The Student Room Group

What is your favourite food from other countries?

Hey Everyone

What is your favourite food from other countries?

As I have family in Germany I do like German food like Schnitzels (Although they're actually Austrian), Currywurst, Bratwurst. And although it isnt, German, Germans do love Gulasch (or at least where my family live they do, and so do I!!

Cant ait until I go to Germany again, so I can get proper German food. Lidl is good but isnt as good as the Lidl's in Germany. Theres also a online German deli in the UK though :smile:

Love Italian food as well. I know we don't get anywhere near what the real food is like but Indian food is one of my favs!

So what foods from other countries do you guys and girls like?
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Sarma/Dolma from Turkey is a must try
Original post by G97D
Sarma/Dolma from Turkey is a must try

Isnt Sarma made with cabbage and Dolma like Vine leaves or something?
Rice pasties from Finland, with either ham or egg mayo on top.
Original post by DrawTheLine
Rice pasties from Finland, with either ham or egg mayo on top.

Just had a look! They look lush!
Reply 5
I love Indian curry and most things Chinese, like dumplings, egg-fried rice, those pancake things you put duck in. Been to Chinatown in London a couple times and loved it.
Original post by Sinnoh
I love Indian curry and most things Chinese, like dumplings, egg-fried rice, those pancake things you put duck in. Been to Chinatown in London a couple times and loved it.

Yeah, its I like it there! Although I use say I do prefer the Chinatown in Liverpool. :smile: :tongue:

All this has made me order some German stuff from the German deli :lol:

*checks plane tickets*
Original post by Jack22031994
Just had a look! They look lush!

They're amazing. My mum makes them every year at Christmas and they never last more than a few hours before we inhale them.
They're amazing. My mum makes them every year at Christmas and they never last more than a few hours before we inhale them.

Aww nice, are you from Finland? and 'inhale' :rofl:
Aww nice, are you from Finland? and 'inhale' :rofl:

I'm half-Finnish, my mum is from there. Beautiful country with great food.
I'm half-Finnish, my mum is from there. Beautiful country with great food.

Ah thats cool! Can you speak Finnish at all? Yeah - its defo, on my list of countries to visit!! Just wanna go Germany again as havent been in years!! :cry2:
Curries, kebabs, pizzas, Chinese takeaway food... basically just all the takeaways of foreign origin :lol:
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
Curries, kebabs, pizzas, Chinese takeaway food... basically just all the takeaways of foreign origin :lol:

love a good takeaway!!! Much prefer Indian or Chinese than fish and chips and whatever else WE have :lol:
Ah thats cool! Can you speak Finnish at all? Yeah - its defo, on my list of countries to visit!! Just wanna go Germany again as havent been in years!! :cry2:

A few words here and there. It's such a hard language that I have never been able to grasp it.
A few words here and there. It's such a hard language that I have never been able to grasp it.

Aww :hugs: Thats still cool though!
Biryani.
Although it bears no relation to what’s eaten in China, I love a Chinese takeaway.
After that, a really good minestrone doesn’t go amiss
halloumi
Indian food and PANEERRR pizza too
Reply 19
Isnt Sarma made with cabbage and Dolma like Vine leaves or something?

Dolma is made with peppers (mainly) and sarma is with vine leaves

Quick Reply

Latest