Applying for Law, universities and LNAT AMA Watch

new1234
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
As the thread suggests feel free to ask my advice about applying to university for Law. I get quite a few messages about this so thought I'd make a thread and see if I get any responses/questions that way it can help future students too. I applied this year and received offers from UCL, Kings, Warwick and Birmingham.
I will hopefully be attending Birmingham.
new1234
Rep:
?
Dobby's Phoenix
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey, What advice would you have for practicing for the LNAT multiple choice? How would you go about structuring the essay part of it?
new1234
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dobby's Phoenix)
Hey, What advice would you have for practicing for the LNAT multiple choice? How would you go about structuring the essay part of it?
Hi!

I would say just do as many practice tests as possible! Have you bought any books or resources? I can recommend some if you like. With regards to the essay, pick a side and then make 4 main points. For each point write a counter argument and then reject your counter argument. Build and break basically.

I could send you a long message explaining what I did to prep for the LNAT if you like?

Any other help let me know!
Dobby's Phoenix
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by new1234)
Hi!

I would say just do as many practice tests as possible! Have you bought any books or resources? I can recommend some if you like. With regards to the essay, pick a side and then make 4 main points. For each point write a counter argument and then reject your counter argument. Build and break basically.

I could send you a long message explaining what I did to prep for the LNAT if you like?

Any other help let me know!
I haven't bought anything yet as I didn't know what would be useful, so if you wouldn't mind recommending some books etc that would be great.
Thank you that makes sense for the essay, it hopefully should just write itself by the time I get there! Please do send me that message, I'd love to get an insight of much I should do because it's quite hard to judge really. Thanks for your help and well done for getting amazing offers.
new1234
Rep:
?
I haven't bought anything yet as I didn't know what would be useful, so if you wouldn't mind recommending some books etc that would be great.
Thank you that makes sense for the essay, it hopefully should just write itself by the time I get there! Please do send me that message, I'd love to get an insight of much I should do because it's quite hard to judge really. Thanks for your help and well done for getting amazing offers.

For future reference I'll recommend a book here - Mark Shephards Mastering the LNAT - but I will send you the long message with more recommendations and other advice!

Thank you and your welcome! Happy to help.
new1234
Rep:
?
new1234
Rep:
?
Bump
Sergioo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi,

What were your GCSE’s and predicted grades/subjects?
new1234
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sergioo)
Hi,

What were your GCSE’s and predicted grades/subjects?
Hi!
My GCSE’s were 4a*s and 8a’s. And my predicted grades in a level are a*aa
Sergioo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi!
My GCSE’s were 4a*s and 8a’s. And my predicted grades in a level are a*aa
Did u think with 8 A’s at GCSE and A*A*A* Predicted can get me into LSE/UCL in your opinion?
new1234
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sergioo)
Did u think with 8 A’s at GCSE and A*A*A* Predicted can get me into LSE/UCL in your opinion?
UCL - yeah I think so
LSE- no idea but they are quite competitive so you would need high lnat scores etc...

Have you done many eca’s/wider reading?
DCDCo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
For future reference I'll recommend a book here - Mark Shephards Mastering the LNAT - but I will send you the long message with more recommendations and other advice!

Thank you and your welcome! Happy to help.

My only word of warning with this book - the tests are very easy, much easier I would say than the real thing. There were a fair few threads on TSR this year by students who were in shock that they scored so low on the LNAT compared to their scores in this book, and other practise tests for that matter. I would recommend a wide-range of reading/tests to get a good feel for it.

The other advice given, I wholeheartedly agree with.

Best of luck!

(If you want any LSE-specific advice, you are more than welcome to message me. I have firmed them for Law this year )
JohanGRK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Which university did you get rejected from?
new1234
Rep:
?
bump
Henny987
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
As the thread suggests feel free to ask my advice about applying to university for Law. I get quite a few messages about this so thought I'd make a thread and see if I get any responses/questions that way it can help future students too. I applied this year and received offers from UCL, Kings, Warwick and Birmingham.
What A-levels did you do?

What were your offers from UCL and Kings??

What did you get in your LNAT?
new1234
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mark jam)
What A-levels did you do?

What were your offers from UCL and Kings??

What did you get in your LNAT?
My offers were A*AA and I got 21 in the lnat
new1234
Rep:
?
Bump
JohanGRK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Why did you get rejected from Oxbridge or LSE? I'm asking this because you didn't answer to my previous post (which I'm sure deserves an answer)
new1234
Rep:
?
(Original post by JohanGRK)
Why did you get rejected from Oxbridge or LSE? I'm asking this because you didn't answer to my previous post (which I'm sure deserves an answer)
I’m so sorry I didn’t see this question! I got rejected from Cambridge after interview because I didn’t perform well in the interview
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (205)
23.51%
Pop (215)
24.66%
Jazz (33)
3.78%
Classical (49)
5.62%
Hip-Hop (167)
19.15%