The Student Room Group

A lovely TSR volunteer has passed away

It is with sadness that I inform you that a fellow community assistant has passed away earlier today.

This is Quizlet's friend (David), some of you already know me from his other thread (Quizlet's cancer journey) more info here:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5336802

To remember him, you may have seen a few staff members and other community assistants putting a yellow ribbon as their profile picture, which symbolises anyone who has had bone cancer or is currently fighting bone cancer, feel free to put it as your own profile picture for however long you want to remember Quizlet :smile:.

He may have passed away from cancer, but he didn't let it control his life, he had very little pain for he passed away, and it was very peaceful. He was in control, not cancer.

It would be nice if you'd let us know about your favourite moments with Quizlet (if you knew him at all), we could possibly collate it into a big lovely thread dedicated to him. :smile:

David
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
RIP :frown:
Never met the fella, but from his thread he seems like such a down to earth person and a pleasure to be around.
Well done for beating cancer.

May your soul rest in peace.
Original post by Quizlet
It is with sadness that a fellow community assistant has passed away earlier today.

This is Quizlet's friend (David), some of you already know me from his other thread (Quizlet's cancer journey) more info here:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5336802

To remember him, you may have seen a few staff members and other community assistants putting a yellow ribbon as their profile picture, which symbolises anyone who has had bone cancer or is currently fighting bone cancer, feel free to put it as your own profile picture for however long you want to remember Quizlet :smile:.

He may have passed away from cancer, but he didn't let it control his life, he had very little pain for he passed away, and it was very peaceful. He was in control, not cancer.

It would be nice if you'd let us know about your favourite moments with Quizlet (if you knew him at all), we could possibly collate it into a big lovely thread dedicated to him. :smile:

David

This is sad to hear however he's in a better place and as a student who regularly uses TSR I am so so grateful for the work and effort he has put into helping students lives. I can't even explain how much TSR has helped my student life, the resources are so so useful and all the people are so helpful. Quizlet is in our hearts❤️
How old was he when he passed away?
RIP Quizlet

:frown:
(edited 5 years ago)
oh my:frown:
seemed like a lovely user, never really knew him but was always helpful and nice to others.
hope he rests in peace.
never met this guy but may his soul rest in peace
So sad. RIP. :frown:
Rest in peace :frown:
Reply 11
May he rest in peace. Prayers to his family and friends in this difficult time :frown:
Wow, that was so sudden from his fairly recent updates where he seemed to be doing OK. Glad that the end was peaceful and painless according to David.
Very sorry to hear of Quizlets passing, he will be missed :cry2:
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
It wasn’t David who passed...

you are right... i misread :emo:
Read through his cancer journey thread and I am so saddened to hear he passed.
When he said it was unfair and he didn't want to die my heart broke.

RIP.
Rest in Peace :frown:
May his soul be at rest
RIP :frown:
Original post by 3pointonefour
How old was he when he passed away?

He was 17.

You can take it easy now, Quizzy. :heart:

Latest