The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Switching my firm to UCL

I’ve recently decided I want to switch my offers and have UCL as my firm instead of KCL. I’ve gotten permission from both Unis and now just need to send a confirming email. My accommodation application has already been submitted through KCL, where I requested intercollegiate halls. I have spoken to the UCL accommodation department and they’ve said that I will have to do a new, late application and be put on a waiting list. I’m concerned that doing this risks not getting a place in halls as I do not want to stay in private accommodation. Does anyone know how likely it would be that a place would become available, or am I better off playing it safe and staying with KCL so that I can definitely stay in halls? I’m very unsure of what to do as I definitely want to go to UCL over KCL but the possibility of not having accommodation is a big worry :frown:.
Original post by Finnalin1
I’ve recently decided I want to switch my offers and have UCL as my firm instead of KCL. I’ve gotten permission from both Unis and now just need to send a confirming email. My accommodation application has already been submitted through KCL, where I requested intercollegiate halls. I have spoken to the UCL accommodation department and they’ve said that I will have to do a new, late application and be put on a waiting list. I’m concerned that doing this risks not getting a place in halls as I do not want to stay in private accommodation. Does anyone know how likely it would be that a place would become available, or am I better off playing it safe and staying with KCL so that I can definitely stay in halls? I’m very unsure of what to do as I definitely want to go to UCL over KCL but the possibility of not having accommodation is a big worry :frown:.

I wouldn't choose my university over which accommodation I was guaranteed. Also, you definitely wanted KCL over UCL when your firmed it so what's changed? Please say something other than the perception of 17 year olds on TSR.

Don't UCL offer guaranteed accommodation to all first year* undergrads?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending