The Student Room Group
can help you with macbeth if needed. what have you got down so far?
Reply 2
Original post by entertainmyfaith
can help you with macbeth if needed. what have you got down so far?

Hey
How would I write an essay
What structure
Peel Peter?
HOW LADY MACBETH PRESENTED AS A POWERFUL WOMAN HOW CAN I ANSWER THIS
Original post by Skiyani1111
Hey
What structure
Peel Peter?

wait is this the question you want to answer, not the supernatural one in the op?
Reply 4
wait is this the question you want to answer, not the supernatural one in the op?

Both
I’m struggling really bad
How do I structure essay
Peeel
Etc?
Both
I’m struggling really bad
How do I structure essay
Peeel
Etc?

peel's good but i prefer petal- point, evidence, technique, analysis, link back to the question. have you got any points/quotes down for either of these questions?
Reply 6
PEELs good. Reference to more than one scene in the play. Always remember to include techniques and running themes. Remember that Macbeth was written as a play so there are stage directions etc in which Shakespeare presented the supernatural.
Reply 7
peel's good but i prefer petal- point, evidence, technique, analysis, link back to the question. have you got any points/quotes down for either of these questions?

Yep
Yep

so what have you got down so far? or are you struggling more with structuring your essay?
Reply 9
so what have you got down so far? or are you struggling more with structuring your essay?

Struggling with structure my essay
How can I link to play as a whole
Struggling with structure my essay
How can I link to play as a whole

okay so you can use peel or petal to structure your paragraphs. when linking to the play as a whole, you need to know your quotes. i always prefer using the extract given first as it inspires the rest of the points in my essay. remember that it's absolutely fine to talk about the extract for the majority of the essay, especially if it's a good one. some girl in sixth form at my school only did one point on the rest of the play in last year's exam and she got a 9.
but you defo should learn a few quotes otherwise you won't get the top marks.

banquo and macbeth's attitudes to the supernatural are different to each other; remember to make a point of this. banquo's more weary whereas macbeth, who's initially weary quickly sees the supernatural as a great source of power for himself. perhaps this is why it leads to macbeth's downfall.

quotes for banquo (in regards to his attitude for the supernatural):
"the instruments of darkness tell us truths, win us with honest trifles"
"that not look like th'inhabitants o'th'earth"
"neither beg nor fear"

okay now if you wanna look at lady macbeth and the power she had, her and her husband's relationship is a good place to start. she's very skilled at being able to manipulate her husband to do things such as murdering the king and is often the steadfast character in the relationship.

however you may also want to argue that there's also points where she's seen as a weak character- eg. she couldn't murder duncan herself because he resembled her father too much or the fact that she has to call on the supernatural to help her become more powerful. this can be linked contextually to the fact that women were seen as the weaker gender and it may almost be a warning from shakespeare that women are the weaker gender no matter what they do to break down this stereotype.
(edited 5 years ago)
Hey
What structure
Peel Peter?k

Hi on aqa.org there is a section of exemplar answers. There is an answer there and I'm sure its on HOW IS LADY MACBETH PRESENTED AS A POWERFUL WOMAN. Hi i have found address

Original post by absolutelysprout
Hi trying to reply. The example is on AQA-8702-EX -COOMENTARY (1).PDF. Just sent pictures but are they to small for you to see writing?
Address : filestore.aqa.org.uk document looks like this:
16073697557917981377663505676460.jpg

Latest

Trending

Trending