The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Is it too late to get in and start at St Andrews this Sept?

I turned my economics and history offer down to take my unconditional at Oxford for history.

I want to study econ now and not history as it’s a better degree, will prefer less stress and would rather live in St A’s.

Is it too late? Must I take another gap yah?
Original post by nottsouthornorth
I turned my economics and history offer down to take my unconditional at Oxford for history.

I want to study econ now and not history as it’s a better degree, will prefer less stress and would rather live in St A’s.

Is it too late? Must I take another gap yah?

If they gave you an offer before, they may take you in again. Did you insure St As?

Best to just email them and explain your circumstances. Email them now so they're aware of your interest and they'll know how many spaces they have for results day.

I'm aware the university is expanding and trying to increase its intake so even though St A doesn't participate in Clearing/Adjustment, it may have exceptions.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
pure economics is hardcore maths, i bet you don't have the mathsy background for it
Original post by CollectiveSoul
pure economics is hardcore maths, i bet you don't have the mathsy background for it

No it's not. I do Econ at St Andrews and it's hardly 'hardcore' maths.
Original post by Capricancer
No it's not. I do Econ at St Andrews and it's hardly 'hardcore' maths.

what year are you in?
Original post by CollectiveSoul

As long as he meets all requirements he’s capable. Universities wouldn’t accept someone that they think are not capable of doing well
You can try emailling (I think it's myapplication@), but History and Econ are both super popular so there's a fair probability that there's no space left for this year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending