The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
like 95% of people wear boxers, man thongs are for under 12s and over 40's only lol
Original post by Bio 7
Actually in PE lessons that proves it isn't really his choice. People must move forward and this is one thing that just happens.
Little boys judging one another on their choice of underwear. Who's not moving forward, here?
Original post by 14lewis14
I am 15 and still wear those nappy looking things.. why is it so bad for boys to wear pants

Omg You still wear pants at 15... wedgie timee
Reply 23
Original post by Tootles
Little boys judging one another on their choice of underwear. Who's not moving forward, here?

I'm just saying that as a group we leave briefs at 12-14ish and move on. Him being picked on shows that we all exert peer pressure on this issue. Some may not cave but most will.
Original post by Anonymous
You posted this anon so we can't find you to wedgie you.
Original post by Anonymous

Why would you give me a wedgie what's so bad about still wearing pants at 15
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
It’s undeniable that briefs are associated almost exclusively with young boys and old men. It’s quite rare to find teenage boys, young adults and even men in their 30s, 40s, 50s etc. who wear briefs, I definitely think briefs are slowly dying out.

As a swimmer, I’ve spent many hours over the years in changing rooms and even a lot of older men now wear boxers. I haven’t seen anyone over the age of like 9 or 10 wearing briefs in changing rooms for years and years.

Sounds slightly wrong like you stare at peoples pants
It still amazes me that this is such a popular trolling topic on here.
How come you would pick on your friends for wearing pants

Why is it so bad for guy to wear pants /briefs I have always worn them

I wore them aswell up to 7 maybe and then my best friend at the time saw and he took the mick haha. It just had such stigma attached to it, or it did in my friend circlr anyway. I would pick on my friend, not bully them... In a jokingly fashion but still it'd annoy them
Briefs are for young kids. When I was at school, and I'm guessing it's the still the same now for sure, if you were wearing briefs you got the p*ss taken out of you and it was pretty embarrassing for you. So he should definitely be allowed to change to boxers I don't see what the big deal is.
Original post by Luke5125
Sounds slightly wrong like you stare at peoples pants

Not really. When you're in a changing room you're going to see people around you unless you've got a blindfold on or are keeping your eyes shut.
Why the heck won't your mum just buy him the underwear he feels comfortable in? It doesn't matter if 99% of men wear briefs (which they don't) if he doesn't want to wear them he shouldn't have to.
He could buy his own underwear...
I wear boxers and briefs but if I am wearing briefs on a pe day I will pull my shirt down when I'm getting changed to try and hide them
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Not really. When you're in a changing room you're going to see people around you unless you've got a blindfold on or are keeping your eyes shut.

I thought wearing a blindfold was normal, must be foing it aiwon
Original post by Tootles
Grow up. There's nothing wrong with botty-huggers - if they were as harmful as people claim, many of us and our parents wouldn't have been born.

You say for boys it's a big deal, I'll add that for men, it isn't. I wear boxers, though mostly out of habit following an initial preference. I have worn botty-huggers as an adult, however, and didn't find them as uncomfortable or constricting as people tell me I should have done.

So basically, the type of underwear someone wears is entirely their own choice. In other words, keep your nose out of other guys' underwear.

Apart from the fact that they actually look like nappies and look atrocious. The op was asking people's opinions on tighty whities, so ofc I'm going to tell the truth about what everyone thinks. You sometimes wear them as an adult. So? I guess if you really do have a lot of experience with getting undressed infront of other dudes with your tighty whites on, and you don't feel embarrassed, then good for you call me out on that - but I'm just going to be heteronormative scum and assume you don't swing that way. The thing is, with these tighty whities there can be a much higher risk of unwatned butt cheeks or testicles slipping out on accident and they simply don't look manly at all. Men typically don't show that upper inner thigh that you so often can see on women (swimsuits, knickers, leotards). Plus, since the boy in question is 15 there's also a chance that some pubic hair may even stick out which is highly unsightly for everyone who is near him when he gets changed. Also, nice attempt at an insult at the end there - but you literally can't avoid seeing other guys underwear when you're getting changed in PE.
Original post by Luke5125
I don't know any boys that go commando in this weather, I do know a couple of girls who do though.

Why does he *NEED* to be wearing boxers by now?

Because they look like thongs/nappies. Men don't show the upper inner thigh. It's not manly. Do men wear leotards or female bathing suits? We're not in Europe where speedos are more accepted, but over here the general conscensus is that they look gross and I agree with that. Another reasons why he needs to wear boxers is because he's literally being teased at school for something that he could easily change. He's not 9 anymore, it' abnormal for him to still be wearing those things. The only reason why older men start wearing them is because they're too old and out of shape to need to worry about looking decent in underwear.
I am 15 and still wear those nappy looking things.. why is it so bad for boys to wear pants

It's not manly to expose the upper inner thigh. Women wear: bathing suits, leotards, knickers etc. and it looks good on them. Showing this area of your body makes you look feminine. Also from an aesthetic point, it just makes your bum look weird and your but cheeks or testicles could slip out at any time which is just not nice. Small boys wear the nappy pants. They have no pubic hair to cover, their penises aren't really going to be big enough to poke out of their underwear tbh. It just doesn't look manly at all unless you're super ripped and can pull the look off.
Reply 38
Am I the only one who wears a loincloth!?!
Original post by randomsheep11
Because they look like thongs/nappies. Men don't show the upper inner thigh. It's not manly. Do men wear leotards or female bathing suits? We're not in Europe where speedos are more accepted, but over here the general conscensus is that they look gross and I agree with that. Another reasons why he needs to wear boxers is because he's literally being teased at school for something that he could easily change. He's not 9 anymore, it' abnormal for him to still be wearing those things. The only reason why older men start wearing them is because they're too old and out of shape to need to worry about looking decent in underwear.

WTF you on about?!

Latest

Trending

Trending