The Student Room Group

Trump could bring about a new intellectual enlightenment

Some might not be aware of this but we will in a nightmare and a intellectual Dark Age.

We have people who have been programmed all their lives with a set of values and who often don’t have the intellectual ability to see part their programming. We then have a kind of political Stasi force in organisations to maintain the “correct” beliefs.

I will provide examples. Let’s say you bring up the question of whether feminism has an real issues in the Western world, and only non-issues; these people think in black and white and form an immediate knee jerk response. The initial knee jerk response is one of shock, horror and faux outrage. The reaction is not to actually respond on the subject matter and make an argument about the real issues of feminism. The response is based on the belief that the proposer is a bigot with an outdated set of beliefs that needs to be re-educated.

The same goes for bringing up the argument that there are no instances of oppression and prejudge leading to differences in group outcomes, and this is caused by different abilities and preferences in the group. The person who proposes this is an outdated bigot who needs to be reformed from their antiquated views from 1860 (even though these are cutting edge views developed in 2017/2018). They will simply not respond on the subject matter.

Unconscious bias - it has been vigorously disproven as bunkum. The reaction - outrageous fool who just isn’t getting it. See me.

Or another one, if someone brings up woman have equality of opportunity and going for equality of outcome is oppressive first in terms of bypassing a merit based system, and secondly forcing equality of outcome interferes with liberty. Again a backward individual who isn’t with the programme, faux outrage and diversity training needed.

We have people that are literally programmed to consider intellectual ideas.

I say that the Trump movement is doing a good thing to remove these equality and diversity functions in organisations, and this thinking which is simply preserving an intellectual drought and Dark Age.

I am very surprised that at least tens of millions of people in the United States understand his but only thousands of people in Britain understand this.

Is it time for you to wake up and acknowledge that you are in a nightmare.

Scroll to see replies

It's the reason why so many people like Ben Shapiro nowadays. Instead of shouting sexism, racism and homophobia all the time, some should think and back their claims up with reasoning. For example so many times people think: 'women make less than men for the same job', but when asked: 'what makes you think that?' the answer is: 'it's a fact, everybody knows it'.

I wouldn't call it an 'intellectual dark age', because it only applies to politics. And i don't think the Trump voters saw it like this, they just didn't buy Hillary's bs and were done with the political correctness and victim thinking.

I don't know if Trumps presidency is going to resolve the issues you brought up. Democrats are automatically against everything he does. It's what you call 'programmed'. Even if he were to carry out Sanders' agenda, they'd be against it. I think it results in more people who just shout along 'bigot' without thinking.
Original post by dualseveral
Some might not be aware of this but we will in a nightmare and a intellectual Dark Age.

We have people who have been programmed all their lives with a set of values and who often don’t have the intellectual ability to see part their programming. We then have a kind of political Stasi force in organisations to maintain the “correct” beliefs.

I will provide examples. Let’s say you bring up the question of whether feminism has an real issues in the Western world, and only non-issues; these people think in black and white and form an immediate knee jerk response. The initial knee jerk response is one of shock, horror and faux outrage. The reaction is not to actually respond on the subject matter and make an argument about the real issues of feminism. The response is based on the belief that the proposer is a bigot with an outdated set of beliefs that needs to be re-educated.

The same goes for bringing up the argument that there are no instances of oppression and prejudge leading to differences in group outcomes, and this is caused by different abilities and preferences in the group. The person who proposes this is an outdated bigot who needs to be reformed from their antiquated views from 1860 (even though these are cutting edge views developed in 2017/2018). They will simply not respond on the subject matter.

Unconscious bias - it has been vigorously disproven as bunkum. The reaction - outrageous fool who just isn’t getting it. See me.

Or another one, if someone brings up woman have equality of opportunity and going for equality of outcome is oppressive first in terms of bypassing a merit based system, and secondly forcing equality of outcome interferes with liberty. Again a backward individual who isn’t with the programme, faux outrage and diversity training needed.

We have people that are literally programmed to consider intellectual ideas.

I say that the Trump movement is doing a good thing to remove these equality and diversity functions in organisations, and this thinking which is simply preserving an intellectual drought and Dark Age.

I am very surprised that at least tens of millions of people in the United States understand his but only thousands of people in Britain understand this.

Is it time for you to wake up and acknowledge that you are in a nightmare.

Sorry...what

First of all, most of this doesn't even make sense.

Secondly, these issues you mention. Are these really the biggest problems in the world right now? These issues that the trump movement are supposedly going to resolve are actually pretty tiny in the grand scheme of things. America needs a government to help sort out it's distribution of wealth, resolve the corruption of the power at the top and deal with issues effectively. So far all Trump has shown us is that he can portray himself as an idiot and has wasted government funds on golfing
Reply 3
Original post by ZiggyStardust_
Sorry...what

First of all, most of this doesn't even make sense.

Secondly, these issues you mention. Are these really the biggest problems in the world right now? These issues that the trump movement are supposedly going to resolve are actually pretty tiny in the grand scheme of things. America needs a government to help sort out it's distribution of wealth, resolve the corruption of the power at the top and deal with issues effectively. So far all Trump has shown us is that he can portray himself as an idiot and has wasted government funds on golfing

I’m sorry but individual liberty and being able to ask questions are not trifle issues. It’s a massively big issue and we should be prepared to die in a ditch for basic freedoms.
I’m sorry but individual liberty and being able to ask questions are not trifle issues. It’s a massively big issue and we should be prepared to die in a ditch for basic freedoms.

Last time I checked, we have these basic freedoms according to the law. In USA, freedom of speech (first constituion) allows us this. In UK, there is also a similar law.
Reply 5
Original post by ZiggyStardust_
Last time I checked, we have these basic freedoms according to the law. In USA, freedom of speech (first constituion) allows us this. In UK, there is also a similar law.

Well it doesn’t really make much difference if we theoretically have these freedoms when in precise we don’t have them in the real institutions. Any mention of those questions will attract the attention of your Diversity Officer - the Stasi.

So what you are saying, is that women should get back into their place as home makers and sex objects and black people should get back into their place as people who serve white people?

Is that what you are basically saying? Because that is what it sounds like? But by me questioning you - naturally I am programmed by some liberal conspiracy right?
Why dnt u respeckt wamen? :frown:
a new york billionaire who has scammed students and contractors is the last person on earth to bring about any sort of change.

Lobbied Florida to allow gambling and paid hillary clinton to attend his wedding, he is part of the very elite he claims to disrupt.

Rupert Murdoch and the Mercer Family are his principal backers and his cabinet is filled with pentagon generals and wall street bankers.
Reply 9
Original post by ByEeek
So what you are saying, is that women should get back into their place as home makers and sex objects and black people should get back into their place as people who serve white people?

Is that what you are basically saying? Because that is what it sounds like? But by me questioning you - naturally I am programmed by some liberal conspiracy right?

This is where the breakdown between Conservatives and Liberals happens and this is exactly what the culture wars are about.

How do liberals get from the statement that we should be allowed to ask:

- feminists have any idea issues today?
- whether differences is group outcomes are caused by oppression and prejudice or differences and preferences in the group
- whether unconscious bias is a disproven myth

To putting women and blacks into servitude.

When I wrote a statement like this:

Women do not deserve a voice
And men do not deserve a voice either
Unless they are correct
And Empirically correct, not politically correct

A liberal will usually read that as an oppressive statement even though it’s entirely neutral.

It’s because progressive liberals are not coming from a middle of the road, neutral place. They are extremists.
what a load of pseudo intellectual pretentious nonsense. Trump has made people less critical
Original post by GlockInmyRari
It's the reason why so many people like Ben Shapiro nowadays. Instead of shouting sexism, racism and homophobia all the time, some should think and back their claims up with reasoning. For example so many times people think: 'women make less than men for the same job', but when asked: 'what makes you think that?' the answer is: 'it's a fact, everybody knows it'.

I wouldn't call it an 'intellectual dark age', because it only applies to politics. And i don't think the Trump voters saw it like this, they just didn't buy Hillary's bs and were done with the political correctness and victim thinking.

I don't know if Trumps presidency is going to resolve the issues you brought up. Democrats are automatically against everything he does. It's what you call 'programmed'. Even if he were to carry out Sanders' agenda, they'd be against it. I think it results in more people who just shout along 'bigot' without thinking.

I don't think that he does much right, to be honest.

Women do not deserve a voice
And men do not deserve a voice either
Unless they are correct
And Empirically correct, not politically correct

And if you want to live in that sort of society, then feel free to live in Saudi Arabia, or Egypt or any other autocratic dictatorship. And to some extent, Trump's America is becoming like that. Like you say, no one has a voice - they just have to do what the powers tell them.

Me - men should have a voice. Women should have a voice. The voice of a woman is equal to the voice of a man. Neither is superior. If you agree with that, then I am not really sure what your point is.
Original post by pablo442
what a load of pseudo intellectual pretentious nonsense. Trump has made people less critical

People are much more aware and self aware now that Trump is in power. You can’t a tangible example. Fake news. CNN has been making fake news for decades and people like have been calling it out for decades and you mainstream Nini’s constant denied it and claimed people who claimed this were mad. The Nini’s can’t and won’t claim this anymore. With the President claiming this in press conferences with world leaders, the Nini’s are forced to confront the issue.

I dare you to claim this this First Gulf War footage is real:

Original post by ByEeek
And if you want to live in that sort of society, then feel free to live in Saudi Arabia, or Egypt or any other autocratic dictatorship. And to some extent, Trump's America is becoming like that. Like you say, no one has a voice - they just have to do what the powers tell them.

Me - men should have a voice. Women should have a voice. The voice of a woman is equal to the voice of a man. Neither is superior. If you agree with that, then I am not really sure what your point is.

Where did I say I wanted to convert us to Saudi Arabia. You said that not me. I prefer personal liberty. I said nothing about putting women in the kitchen (they are free to chose what they do - if a woman wants to be a housewife there is no shame in that), or blacks back to the plantation. I don’t think anyone on the modern right wants to bring back slavery.

No person deserves a voice or a platform, the same way no person deserves wealth. These things are earned.

I’m not sure how you read into that statement that it said a man was superior. Objectively the statement didn’t say that. Only a progressive liberal could read that into a neutral statement - one that’s designed to trick progressive liberals and give you more ability of self reflection by looking at your automatic reaction to a statement with the words woman and voice next to each other.
People are much more aware and self aware now that Trump is in power. You can’t a tangible example. Fake news. CNN has been making fake news for decades and people like have been calling it out for decades and you mainstream Nini’s constant denied it and claimed people who claimed this were mad. The Nini’s can’t and won’t claim this anymore. With the President claiming this in press conferences with world leaders, the Nini’s are forced to confront the issue.

I dare you to claim this this First Gulf War footage is real:

the fact that you call mainstream news fake news is proof that trump has made people stupid

fake news is a term used to describe fabricated news from made up sites used to help TRump gain power. somehow, he manages to call everything that reports on him negatively as fake news

you are an idiot. dont think youre woke or anything
This thread. Just all of it.
weary.gif
Where did I say I wanted to convert us to Saudi Arabia. You said that not me. I prefer personal liberty. I said nothing about putting women in the kitchen (they are free to chose what they do - if a woman wants to be a housewife there is no shame in that), or blacks back to the plantation. I don’t think anyone on the modern right wants to bring back slavery.

No person deserves a voice or a platform, the same way no person deserves wealth. These things are earned.

If a voice is to be earned, then you are suggesting a dictatorial society where those who pay the rulers sufficient lip service or money get their ear i.e. they have a voice. In a democracy, everyone has a voice. That voice is equal and is accountable before the law. That is what is Great about Britain. That the government, police, army and citizens, men, women and minorities are all accountable before the same laws. By contrast other societies have one rule for the leaders and a different rule for everyone else.
Original post by pablo442
the fact that you call mainstream news fake news is proof that trump has made people stupid

fake news is a term used to describe fabricated news from made up sites used to help TRump gain power. somehow, he manages to call everything that reports on him negatively as fake news

you are an idiot. dont think youre woke or anything

Just because you band a term around doesn’t mean you understand all its meanings especially if you’re not a very experienced person. For example a little girl might understand a toy to be a doll, but she might not realise that the term doll could also mean a voodoo doll.

As contradictory, weird and deadly is the opposites of fake news meaning individuals or very small broadcast outlets putting out dubious information via social media, or it can refer to mainstream news running fake stories, for example under Project Veritas CNN execs admitted 3 times on camera that they were knowingly putting out a false Russiagate story. Do your homework first. Engage second.

Please watch the videos rather than relying on other people to post them.
(edited 5 years ago)
Just because you band a term around doesn’t mean you understand all its meanings especially if you’re not a very experienced person. For example a little girl might understand a toy to be a doll, but she might not realise that the term doll could also mean a voodoo doll.

As contradictory, weird and deadly is the opposites of fake news meaning individuals or very small broadcast outlets putting out dubious information via social media, or it can refer to mainstream news running fake stories, for example under Project Veritas CNN execs admitted 3 times on camera that they were knowingly putting out a false Russiagate story. Do your homework first. Engage second.

Please watch the videos rather than relying on other people to post them.

blah blah blah

you cant even hold a conversation and make a relevant reply yet you want to claim trump is bringing an intellectual enlightment

youve wasted my time enough, you're too stupid for me sorry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending