The Student Room Group

Offers Nursing Stirling Uni 2018

Hi

I had my interview for adult nursing at the start of feb and havent recieved an offer, yet others I know have. Anyone else in the same boat? Starting to worry.

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Hey, there are a few people in my class who are in the same boat. I'm sure you'll hear back soon. At interview we were told we wouldn't hear until March so I'm quite surprised to have heard already. X
Reply 2
I haven’t heard back yet either, and I emailed them asking when I would and didn’t get a reply!
Reply 3
Have any of you heard back yet?
Reply 4
I just got an email saying they aim to have their decisions made by March 31st . So still waiting
Reply 5
Feel like I've been waiting a million years already! When did you have your interview?
I got a conditional for adult nursing on Wednesday 😁
Reply 7
Well done :smile: did you have your interview at the beginning of February?
Reply 8
Original post by anonymous_8
I got a conditional for adult nursing on Wednesday 😁

Well done!! I still haven’t heard x
Original post by Cm2018
Well done :smile: did you have your interview at the beginning of February?

My interview was 27th February x
Reply 10
Original post by anonymous_8
My interview was 27th February x

I got an unconditional the other day! Can stop checking track like a mad woman now:u:
Congratulations! I interviewed on the 12 of feb and still haven’t heard a thing,driving me absolutely insane .beginning to think it can’t be good news
Reply 12
Hey does anyone know when the timetables for September will be available? Trying to think ahead for childcare, my guess is they won’t be ready til September but thought I’d ask anyways.
Reply 13
Original post by chloe123-x
Hey does anyone know when the timetables for September will be available? Trying to think ahead for childcare, my guess is they won’t be ready til September but thought I’d ask anyways.

IMG_3671.JPG
Reply 14
Original post by Cm2018
IMG_3671.JPG

Don't know if your able to see that properly?
I'm returning to Stirling this September to do a masters (distance learning while working full time). I graduated from the adult nursing course in 2016. Happy to answer any questions you guys might have :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by Charlotte's Web
I'm returning to Stirling this September to do a masters (distance learning while working full time). I graduated from the adult nursing course in 2016. Happy to answer any questions you guys might have :smile:

Hey!
I have a couple.. if that’s ok? Haha
1. How many hours were you in uni a week for lectures?
2. Does your attendance affect funding?
3. Can you only work 12 hours a week during theory and not during placement?
4. Was it really difficult?

Sorry I’ve got loads more but would be here all day lol. I’m guessing the masters allows you to become a district nurse? How long will that take you?
X
Hey!
I have a couple.. if that’s ok? Haha
1. How many hours were you in uni a week for lectures?
2. Does your attendance affect funding?
3. Can you only work 12 hours a week during theory and not during placement?
4. Was it really difficult?

Sorry I’ve got loads more but would be here all day lol. I’m guessing the masters allows you to become a district nurse? How long will that take you?
X

No problem at all, it's best to ask and there aren't loads of opportunities to speak to older/previous students.

1. I was in uni probably 8:30 - 16:30 Monday-Friday during first year as there was a lot to fit in initially, but this decreased as I progressed through the course. There will also be weeks for clinical skills sessions where you will have an allocated slot.
2. You need to obtain around 2300 hours of placement and the same for theory to obtain NMC registration. If you are failing to attend enough then you will go through university disciplinary procedures which could ultimately end in your discontinuation on the course. Your funding would stop if this happened.
3. Sorry - not sure what you mean by this. Are you talking about working alongside your studying? The university recommend that people do not do this and if you work on the NHS bank then there will be caps on your hours to ensure you are not working over the EU Working Time Directive.
4. Some areas were more difficult than others. I found the academic side interesting and it came pretty naturally to me, but I enjoy essays and research. Most people have one or two points in the course where it gets a bit much and they want to leave, but most work through this with support.

Nope. This isn't a district nursing masters. It's in health research so I'll learn about the different types of research and how to conduct them and also do a dissertation. I'm doing it part-time whilst working full-time so will do it over 2 years, although you can do it over up to 4 years.
Reply 18
Thanks for answering those questions that really helps a lot! :smile: we were advised in college that if we apply for SAAS we can only work a maximum of 12 hours throughout our degree, just wondered if that was something you’d heard of?

Ah okay sounds good, it’s handy that you can work full time whilst working towards it also!
X
Thanks for answering those questions that really helps a lot! :smile: we were advised in college that if we apply for SAAS we can only work a maximum of 12 hours throughout our degree, just wondered if that was something you’d heard of?

Ah okay sounds good, it’s handy that you can work full time whilst working towards it also!
X

Nope, that isn't true at all.

The hours you work are regulated by the university. Depending how many hours you work on placement (might be 30, 35, or 37.5), you will only be able to work a certain number of additional hours per week (as I believe the limit is 48hrs per week). This is to do with the EU Working Time Directive and has absolutely nothing to do with SAAS. If you try to take shifts which would take you over the limit of hours, the nurse bank will cancel them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending