What a levels rely heavily on memory?

Watch
username4168110
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
by this i mean memorising the content and evaluation points? besides sociology and psychology

thanks x
username4168110
Rep:
?
bump
Pugglet
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think most a levels rely on memory
Rarest
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Biology
username4168110
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rarest)
Biology
it doesnt but thanks for the suggestion
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
History, although the other half is having a decent writing style so you can actually use the information you know to get marks.
Biology, apparently, requires a lot of memorising, more so than chemistry or physics.
username4168110
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pugglet)
I think most a levels rely on memory
yeah i know but not heavily for e.g chem and bio you need to remember stuff but most of it is application

soc and psychology have a load of content you have to memorise so i mean like these subjects x
Rarest
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by alevelshelpit)
it doesnt but thanks for the suggestion
Depends on the person, many people I know have just sailed though bio thanks to just memorising the content and mark scheme
username4168110
Rep:
?
Depends on the person, many people I know have just sailed though bio thanks to just memorising the content and mark scheme
its not the same as essay subjects but i guess some people would find it straight forward

thanks
username4168110
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sinnoh)
History, although the other half is having a decent writing style so you can actually use the information you know to get marks.
Biology, apparently, requires a lot of memorising, more so than chemistry or physics.
what about religious studies?
Pugglet
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
yeah i know but not heavily for e.g chem and bio you need to remember stuff but most of it is application

soc and psychology have a load of content you have to memorise so i mean like these subjects x
History
Politics
Geography
RS/ Philosophy
Dobby's Phoenix
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
History (as mentioned above), Law is extremely memory based, and obviously, any language will require a significant amount of memorised vocabulary.
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
what about religious studies?
I don't really know much about RS. Some people in my year were regretting taking it though.
username4168110
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pugglet)
History
Politics
Geography
RS/ Philosophy
do you know anything about rs a level?
Michiyo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
by this i mean memorising the content and evaluation points? besides sociology and psychology

thanks x
Every single humanities and social science subject. I would know, I did four of those :shakecane:
username4168110
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dobby's Phoenix)
History (as mentioned above), Law is extremely memory based, and obviously, any language will require a significant amount of memorised vocabulary.
i agree that history relies a lot on memory however i think it relies more on essay skills and its not as straight forward as ao1 and then a03 for eval

what about rs a level? x
username4168110
Rep:
?
(Original post by Michiyo)
Every single humanities and social science subject. I would know, I did four of those :shakecane:
which ones?
rs by any chance?
Michiyo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
which ones?
rs by any chance?
I did government and politics, psychology, sociology, and English literature. My knowledge of Religious Studies only extends to GCSE, sorry! :sad: Religious Studies relied on the things you mentioned in your first post, so I assume it is the same for A-level Religious Studies.
username4168110
Rep:
?
(Original post by Michiyo)
I did government and politics, psychology, sociology, and English literature. My knowledge of Religious Studies only extends to GCSE, sorry! :sad: Religious Studies relied on the things you mentioned in your first post, so I assume it is the same for A-level Religious Studies.
how did you find psychology? did you do aqa new spec?
thats okay thanks for the help x
bobby147
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Not for the new A levels, bio it’s mostly application.We barely got any describe questions.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (28)
17.18%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (52)
31.9%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (18)
11.04%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (16)
9.82%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (7)
4.29%
I think it's an unfair expectation (39)
23.93%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.84%

Watched Threads