The Student Room Group

Capitalism is Slavery

We are slaves to the system.

Scroll to see replies

And the alternative?
Original post by ProRoadman
And the alternative?

Not being beholden to the destructive rule of capital and being able to sustainably and cleanly advance as a human species
Original post by plklupu
Not being beholden to the destructive rule of capital and being able to sustainably and cleanly advance as a human species

Become a communist?
0B060ADD-AECD-4779-BA3D-E71D1588B72F.jpeg
Become a communist?

You wouldn't have to "become" anything, apart from free
Reply 5
Become a communist?

It would be a difficult thing to fathom for a closed minded and materialistic person like you.
Because communist countries are famous for their freedom.
Original post by plklupu

That’s an ambition, not an alternative sociopolitical structure.
Reply 8
And the alternative?

Simple, we aim to be as self-sufficient as possible and for what we can not do ourselves we use the traditional model of bartering to allow us to share our skills and talents.
Original post by alws
It would be a difficult thing to fathom for a closed minded and materialistic person like you.

Communism fails. Accept that. I would rather choose the lesser of two evils: capitalism.
Original post by Andrew97
Because communist countries are famous for their freedom.

Communism fails. Accept that. I would rather choose the lesser of two evils: capitalism.

Every country that has ever labelled itself communist was unfortunately an instance of heavily state-planned capitalism. Even the phrase "communist country" is oxymoronic, as the state would be abolished.

Original post by Rachmaninov
That’s an ambition, not an alternative sociopolitical structure.

Nobody asked for one. "Capitalism is Slavery" is not a sociopolitical structure either.
Original post by plklupu

To sustainable and cleanly advance would require even more controls put on the behaviors of people. You call that freedom?
Original post by DarthRoar
To sustainable and cleanly advance would require even more controls put on the behaviors of people. You call that freedom?

We're talking about a society with no state, no money, no classes, no bosses and thus no masters. Only horizontally arranged communities of humans with literally no incentive to ruin their planet in pursuit of profit. Yes, I'd call that freedom.
Reply 13
Really? If you are self-sufficient you are able to produce your own shelter, food and exist solely off the land - no need for a job, other than to work the land to support yourself only - not corporate greed too.
too right
Reply 15

I am not promoting communism, I have told you what my desired system is. I guess it could be categorised as left-wing libertarianism as my system avoids the use of government to control individuals.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by alws
I am not promoting communism, I have told you what my desired system is.

Who owns the means of production in your proposed system? Because if it's private individuals, then what we have here is a continuation of capitalism.
And the alternative?

Original post by plklupu

Original post by plklupu

Nobody asked for one. "Capitalism is Slavery" is not a sociopolitical structure either.

The post that you replied to asked you to suggest an alternative to capitalism.
Reply 18
You know communism requires full employment right?
Reply 19
Original post by plklupu
Who owns the means of production in your proposed system? Because if it's private individuals, then what we have here is a continuation of capitalism.

Yes, individuals own the means of production, but they produce only for themselves and supplement each other by barter.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending