The Student Room Group

What do you have for breakfast?

I'm not a fussy eater usually but for breakfast I can never find anything that I'd like to eat (don't worry, I eat breakfast, I just don't enjoy it at all). I don't like normal shop -bought cereal or toast with butter or jam etc. So:
1 What do you eat for breakfast?
2 Any suggestions for what I make myself for breakfast that wouldn't take too long to make?

Scroll to see replies

Either a bowl of cereal like special K or shredded wheat or a yoghurt with some fruit on the side.
Could do poached egg on toast - full of protein. Fruit salad, porridge etc. Or make yourself a fruit smoothie.
Reply 2
Original post by Tj8
I'm not a fussy eater usually but for breakfast I can never find anything that I'd like to eat (don't worry, I eat breakfast, I just don't enjoy it at all). I don't like normal shop -bought cereal or toast with butter or jam etc. So:
1 What do you eat for breakfast?
2 Any suggestions for what I make myself for breakfast that wouldn't take too long to make?

I eat anything as long it’s edible. Give me the food you don’t like.

I usually have a big bowl of cereal, 4 toasts and a couple of fruit with usually 2 glasses of milk. Not enough to carry me on for the rest of the day
I eat food for breakfast

try eating foods you would normally reserve for lunch and dinner and see if that helps enjoy breakfast (I presume you like other meals too or you would have stated them/said you don't like eating)
Reply 4
When I feel fancy I make egg. Type of egg and flavour depends on what I find in the cupboards and fridge.
paratha and chicken curry
appam and papas curry or stew
Nada.
Reply 7
Original post by super_hannah
Either a bowl of cereal like special K or shredded wheat or a yoghurt with some fruit on the side.
Could do poached egg on toast - full of protein. Fruit salad, porridge etc. Or make yourself a fruit smoothie.

Poached eggs sounds nice. Thanks 😊!
x
Reply 8
Original post by Muudeey
When I feel fancy I make egg. Type of egg and flavour depends on what I find in the cupboards and fridge.

Original post by Muudeey
I eat anything as long it’s edible. Give me the food you don’t like.

I usually have a big bowl of cereal, 4 toasts and a couple of fruit with usually 2 glasses of milk. Not enough to carry me on for the rest of the day

Cool.
x
Original post by (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ
Nada.

yet it is the most important meal...
Reply 10
Original post by TheTroll73
I eat food for breakfast

try eating foods you would normally reserve for lunch and dinner and see if that helps enjoy breakfast (I presume you like other meals too or you would have stated them/said you don't like eating)

Good idea! I will try this!
x
Subway

Coca cola
yet it is the most important meal...

:dontknow:

The thought of eating so early in the morning makes me nauseous.
Eggs
:dontknow:

The thought of eating so early in the morning makes me nauseous.

ah I suppose you need to leave home early in the morning

what about taking a sandwich with you to eat as soon as your body allows it (should be 1 hour or so after waking up, at least in my experience).
ah I suppose you need to leave home early in the morning

what about taking a sandwich with you to eat as soon as your body allows it (should be 1 hour or so after waking up, at least in my experience).

I do leave quite early but still won't eat anything until around 10:00ish (pretty much 4 hours after waking up), which is usually just a small snack to keep me going until lunch.
I do leave quite early but still won't eat anything until around 10:00ish (pretty much 4 hours after waking up), which is usually just a small snack to keep me going until lunch.

Ah I see, what about eating lunch at 10 AM an then having a midday snack?
Ah I see, what about eating lunch at 10 AM an then having a midday snack?

Nah, I'm just not hungry enough at that point in the day.
I love dipping Beivita biscuits in milk, usually 1 or 2 packs (4 pieces each) will give me enough energy until midday. Ps they are so low in sugar, fat, salt and etc
I don't really enjoy breakfast unless we are away honestly I don't tend to have much at home I do try and have cereal or toast with most cereal I will have yogurt instead of milk with it but most mornings I just end up having a yogurt or some fruit. To drink I will have a glass of milk (which all m friends seems to think is strange but I love) and most of the time a pretty strong but milky coffee with one sugar

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending