The Student Room Group

Do guys not wear briefs anymore ?

My brother is 15 and mom has been buying him underwear his whole life and with Christmas around the corner when mom buys us both new underwear and he recently told me he told mom stop buying briefs and she said no, he doesnt like to wear tighty whities anymore which i found strange because he always wears them and when I asked mom she says she always buy him the coloured briefs/slips value packs from Tesco , he has been asking me to buy him boxers but I said no because that's not up to me its up to our mom and she has said no , is he getting too old to wear briefs dad is 44 and wears briefs so what is the issue. Apparently boys in pe lessions tease him for wearing what they call knickers for boys , do boys not like tighty whities anymore? Does your son or husband still wear them?
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

If men didn't wear them companies wouldn't make them.
when the weather is like this most guys go commando :h:
Original post by Kate ford
My brother is 15 and mom has been buying him underwear his whole life and with Christmas around the corner when mom buys us both new underwear and he recently told me he told mom stop buying briefs and she said no, he doesnt like to wear tighty whities anymore which i found strange because he always wears them and when I asked mom she says she always buy him the coloured briefs/slips value packs from Tesco , he has been asking me to buy him boxers but I said no because that's not up to me its up to our mom and she has said no , is he getting too old to wear briefs dad is 44 and wears briefs so what is the issue. Apparently boys in pe lessions tease him for wearing what they call knickers for boys , do boys not like tighty whities anymore? Does your son or husband still wear them?

I am 15 and still wear briefs/slips my mum buys them for me.
But most guys in pe wear boxers

Briefs look like thongs and I don’t do thongs. Miss me with that uncomfortable ****. Also if people didn’t wear them, companies wouldn’t make them, although there are briefs for women. Curious why you’re interested.

Boxers are big boy pants.
Reply 6
how come its such a big deal to just switch to boxers?
Tell him to say they are strangling his balls.
Haha you wear boy knickers
Reply 9
I'd totally pick on my friends for wearing those triangular underwear craps. Within boy groups thats honestly frowned upon so hard and i dont see why your mother is so persistent if the kid doesn't want it.

You become a man in life through responsibility and making decisions, let him grow up.
Original post by Randyyy
I'd totally pick on my friends for wearing those triangular underwear craps. Within boy groups thats honestly frowned upon so hard and i dont see why your mother is so persistent if the kid doesn't want it.

You become a man in life through responsibility and making decisions, let him grow up.

How come you would pick on your friends for wearing pants

Why is it so bad for guy to wear pants /briefs I have always worn them
I'm going to assume you're a female as your name is "kate". I'm sorry for saying this but for boys their type of underwear REALLY is a big deal. He needs to be wearing boxers by now and I think that if you liked your brother at all you would try to side with him. Can't you see he's being picked on? If I still had PE lessons and a boy was wearng those nappy looking things you can be certain that I and everyone else would roast him as he should have ditched those things before he got to secondary school.
Original post by randomsheep11
I'm going to assume you're a female as your name is "kate". I'm sorry for saying this but for boys their type of underwear REALLY is a big deal. He needs to be wearing boxers by now and I think that if you liked your brother at all you would try to side with him. Can't you see he's being picked on? If I still had PE lessons and a boy was wearng those nappy looking things you can be certain that I and everyone else would roast him as he should have ditched those things before he got to secondary school.

I am 15 and still wear those nappy looking things.. why is it so bad for boys to wear pants
Original post by the bear

I don't know any boys that go commando in this weather, I do know a couple of girls who do though.

Why does he *NEED* to be wearing boxers by now?
I prefer boxers coz it's summer, there needs to be some ventilation down there I mean.. Only boys can understand that....
All the men in my life wear boxer briefs. They are tighter like briefs but have the square shape of boxers so they are aesthetically pleasing and more “grown-up” without being exceptionally baggy. These may be a viable option for your brother.
It’s undeniable that briefs are associated almost exclusively with young boys and old men. It’s quite rare to find teenage boys, young adults and even men in their 30s, 40s, 50s etc. who wear briefs, I definitely think briefs are slowly dying out.

As a swimmer, I’ve spent many hours over the years in changing rooms and even a lot of older men now wear boxers. I haven’t seen anyone over the age of like 9 or 10 wearing briefs in changing rooms for years and years.
(edited 5 years ago)
Grow up. There's nothing wrong with botty-huggers - if they were as harmful as people claim, many of us and our parents wouldn't have been born.

You say for boys it's a big deal, I'll add that for men, it isn't. I wear boxers, though mostly out of habit following an initial preference. I have worn botty-huggers as an adult, however, and didn't find them as uncomfortable or constricting as people tell me I should have done.

So basically, the type of underwear someone wears is entirely their own choice. In other words, keep your nose out of other guys' underwear.
Original post by the bear
No they don't.
Reply 19
Original post by Tootles
Grow up. There's nothing wrong with botty-huggers - if they were as harmful as people claim, many of us and our parents wouldn't have been born.

You say for boys it's a big deal, I'll add that for men, it isn't. I wear boxers, though mostly out of habit following an initial preference. I have worn botty-huggers as an adult, however, and didn't find them as uncomfortable or constricting as people tell me I should have done.

So basically, the type of underwear someone wears is entirely their own choice. In other words, keep your nose out of other guys' underwear.

Actually in PE lessons that proves it isn't really his choice. People must move forward and this is one thing that just happens.
(edited 5 years ago)

Latest