The Student Room Group

Finally the Purge (Brexit) Has begun

Bye bye:

David Davis
2 Laughable undersecretaries
Boris Johnson (Foreign secretary/ Donald trump press secretary)
personal joke Green from Bolton and another loser.

I will continue this list as the heads roll.

We must cleanse this nation of the political old boys and look forward for a stronger UK.
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Realitysreflexx
Bye bye:

David Davis

We must cleanse this nation of the political old boys and look forward for a stronger UK.

As much as I hate Brexit. We can’t stop it. I hate how both left wingers and right wingers have become so childish and unwilling to work together.
The other 48% should not however be ignored
Reply 4
Bye bye:

David Davis

If May faces a vote of no confidence and loses, they will be back.
Bye bye:

David Davis

I don't understand. Why are people resigning all of a sudden? :erm:
Original post by ProRoadman
As much as I hate Brexit. We can’t stop it. I hate how both left wingers and right wingers have become so childish and unwilling to work together.

Agreed
Original post by Starlight15

Either to come together and overthrow the government,
Get a vote of no confidence.

But to me personally, they should have done this friday...now that the framework has been "agreed" how could they form a new government and change it?

The EU would laugh and say what happened you were all in agreement just last week?

Either way they are all committing political suicide.
Reply 8
Original post by AlwaysConcerned
The other 48% should not however be ignored

Is that a bit like the Russian football team's wish to carry on playing should not be ignored?
Elite thread right here.
Original post by Starlight15

Brexit

Ha! Politicians since the beginning of time have vowed to make Britain stronger. I have never understood what this means or how you would measure it. Could you name someone who has made Britain stronger and provide evidence?
Original post by ByEeek
Ha! Politicians since the beginning of time have vowed to make Britain stronger. I have never understood what this means or how you would measure it. Could you name someone who has made Britain stronger and provide evidence?

Winston churchill, WWII not falling to Hitler....
Clement Attlee wide based social reforms including NHS and workers rights.
Tony Blair...expanding university education

And im not even British.
Winston churchill, WWII not falling to Hitler....
Clement Attlee wide based social reforms including NHS and workers rights.
Tony Blair...expanding university education

And im not even British.

Was Britain stronger post WW2? Based on the reading I have done, we were on our knees. Our economy had tanked and the National Debt was sky high. On top of that, much of our cities lay in ruins. I will give you Attlee, but Blair simply started the mortgaging of our university education system which will come home to roost very soon as student debt hits around half a trillion which it is set to do in the next few years.
I wonder where we'll get our £350 million a week to fund the NHS. Definitely not from the Airbus factory.
Original post by ByEeek
Was Britain stronger post WW2? Based on the reading I have done, we were on our knees. Our economy had tanked and the National Debt was sky high. On top of that, much of our cities lay in ruins. I will give you Attlee, but Blair simply started the mortgaging of our university education system which will come home to roost very soon as student debt hits around half a trillion which it is set to do in the next few years.

The global standard of living has risen since 1950 x100, as britain is one of the most developed countries in the world and had its greatest economic expansion between 1950-1965 known the golden era....the national debt was sky high but as you now know national debt is the new normal and that debt was used for modernization not wasted on corruption or the like, as you see with undeveloped nations and massive debt.

Blair did expand university however, and the system is much cheaper and better then the US system comparatively, as student debt is an issue thats really not an issue in comparison.

The us student debt is more then 1 trillion of private defaultable debt that can bring the economy down.
(Dont pay you lose your house, everything are forced into personal bankruptcy! Wait till the next recession! Massive issue!)

The SfE debt is serviced different and isnt personal debt for students, they only pay if they are earning.

Something people like to forget, there isnt nearly the pressure on british pupils.

Obviously there are better systems as in europe but the universities arent as highly ranked or well supported overall in comparison. Except for a few elite universities in each nation (EU) overall a poorer university experience is offered with far higher fail rates.
The global standard of living has risen since 1950 x100, as britain is one of the most developed countries in the world and had its greatest economic expansion between 1950-1965 known the golden era....the national debt was sky high but as you now know national debt is the new normal and that debt was used for modernization not wasted on corruption or the like, as you see with undeveloped nations and massive debt.

Blair did expand university however, and the system is much cheaper and better then the US system comparatively, as student debt is an issue thats really not an issue in comparison.

The us student debt is more then 1 trillion of private defaultable debt that can bring the economy down.
(Dont pay you lose your house, everything are forced into personal bankruptcy! Wait till the next recession! Massive issue!)

The SfE debt is serviced different and isnt personal debt for students, they only pay if they are earning.

Something people like to forget, there isnt nearly the pressure on british pupils.

Obviously there are better systems as in europe but the universities arent as highly ranked or well supported overall in comparison. Except for a few elite universities in each nation (EU) overall a poorer university experience is offered with far higher fail rates.

Ah - so when you say Britain is stronger, you are actually suggesting that Britain is wealthier? So is that as a whole or per capita? And if per capita are you focusing on those at the bottom or top of society? This is my point. "I will make Britain strong again" sounds great but means nothing and suggests that we were once great, then took a bit of dip that needs fixing when the reality is that generally speaking we (as a whole) have never had it so good.
We laugh but Michael Gove could be foreign secretary tomorrow.
Original post by ByEeek
Ah - so when you say Britain is stronger, you are actually suggesting that Britain is wealthier? So is that as a whole or per capita? And if per capita are you focusing on those at the bottom or top of society? This is my point. "I will make Britain strong again" sounds great but means nothing and suggests that we were once great, then took a bit of dip that needs fixing when the reality is that generally speaking we (as a whole) have never had it so good.

Fair enough, Britain has all the issues that most developed nations have, income inequality etc, but if a politician where to say they want to make britain stronger all they could do at this current juncture is get brexit right, because if britain becomes poor in addition to all the current issues that would be even worse, surely? Fixing the other issues would become 1,000 times harder if it went bankrupt aswell lol. But your point is good i understand where your coming from, but there are no quick fixes in life or politics.
Original post by that_guy874
We laugh but Michael Gove could be foreign secretary tomorrow.

What baffles me, and i guess it is strategic but, obviously the PM has moved towards remain thinking, why keep plugging in leaver ministers, why not pick less famous but like minded ministers?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending