The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Is this like a celeb crush or someone you actually know and would serious act on it?
It's normal to have a crush, but just forget about them and find someone your own age.
Reply 3
No it's someone I know
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
No it's someone I know

Normal, but a bit bad.

Especially if they're a teacher or something like that.
OP don't forget to quote them
No it's someone I know

@Savvy98 They're talking to you
It’s normal but don’t act on it. Thinking isn’t illegal, the sex definitely is.
I have a crush on a 34 year old, is it normal?

this is the funniest thing ive read all week oml im 16 aswell BUT cannot imagine having a crush on a 34 year old unless they're INSANELY hot :smile:
No it's someone I know
I do not see what how you both would have much in common as you are finishing school and he is in a totally different part of his life. I just don't see how it work work.
Reply 9
Original post by Savvy98
I do not see what how you both would have much in common as you are finishing school and he is in a totally different part of his life. I just don't see how it work work.

Crushes are never based in reality
To be on the safe side, wait till you're 18 and see if you're still attracted to them.

In the meantime keep your eyes and mind open for other candidates for your affection.
OK, I believe I have a bit of experience in this age gap situation. Now your circumstance is somewhat different than mine so I will have different advice for you than the outcome of my circumstance. You are 16 years old and possibly yes where you live that is legal consent to date someone much older than yourself. That maybe true, but have you even finished your primary education yet while this man you have a crush on is probably stable in a career. The next thing I would offer to you is you say this is a crush and that is all fine, but is this something you would actually pursue? A crush from afar is innocent and nothing wrong with that at all, but pursuing him would really effect his life a lot.

Now onto why I say I have quite a bit of experience in this area. When I was 20 years old and I will be turning 22 in the beginning of August I met a guy while at an Art Museum where a painting of mine was being exhibited. We talked about Art for quite some time and I really didn't even realize he was quite older than myself until we were about to leave that evening and he gave me his phone number. He is approximately 30 years older then myself. So we continued to hang out as friends and his love of Art and my love of Art led us to really spending a lot of time together. Several weeks after the Art Museum meeting we had our first real date and haven't turned back since. I am currently 21 years old and going to be 22 on August 8th and he is 51. I now live with him at his place and we couldn't be happier. So it does work this whole age gap thing , but I think both participants really have to be more mature and have something in common like we both have. Sorry for the long post.
Yeah it is normal as in it happens every day.
16 is pretty iffy to act on it though, but there are cultures in the world (billions of people) where brides are even younger than that.
Anyway, I've met some extremely mature teenagers in my life perhaps you are one of them. You have to be to be able to hold a conversation with a non-infantile 34yo.
Original post by Stinkerbell96
OK, I believe I have a bit of experience in this age gap situation. Now your circumstance is somewhat different than mine so I will have different advice for you than the outcome of my circumstance. You are 16 years old and possibly yes where you live that is legal consent to date someone much older than yourself. That maybe true, but have you even finished your primary education yet while this man you have a crush on is probably stable in a career. The next thing I would offer to you is you say this is a crush and that is all fine, but is this something you would actually pursue? A crush from afar is innocent and nothing wrong with that at all, but pursuing him would really effect his life a lot.

Now onto why I say I have quite a bit of experience in this area. When I was 20 years old and I will be turning 22 in the beginning of August I met a guy while at an Art Museum where a painting of mine was being exhibited. We talked about Art for quite some time and I really didn't even realize he was quite older than myself until we were about to leave that evening and he gave me his phone number. He is approximately 30 years older then myself. So we continued to hang out as friends and his love of Art and my love of Art led us to really spending a lot of time together. Several weeks after the Art Museum meeting we had our first real date and haven't turned back since. I am currently 21 years old and going to be 22 on August 8th and he is 51. I now live with him at his place and we couldn't be happier. So it does work this whole age gap thing , but I think both participants really have to be more mature and have something in common like we both have. Sorry for the long post.

I actually think about perusing this relationship, he didn't get to see me at first and I may have mislead him into presuming I was way older. He takes me seriously since he thinks I am mature, I honestly think It is because of the age misunderstanding. I am glad you're relationship worked out and I hope mine does too. Thank you for your advice and for sharing your experience.
of course its normal. i used to have crushes on grown men (celebrities) when I was as young as 9 or 10.

its normal to have a crush. just don't act on it
he didn't get to see me at first and I may have mislead him into presuming I was way older.

So he doesn't know you're 16?
In that case you have 50% chance of being dumped/friendzoned immediately and 50% chance of being with a balls of steel guy :biggrin:
Maybe 60/40, but I'm guessing here.
I have a crush on michael scofield and he could be my dad
I actually think about perusing this relationship, he didn't get to see me at first and I may have mislead him into presuming I was way older. He takes me seriously since he thinks I am mature, I honestly think It is because of the age misunderstanding. I am glad you're relationship worked out and I hope mine does too. Thank you for your advice and for sharing your experience.
Honey, misleading him to think you are older is a huge mistake right off the bat. You need to be honest with him. He is going to find this out and he is going to not think highly of you at all let alone want a relationship.
Normal to have a crush yes anything more like actual relationship no

Latest

Trending

Trending