The Student Room Group

What has been your biggest mistake during an exam?

Not a major one but I almost started to cry in the middle of the Geography Paper 1 GCSE exam due to starting to run out of time. I did manage to finish but some of my answers could have been better.
Original post by Goldfish4343
Not a major one but I almost started to cry in the middle of the Geography Paper 1 GCSE exam due to starting to run out of time. I did manage to finish but some of my answers could have been better.

I accidentally missed out 10% of a whole English language GCSE paper. Still got an A, but that kind of means I would have got an A* had I not made that mistake, so very annoying.
For my A2 History exam, I somehow managed to write my answers non-consectively through the book
I started writing on page 2, then flipped to page 1, and then carried on page 3 (I blame how I folded over the book)
Luckily I realised half way through, so I left little notes at the top and bottom of pages so the examiner could follow it

I don't think it hindered me though - I got a B, which is what I needed/wanted
Wasn’t my mistake but my schools, deleting my GCSE English Language Paper 1 before I had printed it off.

So it was cancelled and the grade is now going to be based off paper 2 (happened this year).

Umm...crying during GCSE Maths so much so I didn’t attempt questions I could have and now I’m certain I’ve missed a 6.
Reply 4
In my 2nd year university exams, there was a question where we had to estimate the mass of some protein. I converted the units a bit incorrectly and put down an answer greater than the mass of the entire universe!! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ran out of time for the biggest question so I only did 1 and a half paragraphs for it.
Reply 6
Got confused between simple interest and compound interest in Maths and lost 4 marks and another one was they asked to calculate the sum of all interior angles and I calculated the sum of only one and I lost another 4 marks, so 8 in total!
getting stressed out and overwhelmed whenever i saw questions which i didn't know how to do. and the fact that i probably got an 8-9 in chemistry which i'm not choosing for A level but probably barely a 5 in maths because i should have worked harder.
Accidentally took a huge dump on the paper and then forgot to wipe D:

Quick Reply

Latest