The Student Room Group

I will never ever forgive this tecaher

Leaving school this year has made me reflect on being at school. The good and bad memories, the best teachers and the worst teachers. There is one teacher that I will never forgive though and she was my form teacher all the way though from year 8 and was my Maths teacher in Year7.

The reason I will never forgive her is because in my third week of school in year 7, I did just what no student ever wants to do at school, let alone high school.

Spoiler

She was one of these teachers with a super strict toilet policy.. we've all had them I'm sure? I was not feeling well though and I had a water infection. I had gone before lesson and I thought I would be ok for another hour.. but I was wrong. I was reminded about this all through school and it is far the worst school memory I have. So if you ever become teachers folks please enforce your toilet policies with careful consideration. I was a good student after all so I was hardly going to skip lesson or mess about.

I will share more school memories over the summer.. Megan x

Scroll to see replies

I'm so sorry :frown: that must've been so humiliating I swear legally though teachers have to let you if you need to go to the toilet?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
Some teachers just hate their jobs and by extension probably their current life path and take it out on children. You should of reported the teacher as she was bullying you
Let’s sit back and wait for vickyteach to pop up .........
I know teachers in TSR will disagree but I believe such people should not be a teacher.
Original post by bluemuffin
I'm so sorry :frown: that must've been so humiliating I swear legally though teachers have to let you if you need to go to the toilet?

Thank you and it was :frown: She was very remorseful at the time. My Mum did go and have a go at her but she was very apologetic when she tried. The problem was, the damage was already done and I was then known as the girl who wet her knickers. I highly doubt many people have ever wet themselves past primary school.. So that's why it made such big school gossip. :frown:
Original post by Meganwrightson
Thank you and it was :frown: She was very remorseful at the time. My Mum did go and have a go at her but she was very apologetic when she tried. The problem was, the damage was already done and I was then known as the girl who wet her knickers. I highly doubt many people have ever wet themselves past primary school.. So that's why it made such big school gossip. :frown:

Schools do have rules about not letting people go to the loo but if there is a medical reason you're usually given a card to show that you do need to be allowed to leave the room. So the fault is probably your parents for not writing you a letter to be allowed to be excused.
Original post by Muttley79
Schools do have rules about not letting people go to the loo but if there is a medical reason you're usually given a card to show that you do need to be allowed to leave the room. So the fault is probably your parents for not writing you a letter to be allowed to be excused.

erm well I was found to have a water infection after this had happened. My parents did not know as the problem had only started that day. So my parents are not to blame.
erm well I was found to have a water infection after this had happened. My parents did not know as the problem had only started that day. So my parents are not to blame.

You didn't say that in your post though ...
Thats awful, how long did people remember the incident for?
I would be scarred lol
You didn't say that in your post though ...

Oh I'm sorry I forgot to put every last little detail in my post.. Do you want to know about the teacher and other students shocked reactions as well and how I had to go to the school office with soaking clothes to call home :frown:
Original post by Switch01
Thats awful, how long did people remember the incident for?
I would be scarred lol

It still comes up every now an then :frown:
Oh I'm sorry I forgot to put every last little detail in my post.. Do you want to know about the teacher and other students shocked reactions as well and how I had to go to the school office with soaking clothes to call home :frown:

No but you did say you had an infection so that's why I queried why school didn't know. The school should have stamped on anyone teasing you so their bulling policy sounds poor - it was not the teacher's fault that she was following the school rules. At Secondary she would have been told off if you'd been caught out of lessons. I would have risked being told off if you looked genuinely in need but not everyone can risk their job.
I’ve had some absolutely terrible teachers at school and I wonder why they even bothered with the profession... although I had some equally incredible teachers. One English teacher basically saved my entire future educational life and I’ll be forever grateful !
No but you did say you had an infection so that's why I queried why school didn't know. The school should have stamped on anyone teasing you so their bulling policy sounds poor - it was not the teacher's fault that she was following the school rules. At Secondary she would have been told off if you'd been caught out of lessons. I would have risked being told off if you looked genuinely in need but not everyone can risk their job.

People will say what they want and do what they want. Teachers can't beat bad behavior out of other students so the teacher can go blue in the face telling people off. They don't always listen though.
Original post by Supernova36
I’ve had some absolutely terrible teachers at school and I wonder why they even bothered with the profession... although I had some equally incredible teachers. One English teacher basically saved my entire future educational life and I’ll be forever grateful !

I agree there is some brilliant teachers out there :smile:
People will say what they want and do what they want. Teachers can't beat bad behavior out of other students so the teacher can go blue in the face telling people off. They don't always listen though.

Not in a school with a good behaviour policy - bullies don't last long in my school and bystanders who don't report it are just as guilty. You should never have had to suffer bullying because of this and you should be blaming your school not a teacher who was scared of losing her job.
Not in a school with a good behaviour policy - bullies don't last long in my school and bystanders who don't report it are just as guilty. You should never have had to suffer bullying because of this and you should be blaming your school not a teacher who was scared of losing her job.

Teachers should be allowed to use their own judgment and given more control of how to run their own classrooms. They know their students and should be allowed to make calls on what they see.
Sue the teacher, I remember I wasn’t allowed and at the end of the lesson I was limping because my tummy was hurting. Sue for UTI.
(edited 5 years ago)
Teachers should be allowed to use their own judgment and given more control of how to run their own classrooms. They know their students and should be allowed to make calls on what they see.

Again you fail to see that if it's a school rule then teachers HAVE to enforce it regardless or lose their job. You can't allow some students to break the rules and not others - that's unfair and parents would complain about that too.

The teacher could not win here .. lose her job or upset you. As I said I'd have probably risked my job but not everyone is confident to do that.

Please just forget this and move on - holding a grudge hurts you more than it does her.

Latest