The Student Room Group

How many hours do you typically study/work a day?

I know it is about how productive you are and the quality of work that matters but I am just interested how long people spend studying/working as I think I am overworking.
8 hours
Reply 2
I revised for about 2 hours (in my frees) and then did about another 2/3 hours when i got home. But as you said, its more about effective revision and not just revising for 8 hours but not learning much.
Original post by Anonymous
I know it is about how productive you are and the quality of work that matters but I am just interested how long people spend studying/working as I think I am overworking.

3 hours everyday, sometimes more...
If we're excluding lectures, tutorials, practicals etc and just want non-timetabled, independent work, I roughly do 2-3 hours a day writing up notes in full after a lecture and getting my head around it.

During exam season, I'd revise for about 3-4 hours a day with a couple 20 min breaks inbetween for roughly 4-5 weeks leading up to the exam. Doesn't sound like much revision time but all the hours I spent throughout the year writing up notes and getting my head around the topics makes my life a lot easier come exam season :h:

Context - I'm a 2nd year going on 3rd year genetics student
(edited 5 years ago)
I used to study for 8-10 hours (with breaks of course) earlier this year, when I had my IGCSEs.

But now I just do it for 2-3 hours max :tongue:

And the limit of studying or work that can cause the person to burn out if crossed, varies from person to person.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Missradioactive
I used to study for 8-10 hours (with breaks of course) earlier this year, when I had my IGCSEs.

What are IGCSE's, are apple selling qualifications now?
My major is Performance Music with a Minor in Composing. So many of my hours of what I call studying is actual practicing certain instruments or trying to come up with musical ideas to put down on tablature. So it doesn't really consist of sticking my head into books all the time. For my work I do street performing and that really varies to how much time I have.
Reply 8
Original post by inthedark1

International gcses😂
Original post by Samiik
International gcses😂
😂👌
Original post by inthedark1

Is your username the Camila Cabello song reference though ? :smile:
I use to study from 9 until 6 from my GCSEs but will breaks and I work very slowly (exam season)
Studied a couple days a week for an hour or two at a time.
(edited 5 years ago)
3 hours max.
probably averaged 0-1 hour a day for most of my academic life, then ~12-14+ hours a day right before exams. tbh, if i wasn't lazy i would probably be an academic machine.

Gonna change that starting now to 2-3 hours a day on a weekday and 4-5 hours on weekends then maybe 5-6 hours a day nearer exams.. which is pretty much my uni resit exam prep schedule on top of 8-9 hours every weekday for my internship.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
probably averaged 0-1 hour a day for most of my academic life, then ~12-14+ hours a day right before exams. tbh, if i wasn't lazy i would probably be an academic machine.

Gonna change that starting now to 2-3 hours a day on a weekday and 4-5 hours on weekends then maybe 5-6 hours a day nearer exams.. which is pretty much my uni resit exam prep schedule on top of 8-9 hours every weekday for my internship.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wish I had the ability to study for 14+ hours :cry2:
Original post by Missradioactive
Is your username the Camila Cabello song reference though ? :smile:

No I don't even know the song, I just made up a random name probably on some dark night
Reply 17
zero atm 8hrs as soon as exams start

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending