The Student Room Group

Would you pay £93 for a visa to visit Europe?

Yep once again the EU dictatorship is launching another attack on Britain and fleecing us. Then they wonder why we chose to leave. They are going to charge us £93 for a visa to visit Europe.

Here is the proof:

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/brexit-free-movement-visa-registration-fees-paperwork-travel-budget-holidays-a8449426.html

I certainly will not be paying the EU £93. We won’t be in the EU anymore so why should they get anymore of our money.

We will be spending our money here in Britain. At least when we get out of the EU we will get our British tourist industry and holiday camp vouchers back.

Would you pay £93 to visit the EU?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Erm you do realise that every country outside the EU charges for visa’s right? If you voted for brexit then this is what you voted for. Can’t expect Britain to ban free movement for foreigners then expect it in Europe for British people
sounds like a crock of ****

:h:
Original post by Milax1x
Erm you do realise that every country outside the EU charges for visa’s right? If you voted for brexit then this is what you voted for. Can’t expect Britain to ban free movement for foreigners then expect it in Europe for British people

I wasn’t able to vote at the referendum in 2016 but people voted for Brexit because they were fed up of the EU ripping them off. Now the EU does this? What more do they want?

I think they are doing it out of jealousy because we’ve got a bright future ahead of us.
Reply 4
Original post by Ambitious1999
I wasn’t able to vote at the referendum in 2016 but people voted for Brexit because they were fed up of the EU ripping them off. Now the EU does this? What more do they want?

I think they are doing it out of jealousy because we’ve got a bright future ahead of us.

It’s called politics. If you want something then I want something. It would be completely moronic of the EU to not charge a visa cost if Britain leaves free movement. I don’t think anyone knows why they voted for brexit considering the entire campaign was based on lies but that’s in the past now. Less wealthy Britain’s voted majority to leave and now will be screwed by an extra £100 on their holidays to Spain. Karma is a *****
Original post by Milax1x
It’s called politics. If you want something then I want something. It would be completely moronic of the EU to not charge a visa cost if Britain leaves free movement. I don’t think anyone knows why they voted for brexit considering the entire campaign was based on lies but that’s in the past now. Less wealthy Britain’s voted majority to leave and now will be screwed by an extra £100 on their holidays to Spain. Karma is a *****

U.K tourists spend £33 billion every year in the E.U. Ahem, cough, cough. Nearly €0.4 trillion every decade.

That alone is a good enough reason to grant visa-free access to the U.K. - unless of course, this is pure scaremongering to dupe a gullible audience into staying within the E.U.

Charging £93 for a visa would hurt businesses across the E.U. but especially in Spain, Greece, France and Italy. Not gonna happen.

The following countries already have visa-free access to the E.U. Schengen area:

(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Milax1x

Tell me a country which charges for visas which charge that much for a visa? £93 for 1 persons visa is excessive and unreasonable.
Yep once again the EU dictatorship is launching another attack on Britain and fleecing us. Then they wonder why we chose to leave. They are going to charge us £93 for a visa to visit Europe.

Here is the proof:

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/brexit-free-movement-visa-registration-fees-paperwork-travel-budget-holidays-a8449426.html

I certainly will not be paying the EU £93. We won’t be in the EU anymore so why should they get anymore of our money.

We will be spending our money here in Britain. At least when we get out of the EU we will get our British tourist industry and holiday camp vouchers back.

cost of visa to the EU is still cheaper than America and canada, so yes I'd consider it

Here is the proof:

Here we have a typical brexit crackheaf!

Here is the proof:

Original post by AspiringAccount
Right so here's the situation. I've been trying to find some good shampoo to cure my itchy hair. But it keeps coming back I use head and shoulders. Got any other suggestions that will stop my hair from itching so much. I'm a dude.

Try Head n Shoulders or Coal Tar shampoo

I'm still laughing about the time I was over at a friend's house (that he shared with his brother, SIL, and their 2 kids), and his brother asked me if my wife and I had kids. When I told him no, he replied "Good...don't. Kids are ****ing evil.....OWWW !!!", as his wife punched him in the shoulder
Original post by Milax1x

This is ********, lots of countries don't charge for visitor visas, and even the ones that do usually only change £15 or less, take the US for example, the cost of their visitor visa is £10, and it's £5 for Canada!
Original post by hpsauce1
This is ********, lots of countries don't charge for visitor visas, and even the ones that do usually only change £15 or less, take the US for example, the cost of their visitor visa is £10, and it's £5 for Canada!

Rubbish.

A US tourist visa costs $160. What costs $14 is an ESTA for those who do not require a visa to visit the USA.

The EU is introducing an ETIAS which is their equivalent to an ESTA. It will cost 7 Euro. If the UK government strike a deal with the EU allowing Brits to use an ETIAS similar to the deal the UK has with the US allowing us to use an ESTA, then Brits will have to pay 7 Euro.

However, if the Brexiteers get their way of "no deals", we don't end up in the line of respectable non-EU countries like the USA and Australia with deals with the EU paying 7 Euros; we end up in the line with the nationals of all the dodgy countries paying £93.

Though it will all be a little bit academic if we crash out without doing a deal with the EU because no bloody planes will have a permit to fly to the the EU anyway.
yeah its only £93 ffs
Reply 13
Yeah, **** it. I love my sunny holidays with my European mates.
Yeah I would

Here is the proof:

'Then they wonder why we chose to leave'.

You realise that this is a result of leaving, rather than a catalyst for it?

Also, my understanding is that this is literally what everyone outside of the EU has to go through. This is one of the many repercussions of leaving the European Union.

I'm struggling to believe that this is a serious post...

Here is the proof:

If I wanted to visit somewhere and those were the rules I’d factor it in when making a decision to go.
No ones forcing you to pay or go

I'd likely pay it, angry that a bunch of people made a daft choice then sat back and let our government turn it into some weird religious suicide pact. Hopefully a discount for Remain voters :wink:
You do realise that the countries you listed are not part of the Schengen area but have a visa waiver under European Union law. If you exit the EU, then you have to accept that you lose rights you would have had as an EU country. The UK could have signed the Schengen agreement but chose not to. By the way, they still can but they don't want that because then they would have to let Schengen citizens into the UK without a visa. Don't expect to get all the perks from leaving the EU without having to face consequences. Also, I'm not quite sure how The Independent got the £93 because currently, a Schengen visa for all visiting countries is 60€ (£53) for a short stay and 99€ (£88) for stays over 90 days. You can look it up over here: https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/schengen-visa-fee/

That makes absolutely no sense. If we had stayed in the EU, it would be no problem whatsoever. But, if you decide not to be a member of your local club, just exactly why should we expect members rates? This is just hilarious. Remainers were being lambasted as doom-sayers when we said all this stuff 2 years ago and now it is starting to take effect, you are getting all upset about it. You voted for this. It is your fault!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending