The Student Room Group

Mom constantly worrying about my first holiday without her?

I have a 4 day holiday booked with 2 of my friends tomorrow and my mom is pestering me nonstop. She’s always scolding me for being “too dependent” on her and yet she’s really trying to pack my suitcase? She’ll literally just chuck random things in there that I really don’t need and won’t let me catch a break. No one is around, yet I feel embarrassed that she’s nitpicking me. I have to wake up at 3am tomorrow to catch a 6:30am flight. I’ve told her that she doesn’t have to get up. I know she will.

Is this normal? How do I chill out/chill her out?
Original post by Anygy
I have a 4 day holiday booked with 2 of my friends tomorrow and my mom is pestering me nonstop. She’s always scolding me for being “too dependent” on her and yet she’s really trying to pack my suitcase? She’ll literally just chuck random things in there that I really don’t need and won’t let me catch a break. No one is around, yet I feel embarrassed that she’s nitpicking me. I have to wake up at 3am tomorrow to catch a 6:30am flight. I’ve told her that she doesn’t have to get up. I know she will.

I assume you are going overseas? Is it not best to arrange a holiday here in Britain? That would put your mom at ease, knowing you are safe. And what’s more you’ll be spending your money here in England helping our economy and future. I’m sure that would make your Mom would be pleased you’re doing that.

Besides there’s loads of good places you can visit here and have fun.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Anygy

Just leave her the details and call her or text her at least once a day, then she will know and you wont have to be mithered.
Original post by Anygy

It's normal. She's just worried about your safety. You should text her once a day just to say you're safe and having fun.

She also probably feels sad about her child growing up enough to go on holiday without herm You're her baby so it nearly always takes parents a while to adjust to their baby being an independent person.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest