The Student Room Group

Telling your teachers you have a crush on them?

What would happen if you told a teacher you had a crush on them or they found out. Would they just laugh or talk to you about it? Would they want to stay away from you?

My friend said she might tell my head of year/pe teacher I have a crush on him. He's like one of those cool teachers who may just laugh at me with the other teachers. He may just look at me in the eyes like he always does or talk to me. Maybe he won't even pay it any attention? We have a trip tomorrow and he's married and bringing his daughter who's the same age as us!

Scroll to see replies

bump
It's one of those things that just isn't a good idea and you should discourage your friend from doing so for sure. Your teacher would probably talk to you about it, but it would definitely change the nature of your relationship since the teacher would have to be aware of everything they're doing around you
He'll probably be more distant with you if he finds out. He's risking his career and his future progression if anyone even suspects he's entertaining any ideas. It's one of the reasons there's very few male teachers.
Reply 4
I challenge people to come up with a worse idea
It's highly likely the teacher would do as they're supposed to, and report it to the headteacher, who'll get involved, tell parents, etc...

Everyone has to cover their arses these days, so it's a really bad idea.
Original post by Randyyy
I challenge people to come up with a worse idea

huh?
Original post by Obolinda
huh?

What Randyyy's saying is that it's a really terrible idea
Reply 8
1b0.jpeg
Original post by Anonymous
It's highly likely the teacher would do as they're supposed to, and report it to the headteacher, who'll get involved, tell parents, etc...

Everyone has to cover their arses these days, so it's a really bad idea.

Headteacher, parents? How does me having a crush warrant that? I won't pursue him or flirt or anything. we barely talk!
Like, super bad idea. If you were 16+ and he was single then maaybe under very extreme circumstances but with him married and you being a student it wont go anywhere
Original post by drsfgdg
1b0.jpeg

:smile:
:smile:

Seriously though, just don't. You have nothing to gain it will just be awkward.
Reply 13
Headteacher, parents? How does me having a crush warrant that? I won't pursue him or flirt or anything. we barely talk!

He would lose his job if it were interpreted the wrong way so he would need to be very clear to the right people he isn't involved in anything.

The details don't matter. You know what the world's like these days... even a simple admission would be considered a potential child safety issue, so the response would be an instant, massive overreaction to cover off any possibility of anyone ever being accused of anything.
Original post by Anonymous
The details don't matter. You know what the world's like these days... even a simple admission would be considered a potential child safety issue, so the response would be an instant, massive overreaction to cover off any possibility of anyone ever being accused of anything.

This made me laugh. I just wanna talk to him and be near him. I'm gonna feel so awkward with his daughter there tomorrow.
You really have to be some type of crackhead to do that shizz
I was doing some volunteer work because i was going to go into primary education last year, I saw a kid that looked depressed so i went and asked him if he was ok, he said no so i asked him what was wrong. He told me the teachers don't like him and he feels like they are picking on him constantly. Before he could finish a teacher came by and asked me to go with her, i was taken to the principal and was told not to do that again and that if i was on the teaching course i would have been kicked out instantly.

If the teacher approached you about this and tried to explain his situation, then without another teacher nearby, that could be considered an interest in your approach and his career could be destroyed in an instant.
Seems worrying.
Original post by Dardarus86
I was doing some volunteer work because i was going to go into primary education last year, I saw a kid that looked depressed so i went and asked him if he was ok, he said no so i asked him what was wrong. He told me the teachers don't like him and he feels like they are picking on him constantly. Before he could finish a teacher came by and asked me to go with her, i was taken to the principal and was told not to do that again and that if i was on the teaching course i would have been kicked out instantly.

If the teacher approached you about this and tried to explain his situation, then without another teacher nearby, that could be considered an interest in your approach and his career could be destroyed in an instant.

He always talks to me alone, obviously with open doors and in the open. He said he's worried about me: anxiety, depression. Issues like that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending