The Student Room Group

UKCAT Medify Mocks vs Actual Exam

I have my UKCAT exam in 2 weeks and I've done 4 weeks of practice until now.
Yesterday I did my first mock exam on Medify and got VR: 600 DM: 300-400 QR: 670 AR: 750 with an average of 640 roughly and I found the exam really hard compared to the practice questions.
Today I did another mock and got VR: 550 DM: 400-500 QR: 600 AR: 700 SJT: band 2 with an average of 600.

How hard are the Medify mocks compared to the actual exam?
Original post by Francesco8801
I have my UKCAT exam in 2 weeks and I've done 4 weeks of practice until now.
Yesterday I did my first mock exam on Medify and got VR: 600 DM: 300-400 QR: 670 AR: 750 with an average of 640 roughly and I found the exam really hard compared to the practice questions.
Today I did another mock and got VR: 550 DM: 400-500 QR: 600 AR: 700 SJT: band 2 with an average of 600.

How hard are the Medify mocks compared to the actual exam?

I found them very similar to the real thing! I just did mine today and in general the Medify mocks reflect the real one very well, except decision-making - I did SO much better at this in the real thing. Also I found that the VR texts on Medify are lengthier than in the real thing, which was good:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by ines22xox
I found them very similar to the real thing! I just did mine today and in general the Medify mocks reflect the real one very well, except decision-making - I did SO much better at this in the real thing. Also I found that the VR texts on Medify are lengthier than in the real thing, which was good:smile:

Thank you so much for replying :smile:
I'm happy the DM section is easier in the real thing because I found it extremely hard in the mocks!
I'm pretty confident about the other sections although I definetely need to improve in VR :smile:
Reply 3
Do you mind if I ask what scores you got and what respurces you used to practice? :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Thank you so much for replying :smile:
I'm happy the DM section is easier in the real thing because I found it extremely hard in the mocks!
I'm pretty confident about the other sections although I definetely need to improve in VR :smile:

No worries:smile: You've still got plenty of time, just make sure you practice everything under timed conditions (especially VR and QR), because the only thing that makes the UKCAT so difficult is the ridiculous time limits. Good luck!
Reply 5
No worries:smile: You've still got plenty of time, just make sure you practice everything under timed conditions (especially VR and QR), because the only thing that makes the UKCAT so difficult is the ridiculous time limits. Good luck!

Thanks! :smile:
Do you mind if I ask what scores you got and what respurces you used to practice? :smile:

I used the ISC book, the UKCAT mocks and question banks, then medify in the final week.

VR: 680
DM: 790
QR: 650
AR: 720
SJ: band 1
Reply 7
I used the ISC book, the UKCAT mocks and question banks, then medify in the final week.

Wow those are amazing results! Well done! :smile:
Wow those are amazing results! Well done! :smile:

Thank you!
Thank you!

Wow congrats!!
How long did you spend preparing?
Also do you have tips for DM and AR? They seem to be my weakest sections.
Have you done the UKCATs yet OP? Could I ask what it was like compared to Medify Mocks in your opinion? Mine's in 2 days and I'm nervous... :s-smilie:

Which month did you sit your test?
Original post by davidthomasjnr
Which month did you sit your test?

Mid July
Original post by lion-tiger
Wow congrats!!

About 3 weeks. DM I really don’t have any tips for, honestly I think it depends if you just have a knack for riddles, but I can say you can afford to take your time in this section. For AR, practice! It’s the only section in which I actually saw significant improvement by practicing bc you get good at recognising patterns. Also if you spot one common feature, base your answers of that rather than trying to spot the other features of the pattern bc you will waste time, and should still get most of the answers right using the one common feature.
Original post by EnglishKoreanman
Have you done the UKCATs yet OP? Could I ask what it was like compared to Medify Mocks in your opinion? Mine's in 2 days and I'm nervous... :s-smilie:

Sorry I didn’t respond in time, I hope it went well!
Reply 15

Hi! I'm so sorry for not replying, I didn't look at this thread for so much time and missed a lot.
I guess you already did the UKCAT by now, how did it go? :smile:
Hi! I'm so sorry for not replying, I didn't look at this thread for so much time and missed a lot.
I guess you already did the UKCAT by now, how did it go? :smile:

It's OK haha. I got 767.5 average, but I got Band 3. Hopefully I can still apply to KCL with no problems...
Reply 17
It's OK haha. I got 767.5 average, but I got Band 3. Hopefully I can still apply to KCL with no problems...

Wow that's an awesome score, well done! :smile:
Wow that's an awesome score, well done! :smile:

Thanks a lot!
Original post by lion-tiger
Wow congrats!!

did you find the ukcat mocks were a lot more difficult than the Medify ones because I did UKCAT test A and did really badly it was a lot harder than the questions on Medify

Latest

Trending

Trending