The Student Room Group

Is this rude?

I really want to go to athletics training with a close friend. But I can't get there without asking him for a lift.

I almost always give him lifts to places where we go out to. But I'm at his house alot which i think of as something in return for the lifts.

I don't want his parents to feel like i'm rude for asking for a lift howether he goes anyway so I don't see the problem?

Would you say this is rude to ask??
Nope, why would it be rude " Hey man, any chance you would be able to give me a lift? I would really appreciate it" offer to throw in lunch or something
If you're close, then I don't think it would be rude of you to ask this, especially since it's an activity you're doing together
Reply 3
Original post by Dardarus86
Nope, why would it be rude " Hey man, any chance you would be able to give me a lift? I would really appreciate it" offer to throw in lunch or something

Not sure I always feel bad for asking as their parents may see it as a burden? I offered to walk to his house if that makes it easier.
If your friend asked you for a lift, would you see it as rude?
Reply 5
It’s really not a burden. You taxi him around and you’re offering to walk to his house so he doesn’t even have to detour. Tbh I’d consider it pretty rude if he refused, considering you’re close friends and attending the same event at the same time.
Reply 6
Original post by Dardarus86
If your friend asked you for a lift, would you see it as rude?

No I don't see it as rude at all as I know that his mum and dad work all day howether my mum sometimes gets annoyed that she's always giving lifts to friends. (not this friend as my mum likes him as he's very respectful) I just don't want his parents to feel the same way my mum does.
Reply 7
Thanks for the responses guys btw.
Reply 8
Ah jeez I asked him and he said he can't his parents are at work all day.

Well I feel like trash now haha
Reply 9
Original post by 5000yellow
Ah jeez I asked him and he said he can't his parents are at work all day.

Well I feel like trash now haha

So how’s he gonna get there?
Original post by Milax1x
So how’s he gonna get there?

Not sure i'd feel kinda intrusive to ask.

I'd assume he isn't going or another friend is taking him?

Quick Reply

Latest