The Student Room Group

How can I overcome a sexual fetish?

The only thing which gets me aroused or the only thing I can m*asturbate to is my fetish.
Reply 1
Original post by 60sfanatic
The only thing which gets me aroused or the only thing I can m*asturbate to is my fetish.
Cold turkey, like any addiction. Depends what fetish it is though, is it something that would put prospective partners off you?
Original post by Tootles
Cold turkey, like any addiction. Depends what fetish it is though, is it something that would put prospective partners off you?

Yes I feel it would put them off. I don't think it is a mainstream one like bondage and such. How do you mean cold turkey, I know it means stopping it 100% straight away. Do I m*sturbate without the fetish and eventually it will be gone?
Thank You
Reply 4
Original post by 60sfanatic
Yes I feel it would put them off. I don't think it is a mainstream one like bondage and such. How do you mean cold turkey, I know it means stopping it 100% straight away. Do I m*sturbate without the fetish and eventually it will be gone?
Just for the record, if you mean masturbate, say masturbate. Putting random asterisks in there is a little irritating.

I'm curious what this fetish is tbh. How bad can it be?

Basically you can't ever truly get rid of a fetish, but you can learn to live without it, and that just means ignore it and pretend it isn't there. Is that healthy? Probably not.
What is your fetish tho?
Have you thought of trying to find someone like-minded to share that fetish with? If there is content about it then there will be someone out there you can surely connect with. :smile:
You can't leave us on a cliffhanger.
Original post by Tootles
Just for the record, if you mean masturbate, say masturbate. Putting random asterisks in there is a little irritating.

I'm curious what this fetish is tbh. How bad can it be?

Basically you can't ever truly get rid of a fetish, but you can learn to live without it, and that just means ignore it and pretend it isn't there. Is that healthy? Probably not.

I’ll try and masturbate without it. Sorry for the random asterisks I was just unsure if the word was allowed to be used on here. Thanks for your advice I’ll give it a go.

Original post by Marshmello's Dad
What is your fetish tho?

Really it’s really weird and embarrassing sorry
You don't make a thread about a fetish and not say what it is, come on man.
Original post by MWills99

You don't make a thread about a fetish and not say what it is, come on man.

Sorry
Reply 11
Come on just go anon and say it, I can tell you mine and you'd feel less bad about your fetish me in fact you might even run for the hills 😂😂
Original post by Tootles

Plot twist: the fetish is cold turkeys...
if you go to a therapist they can help you overcome a fetish
you can get hypnosis to treat your fetish.
Reply 15
don't say go cold turkey..... that might be his fetish 😂😂😂
Original post by username4176196

Same aha, mine’s smoking though so I’m probably not gonna treat it - what’s yours?
That is way to hard for me, the only way i am able to orgasm is through my fetish. I hate it. I wish I could get off to normal p*rn, ive tried many times. I have hyper sexual disorder and cant stand to go a day or even an hour without an orgasm. What the **** do i do?

Quick Reply

Latest