The Student Room Group

Bringing fake designer goods into the UK?

Hi there,

I'm going to Hong Kong with my family and as a souvenir I wanted to get something designer, but obviously I'm a broke student 😂 so I can't afford that stuff. But I know that Hong Kong has a load of fake goods

But would I get into trouble with customs if I do bring anything over, or it getting confiscated?

I'm not planning on getting a suitcase worth of stuff, more like a small wallet and/or a belt or small purse.
Reply 1
Original post by itsamieemarie
Hi there,

I'm going to Hong Kong with my family and as a souvenir I wanted to get something designer, but obviously I'm a broke student 😂 so I can't afford that stuff. But I know that Hong Kong has a load of fake goods

But would I get into trouble with customs if I do bring anything over, or it getting confiscated?

I'm not planning on getting a suitcase worth of stuff, more like a small wallet and/or a belt or small purse.

Nope, it's not illegal.
Yes you risk getting in trouble with both British customs and Hong Kong customs on your way out.

If you young, they will likely profile you as they know this is something young people do.

If you get caught you could be prosecuted, face expensive lawyer fees and a criminal record

Quick Reply

Latest