The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Workload St Andrews Computer Science

How is workload as a Computer Science student at St Andrews like?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by leonidas.

Moved to the St Andrews subforum :smile:

I study CompSci at Edinburgh, and the first-year workload wasn't too bad. I know it isn't StA but it still follows the same 4-year Bachelors system
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by leonidas.

I'm not a CS student myself, but I just graduated from St Andrews doing Maths and had a number of friends doing the CS course.

From what I've seen and what my friends have told me, the first two years (subhonours) are fairly standard, with only a handful of genuinely scary modules. The honours years however are a different story, and are notorious for stretching students quite thin with loads of coursework.

All of my friends absolutely loved their course and from the work I've done with the CS department myself I would wholeheartedly recommend it, however, I would definitely place the course as one of the top 5 most difficult undergrads in St A.
I'm currently at St. Andrews studying maths and computer science. I just finished my second year there and honestly, the workload for the first two years is perfectly manageable as long as you don't just neglect it. Keep on top of it and you'll be fine!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending