The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Graduate program

I have got an offer from uni of strathclyde for Masters in forensic science.I wish to know about how the course is..the uni ranking isnt very good too..Besides, how about the job prospects in the same field there?
Original post by nitinarora19sep
I have got an offer from uni of strathclyde for Masters in forensic science.I wish to know about how the course is..the uni ranking isnt very good too..Besides, how about the job prospects in the same field there?

Hi @nitinarora19sep ,

Thanks for your message and congratulations on your offer! Glad to hear you are considering coming to study with us.

In terms of rankings you will probably see different rankings depending on what league table you are looking at, and it's probably good to look at subject specific rankings rather than overall ones as these can be quite different! According to the Complete University Guide 2019 subject tables we are actually no.2 in the UK for Forensic Science, so overall our students are a happy bunch :smile: Our MSc in Forensic Science has been around for a quite a while and is actually the longest running such course in the UK.

The course is fully accredited and has great job prospects with good starting salaries! Did you have any other specific questions about the course or the university I could help with? Do you already live in Glasgow or would you be moving here for the course? Happy to help any way that I can!

Best wishes,

Sarah
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Original post by University of Strathclyde
Hi @nitinarora19sep ,

Thanks for your message and congratulations on your offer! Glad to hear you are considering coming to study with us.

In terms of rankings you will probably see different rankings depending on what league table you are looking at, and it's probably good to look at subject specific rankings rather than overall ones as these can be quite different! According to the Complete University Guide 2019 subject tables we are actually no.2 in the UK for Forensic Science, so overall our students are a happy bunch :smile: Our MSc in Forensic Science has been around for a quite a while and is actually the longest running such course in the UK.

The course is fully accredited and has great job prospects with good starting salaries! Did you have any other specific questions about the course or the university I could help with? Do you already live in Glasgow or would you be moving here for the course? Happy to help any way that I can!

Best wishes,

Sarah

Okay!
I'm from India....I'm most concerned with job prospects since i've heard that for getting forensic field jobs we need to have stayed in the UK for 3 years...i'm really confused as to what to do?
Original post by nitinarora19sep
Okay!
I'm from India....I'm most concerned with job prospects since i've heard that for getting forensic field jobs we need to have stayed in the UK for 3 years...i'm really confused as to what to do?

Hi @nitinarora19sep - this is not something I am aware of (and I have checked with my colleagues in the International student recruitment team who do not believe that this is the case either in terms of being able to get a job in the UK)

I work in the UK student team, so I am just going to pop you a private message with contact details for my colleague who deals with students from India as he will be much better placed to advise you. He should be able to answer any questions you have :smile:

Best wishes,

Sarah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending