The Student Room Group

my boyfriend keeps lieing

my boyfriend has been lieing about various things lately and we keep arguing. everytime we argue I feel extremely sick, and I will sometimes be sick and it stops me sleeping. I start crying, but I love him to pieces and he loves me to pieces too, and when we are okay and not arguing it's the best, our relationship couldn't get any better but what do I do?
Reply 1
Ask your boyfriend to be more honest with you as his lies are making you upset. If he knows that lying upsets you, he might stop.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
my boyfriend has been lieing about various things lately and we keep arguing. everytime we argue I feel extremely sick, and I will sometimes be sick and it stops me sleeping. I start crying, but I love him to pieces and he loves me to pieces too, and when we are okay and not arguing it's the best, our relationship couldn't get any better but what do I do?
If he loved you he wouldn't lie to you and argue to the point where you're ill.
Reply 3
What does he lie about? Try to give some examples.

If he loved you then he wouldnt lie to you. It is one of the worse traits and you would do well to leave him. You may only discover a fraction of what he is lying about.

The alternative is to accept he is a liar and have more good times than bad.. To some people this would be a compromise they are unwilling to make.

First take breathers...so that your mind will be at ease to sort it out...
-make a list of things that you feel there should be more clarity.
- Tell him the foundation of a relationship...which needs trust,closure, honesty...
-Also make him know that if he truly loves you, He wouldnt want to hurt you either
-Assure him that you're with him through whatever struggle he may go through...
Reply 6
Original post by natty_b
Ask your boyfriend to be more honest with you as his lies are making you upset. If he knows that lying upsets you, he might stop.

I'm sure he does know, it's pretty obvious. If he told me o wouldnt even care, it's just the fact he's lying
Original post by Tootles
If he loved you he wouldn't lie to you and argue to the point where you're ill.

But he shows that he does when were okay
Reply 7
But he shows that he does when were okay
Believe me, that's the oldest one in the book.
you mean "lying" rather than "lieing"

it seems your boyfriend does not actually care about you and this may be grounds so you may need to end your relationship in order to find a better person.
Reply 9
Original post by UWS
What does he lie about? Try to give some examples.

it's only really Minor stuff tbh, I only get so upset over it because he feels the need to lie. But it's things like people he's talking to/adding/following and pictures. I just don't get why he doesn't tell me because I wouldn't care about that stuff if he did
Why are you with someone you're clearly unhappy with? He keeps lying because he knows he can get away with it.
Reply 11
Anyone else annoyed by the thread title?
Original post by Iluv2edgedsword
First take breathers...so that your mind will be at ease to sort it out...
-make a list of things that you feel there should be more clarity.
- Tell him the foundation of a relationship...which needs trust,closure, honesty...
-Also make him know that if he truly loves you, He wouldnt want to hurt you either
-Assure him that you're with him through whatever struggle he may go through...

I've tried everything I can, we always say were not gonna argue, we have no need and we talk about everything but it happens again
I've tried everything I can, we always say were not gonna argue, we have no need and we talk about everything but it happens again

The reason why it arises again is because the problem in the argument is not solved...
Perhaps you need to highlight the problem and then ask him for the solution...if he doesn't, either you could accept him for that or you could expect the argument to rise again..
I understand..this looks like a grand maze, but love wins it all!
so we've been arguing since 10 o'clock and I think it's over. I'm honestly heart broken
if your relationship is only good when you don't talk about serious things and stick to the status quo then it's not a good relationship
Original post by Tiger Rag
Why are you with someone you're clearly unhappy with? He keeps lying because he knows he can get away with it.

Some people are bonkers/ delusional or desperate to be in a relationship of any quality ?
Life is simply too short to be with someone who makes you so upset and unhappy.

Spend some time looking after yourself and be the best you can and find someone who will love you and treat you with respect.

You deserve so much better.

I wish you all the best!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending