The Student Room Group

Is something going on here?

So when I was at college a few years ago, there was this guy who was crushing on me real bad. He never told me or approached me but I could tell with the way he was around me.

Anyway we finished college, I thought I'd never see him again. I took a gap year straight after college before going to university. I was surprised to see him at uni on a different course to mine.

The other day I saw him holding hands with a girl so I think he is in a relationship and it's confirmed on his Facebook profile.

I think he never approached me as he is not Muslim like me or maybe it's the fact that I'm a quiet girl or I'm a few years older than him, I don't know. I'm not sure if I like him but there was a vibe between us and I can't stop thinking about him even now that I know he is with someone. I don't know what it is. Also I keep hearing my family talking about him. I'm not sure it's him they are talking about but they keep saying his name and then when they know I am there, they change the subject. I'm not sure what is going on but something doesn't feel right.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
That's a long post

With all due respect, can you sum it up in about a few sentences
I think you're over-thinking it. Nothing happened between you two and a lot of time has passed. Its likely he got over you when he was no longer around you everyday and found someone who finally reciprocates his feelings.
TSR don't work like that.

You will get more of a response if you shortened it. Hit it up with a TL:biggrin:R, and if the solution isn't obvious or it's all just stupid, I might just reply to it.
It does sound a bit odd. Tbh if he's not someone you're sure to run into there's no harm in just asking him what's going on
Reply 5
Original post by SkyRunner61
It does sound a bit odd. Tbh if he's not someone you're sure to run into there's no harm in just asking him what's going on

I doubt I will see him again and if I did, I don't think I'd have the guts to approach him to ask and what if I managed to ask him and there was nothing going on and he laughed at me? I think I'd die of humiliation.
Original post by s817
I doubt I will see him again and if I did, I don't think I'd have the guts to approach him to ask and what if I managed to ask him and there was nothing going on and he laughed at me? I think I'd die of humiliation.

I meant over something like social media, in which case you could just delete it, block him and never think about it again. I personally would be more bothered if I never found out if something was going on though
Reply 7
I meant over something like social media, in which case you could just delete it, block him and never think about it again. I personally would be more bothered if I never found out if something was going on though

I haven't added him on any social media. What if he doesn't accept my friend request? If he does accept, Won't it be weird if I add him to just ask him then block him. What if I saw him in person after? It would be embarrassing because he'd know and I'd know.
Reply 8
Probably wouldn't bother, it'd make you look a bit weird imo.
Reply 9
Firstly this is some primary school nonsense lol.

He never even spoke to you lol. He’s not interested. If he picked a girl total opposite to you it’s probanly because that’s his type and you just happen to be the opposite. Just seems like he was being polite. This ain’t twilight
You like him?
Original post by s817
I haven't added him on any social media. What if he doesn't accept my friend request? If he does accept, Won't it be weird if I add him to just ask him then block him. What if I saw him in person after? It would be embarrassing because he'd know and I'd know.

In that case, move on
Reply 12
Original post by TheAlchemistress
You like him?

I think so
Reply 13
In that case, move on

I've tried but I can't seem to
Original post by s817
I've tried but I can't seem to

This will sound unsympathetic, but you have to. It's not necessarily something that you have to force, that tends to backfire, but it's more like you kind of have to put up with your unrequited feelings and curiosity and continue living your life. As time passes, you should find yourself thinking about him less and less until he doesn't matter to you at all
Original post by s817
I think so

There’s a saying, but I forgot it.
Something along the lines, “you don’t realise what you have, once you’ve lost it”.
You liked him so your brain collected all these events trying to make you believe he has similar feelings. Unfortunately, he doesn't and he is currently in a relationship. So, move on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending