The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

I failed 2 modules in uni!!!!

I'm in my first year of uni and I know that I've failed 2 of my modules. In total I took 6 modules which are each 20 credits and I need 100 credits to go to my 2nd year.

Well I have a strong feeling that I've failed 2 modules so I've only got 80 credits at the moment.

Would I be able to progress to my second year and just retake those 2 modules and if not is there any way that I can somehow make up for it so I can still progress to my 2nd year?
Original post by pianoriya97
I'm in my first year of uni and I know that I've failed 2 of my modules. In total I took 6 modules which are each 20 credits and I need 100 credits to go to my 2nd year.

Well I have a strong feeling that I've failed 2 modules so I've only got 80 credits at the moment.

Would I be able to progress to my second year and just retake those 2 modules and if not is there any way that I can somehow make up for it so I can still progress to my 2nd year?

I think it will depend on what the board of examiner says. They might make you retake the exam or coursework, reenrol in the module or allow you to proceed if you pass overall.
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
I just finished first year and my uni is allowing people who failed to retake their exams/coursework so you might wanna check with your uni.

The UH period for retakes just ended--did you retake and get your grades back already? What is the code that stands next to your results on your Student Record?
Reply 4
Original post by Michelle Bieger
The UH period for retakes just ended--did you retake and get your grades back already? What is the code that stands next to your results on your Student Record?

I go to the university of Westminster
Reply 5
Original post by Kvothe the Arcane
I think it will depend on what the board of examiner says. They might make you retake the exam or coursework, reenrol in the module or allow you to proceed if you pass overall.

I was scheduled for a resit but I was abroad for a funeral so I couldn't do it
Reply 6
Original post by TheDepressedOne
I just finished first year and my uni is allowing people who failed to retake their exams/coursework so you might wanna check with your uni.

I was scheduled for resits but I couldn't attend because I was abroad for a funerals so I'm pretty I've failed those 2 but I just want to know if I can still go to my second year and just retake those modules
Read the academic regulations for your uni. They will tell you what will happen.

Presumably you didn’t just not show up for your resits?
I was scheduled for resits but I couldn't attend because I was abroad for a funerals so I'm pretty I've failed those 2 but I just want to know if I can still go to my second year and just retake those modules

Did you make the uni aware you couldn’t make the resit? Missing a resit is risky though, you may have to resit the year maybe? Idk but whatever happens good luck :smile:
Good luck with your resits. Hopefully it will work out well. What do you study btw?

The reason they have replied is because you have put this thread in the university of hertfordshire forum.

You will have to take that up with the uni. Also, you should inform them of the reason for not attending. If you were attending a funeral that should be a legitimate reason. At my uni, we have to fill out a ‘mitigating circumstances’ form and send it back to our uni.

Heya, this is in the UH forum so it might be wisest to move it to the Westminster forum in order to get a more specific answer. Like the other posters have mentioned, a funeral is usually enough to count as a serious adverse circumstance (SAC)--however, you should have informed them in advance, or filled out the relevant paperwork ASAP. If you have done this, you might be able to take these exams again in the coming academic year with only the original resit cap. If not, I would advise your programme tutor ASAP and check when the deadline for turning in a SAC is--sometimes the deadline is a few weeks after the retakes. It all comes down to your individual Uni regulations, your subject exam boards, and your subject regulations.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending