The Student Room Group

Nose piercing - help!!

I’ve just left high school so I’m currently 16. This therefore means that I’m old enough to get a nose piercing (I think?) and I just wanted some advice etc. I was thinking of going to Claire’s as they use a gun which is one quick and fast method, and not using a piercing parlour because I’m quite scared of needles and not that good with pain. Please share your personal experiences etc so I know what I’m best doing, thank you!
Reply 1
Well I’ve never been to a piercing shop I have two nose piercings however I done them myself. It really doesn’t hurt and I think it’s safer to do it with a needle as I heard you can shatter the cartilage with a gun? I’d say go to a piercing shop anyway as they’re usually better and have more experience
Original post by lucieeliz
I’ve just left high school so I’m currently 16. This therefore means that I’m old enough to get a nose piercing (I think?) and I just wanted some advice etc. I was thinking of going to Claire’s as they use a gun which is one quick and fast method, and not using a piercing parlour because I’m quite scared of needles and not that good with pain. Please share your personal experiences etc so I know what I’m best doing, thank you!

Don't go anywhere that uses a gun and don't go to Claire's! Go to a proper piercing parlour with trained piercers, the ones in Claire's get minimal training. Plus piercing with a gun can seriously damage the cartilage and cause blunt force trauma. Even lobes shouldn't really be done with guns (although you can get away with it) but your nose really shouldn't be done with a gun! Guns are also much harder to sterilise than a needle so have a higher risk of infection, plus with a gun it's much harder to pierce accurately so there's a good chance that the piercing won't be exactly where the piercer intended to put it. Seriously don't get pierced with a gun, especially for piercings other than your ear lobe.

Oh and apparently needles hurt less than guns as they're sharp and slide through easily, whereas guns literally force the stud through. And a gun is no faster than a needle, both literally just involve something being pushed through your nostril so they take the same amount of time.
you shouldn't do a piercing.

Many people find those ugly.
Reply 4
Original post by TheTroll73
you shouldn't do a piercing.

Many people find those ugly.

Dude a nose piercing is incredibly hot. I wanna bite noses with nose rings esp, so flipping nice. Not OP though shes 16
Original post by Randyyy
Dude a nose piercing is incredibly hot. I wanna bite noses with nose rings esp, so flipping nice. Not OP though shes 16

O_O why don't you bite something edible next time?

Making a nose look like food is a bad idea
Reply 6
Original post by TheTroll73
O_O why don't you bite something edible next time?

Making a nose look like food is a bad idea

Ok I'll give it a good old lick. I'd be careful to not go anywhere near the nostrils though
Original post by Randyyy
Ok I'll give it a good old lick. I'd be careful to not go anywhere near the nostrils though

no free nose picking services
Reply 8
Original post by howitoughttobe
Don't go anywhere that uses a gun and don't go to Claire's! Go to a proper piercing parlour with trained piercers, the ones in Claire's get minimal training. Plus piercing with a gun can seriously damage the cartilage and cause blunt force trauma. Even lobes shouldn't really be done with guns (although you can get away with it) but your nose really shouldn't be done with a gun! Guns are also much harder to sterilise than a needle so have a higher risk of infection, plus with a gun it's much harder to pierce accurately so there's a good chance that the piercing won't be exactly where the piercer intended to put it. Seriously don't get pierced with a gun, especially for piercings other than your ear lobe.

Oh and apparently needles hurt less than guns as they're sharp and slide through easily, whereas guns literally force the stud through. And a gun is no faster than a needle, both literally just involve something being pushed through your nostril so they take the same amount of time.

Thanks for the help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending