com/education/ng-interactive/2018/may/29/university-league-tables-2019?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Different rankings use different methodologies.

Are you applying to start university this year or next year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Doonesbury
Which course are you considering? Entry requirements vary by university and by course.

All universities accept Italian qualifications, but some my ask for higher grades than you are predicted (or achieved?). You could start by looking at a ranking of universities for your subject and then checking each university's requirements to create a long list of potential universities to research further, and ideally visit.

e.g. https://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings
Or
https://www.theguardian.com/education/ng-interactive/2018/may/29/university-league-tables-2019?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Different rankings use different methodologies.

Are you applying to start university this year or next year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

So can u tell how can i compare it
Reply 11
So can u tell how can i compare it

By visiting their websites and checking their entry requirements...

Which course are you interested in? What is you overall Diploma grade? Have you completed your Diploma or is this a prediction? Are you looking to start university this year (Sept 2018) or next year (Sept 2019)?

Some universities provide a table comparing Diploma grades to A-levels - e.g. University of Surrey
https://www.surrey.ac.uk/italy/entry-requirements
By visiting their websites and checking their entry requirements...

Which course are you interested in? What is you overall Diploma grade? Have you completed your Diploma or is this a prediction? Are you looking to start university this year (Sept 2018) or next year (Sept 2019)?

Some universities provide a table comparing Diploma grades to A-levels - e.g. University of Surrey
https://www.surrey.ac.uk/italy/entry-requirements

Here are my qualification can u help me with that please. i have inserted it on the document. I interested in Architect and i'm looking to start either this year or 2019. because at the moment i'm studying 3D DESIGN TRANSPORT AND ARCHITECTURE in Coventry city college. And the course is for 2yrs. I have already completed my 1yrs so i want to know whether a can start straight away, instead of completing 2yrs course in College.
Reply 13

Here are my qualification can u help me with that please. i have inserted it on the document. I interested in Architect and i'm looking to start either this year or 2019. because at the moment i'm studying 3D DESIGN TRANSPORT AND ARCHITECTURE in Coventry city college. And the course is for 2yrs. I have already completed my 1yrs so i want to know whether a can start straight away, instead of completing 2yrs course in College.

You can't upload a pdf like that - it doesn't work. You could take a screengrab instead, but make sure you hide any personal info.

So you are doing a BTEC at the moment? And you completed Diploma Di Esame Di Stato previously?

You will need to contact universities you are interested in direct and ask them about your circumstances. Here's a list of universities with Architecture courses
https://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=Architecture

Have you spoken to your college? They would be the best people to start with considering they will know how acceptable their qualification is for architecture at university.
You can't upload a pdf like that - it doesn't work. You could take a screengrab instead, but make sure you hide any personal info.

So you are doing a BTEC at the moment? And you completed Diploma Di Esame Di Stato previously?

You will need to contact universities you are interested in direct and ask them about your circumstances. Here's a list of universities with Architecture courses
https://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=Architecture

Have you spoken to your college? They would be the best people to start with considering they will know how acceptable their qualification is for architecture at university.

Should i apply it during the clearing
Reply 15
Should i apply it during the clearing

You can, yes. But contact the university first to check if your qualifications are suitable.
You can, yes. But contact the university first to check if your qualifications are suitable.

But some universities require grades like 8,9,9. but looking at my grade Mathematics 6/10 English 6/10 French 6/10 History and geography 6/10 Italian 6/10 Science 6/10 Music 6/10 Art and image 7/10 Physical education 7/10 Technology (A) 6/10 i dont know if u can double check.
For certain programmes we may require grades of 8,9 or 10/10 in individual subjects (or 13,14 or 15/15 for mathematics in the seconda prova scritta) and to verify this we will also need to see the 'pagella' score card for the final year of school.
Reply 17
But some universities require grades like 8,9,9. but looking at my grade Mathematics 6/10 English 6/10 French 6/10 History and geography 6/10 Italian 6/10 Science 6/10 Music 6/10 Art and image 7/10 Physical education 7/10 Technology (A) 6/10 i dont know if u can double check.
For certain programmes we may require grades of 8,9 or 10/10 in individual subjects (or 13,14 or 15/15 for mathematics in the seconda prova scritta) and to verify this we will also need to see the 'pagella' score card for the final year of school.

So you don't apply to the universities with high entry requirements...

You have to match your qualifications to what each university will accept. If your grades are too low then they simply won't accept your application. Look elsewhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile
But some universities require grades like 8,9,9. but looking at my grade Mathematics 6/10 English 6/10 French 6/10
I wanted to apply for Leicester university can apply there for the clearance?
Reply 19
My cousin did Maturità and her results were 8, universities didn’t even accept her because she needed some kind of extra course. She studied in a Liceo Scientifico as well

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending