The Student Room Group

Are you a Feminist?

Just answer with Yes or No

Scroll to see replies

A moderate one yes although I am a male
Reply 2
Original post by Volkerbund1933
A moderate one yes although I am a male

I'm actually very happy to hear that as males usually oppose the movement (I'm not trying to be rude offensive or stereotypical just merely stating my opinion)👍🏼
NO.
Yes (I’m a guy btw). Even if I don’t agree with everything that other people who call themselves feminists do, I still believe in gender equality which makes me a feminist
Reply 5
Original post by SkyRunner61
Yes (I’m a guy btw). Even if I don’t agree with everything that other people who call themselves feminists do, I still believe in gender equality which makes me a feminist

It's nice to have support from men in the feminist movement as sometimes women who are feminists get labelled as "men haters" however that's not true... (in most cases)
Yeah I guess. I wouldn't actively state it but I support equality got everyone and many of my friends are in the LGBT community so I care alot about those issues
i do like the ladies... so yes ?
Reply 8
Original post by Yukikobestgirl
Yeah I guess. I wouldn't actively state it but I support equality got everyone and many of my friends are in the LGBT community so I care alot about those issues

👌🏼It's nice that you support your friends as society is sometimes closed minded about the LGBT community...
I'm a staunch feminist, and by 'Feminist', I mean 'I think women should be able to vote, own land and should be treated with the respect and dignity that every human should be'

Mission accomplished! We won! Woo! Go feminism!

Not such a big fan of the whole 'Smash the patriarchy', self-indulgent movement though.
Reply 10
Original post by ThatOldGuy
I'm a staunch feminist, and by 'Feminist', I mean 'I think women should be able to vote, own land and should be treated with the respect and dignity that every human should be'

Mission accomplished! We won! Woo! Go feminism!

Not such a big fan of the whole 'Smash the patriarchy', self-indulgent movement though.

👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼 AHHHH this is amazing support!
Reply 11
Original post by the bear
i do like the ladies... so yes ?

😂😂😂
Yes and No.

For women's rights, equal under law, giving women equal opportunity within society, valuing traditionally female and male roles and traits equally.

against thinking men and women are identical and treating them as such, forced equality of outcomes,
The way I'd tackle maternity leave pay is to reduce the pay for the months a woman is working at office (and at early pregnancy) but then make up for it when she takes maternity leave. Similarily, fathers too should have paternity leave with a similar set of ideas
Reply 14
Original post by fallen_acorns
Yes and No.

For women's rights, equal under law, giving women equal opportunity within society, valuing traditionally female and male roles and traits equally.

against thinking men and women are identical and treating them as such, forced equality of outcomes,

Honestly I don't think that feminism believes that men and women should be "identical" however we do believe in equality. I do agree with you on the point that men and women aren't identical at least not in bodily anatomy😂
Yes
Reply 16
Original post by Volkerbund1933
The way I'd tackle maternity leave pay is to reduce the pay for the months a woman is working at office (and at early pregnancy) but then make up for it when she takes maternity leave. Similarily, fathers too should have paternity leave with a similar set of ideas

Thank you for this idea I think it's quite respectful and smart. It allows both parents to have a role in their Childs life👍🏼
Reply 17
This thread is proving my hypothesis wrong it seems that more men are feminists then women...
No I am not a feminist.
No. Feminism has now become a man-hating cult and I want nothing to do with it. I of course believe in equal rights and equality of opportunity for both sexes, but I don’t see why that position has to be called feminism.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending