The Student Room Group

What a levels rely heavily on memory?

by this i mean memorising the content and evaluation points? besides sociology and psychology

thanks x

Scroll to see replies

bump
Reply 2
I think most a levels rely on memory
Reply 3
Biology
Original post by Rarest
Biology

it doesnt but thanks for the suggestion
Reply 5
History, although the other half is having a decent writing style so you can actually use the information you know to get marks.
Biology, apparently, requires a lot of memorising, more so than chemistry or physics.
Original post by Pugglet
I think most a levels rely on memory

yeah i know but not heavily for e.g chem and bio you need to remember stuff but most of it is application

soc and psychology have a load of content you have to memorise so i mean like these subjects x
Reply 7
Original post by alevelshelpit
it doesnt but thanks for the suggestion

Depends on the person, many people I know have just sailed though bio thanks to just memorising the content and mark scheme
Original post by Rarest
Depends on the person, many people I know have just sailed though bio thanks to just memorising the content and mark scheme

its not the same as essay subjects but i guess some people would find it straight forward

thanks
Original post by Sinnoh
History, although the other half is having a decent writing style so you can actually use the information you know to get marks.
Biology, apparently, requires a lot of memorising, more so than chemistry or physics.

what about religious studies?
yeah i know but not heavily for e.g chem and bio you need to remember stuff but most of it is application

soc and psychology have a load of content you have to memorise so i mean like these subjects x

History
Politics
Geography
RS/ Philosophy
History (as mentioned above), Law is extremely memory based, and obviously, any language will require a significant amount of memorised vocabulary.
Reply 12
what about religious studies?

I don't really know much about RS. Some people in my year were regretting taking it though.
Original post by Pugglet
History
Politics
Geography
RS/ Philosophy

do you know anything about rs a level?
by this i mean memorising the content and evaluation points? besides sociology and psychology

thanks x

Every single humanities and social science subject. :h: I would know, I did four of those :shakecane:
Original post by Dobby's Phoenix
History (as mentioned above), Law is extremely memory based, and obviously, any language will require a significant amount of memorised vocabulary.

i agree that history relies a lot on memory however i think it relies more on essay skills and its not as straight forward as ao1 and then a03 for eval

what about rs a level? x
Original post by Michiyo
Every single humanities and social science subject. :h: I would know, I did four of those :shakecane:

which ones?
rs by any chance?
which ones?
rs by any chance?

I did government and politics, psychology, sociology, and English literature. My knowledge of Religious Studies only extends to GCSE, sorry! :sad: Religious Studies relied on the things you mentioned in your first post, so I assume it is the same for A-level Religious Studies.
Original post by Michiyo
I did government and politics, psychology, sociology, and English literature. My knowledge of Religious Studies only extends to GCSE, sorry! :sad: Religious Studies relied on the things you mentioned in your first post, so I assume it is the same for A-level Religious Studies.

how did you find psychology? did you do aqa new spec?
thats okay thanks for the help x
Original post by Rarest

Not for the new A levels, bio it’s mostly application.We barely got any describe questions.

Quick Reply

Latest